Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: DC Comics Deluxe Wonder Woman Adult Costume
Amazon Vehicles Fall Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Shop Now STEM

on September 21, 2011
Ordered this costume and received it 3 days later for a family/friends Halloween party. All pieces were there. Costume is actually well constructed and made of durable materials. The bustier is made of velvet and is attached to the skirt (which is a shiny material). The dress zips in the back, zipper was easy to use. The belt is removable and attaches in the back with velcro. The arm shields are a soft but thick material which was a bit big on my arms. The headband attaches with velcro, is a soft material, looks cute and actually stays on really well. The boot stockings were a bit loose, I am not sure I will use them. They appear to be a shiny material in the picture but mine are the same velvet as the bustier dress. The cape is very light so it doesn't choke but looks really cute. I am 5'3, 125 lbs, usually a size 6/small and the size small fit with a little extra room (It would fit perfect if it was taken in just a touch, but if it stays this way then I have plenty of room to eat/breath/be very comfortable). If you are a size 6-8 and 5'6-5'8 I would think a small would fit perfect. If you are always a size 4 or less, go for the extra small. It is definitely made for someone taller or with longer legs, if you have a larger bust (large C or D) it would fill out the top nicely although it stays up with no problem on those not as blessed : I like this costume for someone my size because with the skirt a little longer, I still feel like I can be a bit conservative/modest. Overall, it is a good quality product with all accessories for the price. Usually these items look great in pictures or on the models and are paper thin when you receive them; I was pleasantly surprised that this was NOT the case with this costume.
11 comment| 175 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 28, 2014
5'2" 105lbs B cup : I got the extra small and it surprisingly fits quite well. The corset/bustier isn't too cheapy and the back has three closure options like a real bra. The only thing is the boning is kinda awkward and it could be shaped a little better I think to be flattering - it's really long even for someone like me who's torso is longer than their legs. The top part of the bustier/ corset has padding woa and is a little lumpy and I kept having to pull it down because of the boning/longness of the corset was pushing the bottom wire part of the cups over my "cups". All that being said lol it's a nice costume, and I looked hot. The skirt is quite short so I wore tan tights underneath.
review image
55 comments| 94 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 8, 2007
This is a good costume, but beware of the sizing. It runs INCREDIBLY large. I wear a size 7 and I had to get this costume in extra small. If you are smaller than a size 5, this costume might be too big for you.
on October 27, 2011
I got this for $40 on Amazon, as opposed to Ricky's (or similar) that charge up to $80. I'm 5'8", 150lbs, dress size 8-10, 36DD. The medium fit me pretty well...I think the small would be too tight around my chest. I may need to pin it slightly at the back (covered by cape) just to insure no slippage. The whole outfit is VERY shiny but looks the part. The belt, cape, wrist bands and headband are flimsy but fun...you are really paying for the dress. I bought separate boots like the ones the model is wearing (you can get them on Amazon for $30) The boot tops that come with the costume are more like cheap legwarmers. I also got an official WW wig on Amazon for $25. Recommend good skin colored tights (try American Apparel) Gold/Yellow rope for lasso (hardware store) Red nail polish and red earrings..good to go!!!
11 comment| 70 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 26, 2012
I'd probably give this a 2.5 if I could. The dress part is very cute and based on other people's reviews that it ran big I bought it in a size large instead of the plus-size version. I wear b/t a 14-16 and am very busty and this fit me well, although it's a bit loose even on me. There is no way this would fit someone who is a size 10! The accessories are awful - they are not the same ones in the picture at ALL. The pictures shows a leather look belt, headband, and bracelets and a cape with a leather-look neck attachment. In the actual product these are all made of a stretchy padded nylon that is of lousy quality and oddly seamed. I haven't even bothered to take the boot covers out of the bag they look so pathetic - the model is clearly wearing a pair of custom boots that have nothing to do with what you actually get. Finally, the neckband on the cape is very, very small. I have a feeling that no matter which size you order you get the same accessories, and I'm betting those accessories are the ones that actually fit a small costume. On one level, I'm pissed that the company is getting away with using such a misleading picture and such terrible accessories - on the other level, the costume itself is well-done, very sexy and I can find ways to make the accessories work. But I shouldn't have to - it should be as pictured.
