Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 54 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 54 reviews
on January 8, 2014
I love this shredder. It's the most quiet and most powerful one I've owned to date for home use. I would highly recommend it for a good home office shredder or light to medium small office shredder.

Now, on to the negatives and the loss of one star:

Credit card/CD/DVD shredder portion could use a little tighter shredding size
Stand/basket construction is made from a lighter weight plastic that feels a bit cheap. Luckily you only really notice this when emptying it, and seeing the nice finely chopped pieces takes your mind off it...which leads me to...
Those little pieces, they get everywhere... MOST will collect in the basket but you WILL end up with little pieces all over the floor since the cutters will hold some that drop as you take the basket out. Keep a small vacuum nearby.
on December 22, 2012
I needed the micro cut because I handle a lot of private information and have found that this shredder really does the job. All papers are completely decimated!
This shredder works great, super fast, and doesn't burn out like my other one did after just a few pages. My absolute favorite feature is the fact that I can shred my mail without even having to open it!
The reason this review is 4 out of 5 stars is because of its size. Without the wheels at the bottom it would be a better size to fit under a desk, but the wheels do add another 1- 1.5 inches to the height. Taking the wheels off is not recommended because the shredder weighs 50 lbs.
on January 21, 2013
Our household shredder had finally bitten the dust and my wife wanted one that "did not sound like a jet taking off". I wanted to upgrade from a cross-cut to a micro-cut shredder, and this one caught my eye. We shred everything printed in our house except candy wrappers, so we needed something that would last longer than the 1 or 2 years we were getting. This one seemed to fit the bill so we ordered it. It is large, larger than our kitchen trash can. And heavy. It is double-boxed and packaged well. A bottle of shredder oil was included along with brief instructions. We quickly set it up, oiled a sheet of paper, then shredded it and a large pile of paper and receipts. The shredder quietly chewed through it with ease. We oil it after every fillup of the waste basket. My wife loves it and I like the much smaller shred particles. I should note that it is made in China and the instructions are almost negligible.
44 comments| 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 8, 2013
I LOVE this shredder! This shredder makes my old standard run-of-the-mill shredder look like a joke! When the box got here, i was suprised at how heavy it was. It is about twice as tall as my old shredder. Thankfully, the shredder has wheels (already installed), so moving it is not a problem. It shreds like crazy! It is also very quiet, much quieter than my old one. It shreds papers into really small pieces, too. I have not tried CDs or credit cards. The other thing I really like is the pull-out paper bin. On my old one, I had to lift the top off to empty the paper, which was inconvenient and made a big mess. This bin is much more convenient. I had a bunch of stuff saved up to shred and this took care of it all! I have not used this shredder long, so I hope it lasts. Plus, it came with a small bottle of shredder oil, too.

If you need a new shredder, I would advise you to spend a little more than the 50 to 60 dollar range and get this shredder! You will be happy you did! I know I am!

ADDENDUM (FEB 17, 2013): NOTE: I still like my shredder, but I noticed the price has gone way up. I purchased mine for around 120 dollars, now it is up to about 195. I am not sure I would recommend it for that much, however I didnt really compare shredders at that price point when I was shopping, so just be aware.
on August 29, 2012
Received this Comet micro-cut 12 sheet shredder just today. I am amazed at the quality.
It is very heavy duty, larger and heavier than I had anticipated, but so very quiet.
Has wheels on it so it can roll back out of the way when not in use.
I shredded whole envelopes, credit cards and papers and it ate them with ease.
I believe this just might the best shredder you can buy for $126.
I looked at the Fellowes brands and decided that for the money and the reviews that the Comet was the way to go.
It is stylish in black with silver trim, simple to operate. Expect it to last for many years.
It even comes with a 4 oz. bottle of shredder oil! I bought it for the home, but this would really be great for an office too.
on October 29, 2012
The Good: Timely and well packaging. I used it about a week after I got it. Indeed it's very quiet.

The disappointment: Would have rated it a 5 but didn't because though it's supposed to take 12 sheets, now and then it won't accept 8 sheets of credit card receipts which are even thinner than regular paper and stopped "overheat lit" only after 10 minutes of use. Will report later when I use again.
on January 15, 2013
This shredder is helping me fulfill a New Year's resolution (declutter the house) while providing needed secure shredding for my personal papers and business documents. Pros: I've already shredded a thick package of paper with staples, room keys and an insurance card, and a 3 1/2" floppy disk. All shredded perfectly and I have nothing but tiny bits of paper/plastic in the bin. It appears to be fully adequate to handle a home business situation. Casters have locks, which keeps it in place. The front bin is easy to remove and allows me to dispose of the waste. I put a garbage bag on the top, flip it over, and all of the contents slide into the bag for the garbage. Cons: It is heavy! It is tall but, sitting in my garage, that does not bother me. I'd rather the waste storage space. Just measure before you buy. The only other con is very odd: I removed the waste bin 5+ minutes after finishing the last shredding. Sporadically, confetti would fall like snow. So now I have confetti all over my floor. That was unpleasant and I'm not sure what to do about it.
on December 20, 2015
I did a lot of research before purchasing this micro-cut shredder and I am very pleased that I did. Most shredders on the market in this price range don't cut small enough to prevent someone will ill intent to re-create the shredded statements. It's not an NSA shredder but it does a great job on personal documents that you don't want recovered. It was delivered very quickly and even though the box was damaged in shipping it was packed so well it was not damaged at all and works great! It is very heavy duty and has an enormous removable shredder bin. It has overheated on me once where I had to wait about 20 minutes before continuing a large shredding project. I have used it for about 6 months and it does an excellent job and I highly recommend this to anyone looking for a micro-cut shredder.
on April 13, 2015
Brand new, out of the box, this shredder works very well. It cuts the rated 12 sheets quietly with no sound of straining. The shredded paper goes into a drawer that opens to the front and is easy to empty. The unit is heavy (40 lbs according to the specs) but it moves easily on wheels. We will see how it holds up but for now it is a great product.
on August 24, 2015
This is a great product and worth the price. But I must warn you, have someone else around when it comes to your house cause this is ONE HEAVY PIECE OF OFFICE FURNITURE TO GET OUT OF THE BOX! Thank heaven it has wheels. But once you get this big-boy in place it will eat up everything (well read the instructions of course). A secure way to get rid of papers containing important or sensitive information. Dependable, quiet, and easy to to dump the basket when full. If you are looking for a good, large capacity shredder..this baby is the one you'll want to buy!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.