on October 6, 2015
Positives:
- All of the posts about ordering a smaller size were accurate! I'm 5'4, 145lbs (bigger in the lower half of my body) and the costume does fit well.
- Costume was delivered much faster than the estimated delivery date
Negatives:
- There's a hole in the top
- 'Boot covers' are actually just red knee high socks.
- Material is stretchy spandex and not velvety with bones like what's been described in other people's posts. You can see every bump...
- Quite short (although sort of to be expected for halloween costume)
review image review image review image
on November 1, 2015
I thought I was going to hate it, until I put everything together! The dress is beautiful!! The top part is like a foam/velvet fabric, and the bottom is a shiny stretchy almost plastic fabric.. But it's pretty! Promise! Although the "boot covers" we're just a disappointment! Too lose and didn't even cover my entire foot! I'm a size 9.. And I have thick legs, and they were still too lose! But an adjustment can fix everything! I just bought long socks and put white duck tape over them! But everything else was amazing!!! Turned out fine! Although I do recommend you buy a size smaller! I'm 5'7 and I had to put a petticoat underneath to puff it up because it was too long for my taste.. The skirt reached to about mid-thigh.. And it was lose from my chest as well. I'm smaller on top, and bigger in the bottom half, so a XS would probably been better for me for a tight fit.. So get a size smaller!! Loved this costume! Got many compliments! I also got the wig to make it all come alive! Beautiful costume!
review image review image
on September 7, 2013
I ordered the Medium based on other reviews that this ran large. I am 5'7", 155 lbs, 38DD and medium fits well through the bodice, not tight at all. So the medium should more accurately be sized as a "10-14", not 6-10! The skirt is very billowy and fuller than I'd like; however compared to other wonder woman costumes out there, this one covers more. Also, the skirt is a bit longer in the back than the front and the hem a bit uneven. It comes with everything needed though to complete the costume, so there's really nothing extra to purchase.
on May 25, 2015
Super fun. Got lots of compliments. Very bright! Definitely runs large. I'd normally get an XL in off-the-rack costumes, but after reading the reviews, I got a large, and even that was a bit roomy. But I worked with it because a medium would probably have been too small. Wore a boned corset underneath. Necessary, as the bodice has no real structure--just an elasticized pull up. But I was going to wear the corset anyway, so that worked fine for me. Cape is a bit tight around the neck, as some have said, but wore it all night and it was okay. Boot covers were loose and didn't stay up very well, but made it work with some wardrobe tape. Only thing that didn't work at all were the armbands...they are HUGE! Ha ha so ridiculously large. So I just did without them. But overall it was a big success. Bright and fun and lots of impact! The hit of the evening.
I am 5' 3" and weight about 130lbs. I have a lot of muscle, especially in my legs. I got the size small and it fits pretty good! It is a tad bit too big, but nothing I can't work with. Pretty much all of the costume is made with that foamy material that'll break if you get to crazy with it. Honestly, I'm surprised by all of it. I was afraid because everyone kept saying the boots were so fake, they were tissue paper, or whatever. But they remind me of the cheap Santa hat material and seem quite durable. My only issue is I have muscular legs so they were a little tight to pull up and pretty much stop dead just above my knees and constantly feel like they'll fall off even though they haven't. I think I'll sew some elastic around the top to keep them in place.

For my Halloween needs -- to be Wonder Woman with my boys Incredible Hulk & Spider Man -- this outfit is the bomb!

UPDATE: Functionality... okay, so I just wore this outfit without making the minor adjustments and things kept falling down all over the place. Had to keep adjusting everything, and no way could I walk far without my fake boots falling down to my calfs. I got the Wonder Woman Wig and it works great with this outfit, but even that and the headband needed to be adjusted. Definitely work on the outfit before you go out, or expect to spend a lot of time pulling things up and making adjustments. Still a great outfit, got a LOT of compliments... and while standing on the street corner in the city in this outfit some guy was making advances from his car. Yeah! Mom with her two boys, that's exactly what I needed - NOT! Move on creep.