Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
The Coming Economic Ice Age, Five Steps to Survive and Prosper Hardcover – August 26, 2013
See the Best Books of the Month
Want to know our Editors' picks for the best books of the month? Browse Best Books of the Month, featuring our favorite new books in more than a dozen categories.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
About the Author
Top Customer Reviews
As for the rest of the book itself, I felt that although Mr. McHugh does an excellent job presenting his case, he does so with such certainty that I felt compelled to question his premise to see if it truly holds up. For example, he states that he believes what he is presenting has a 96% chance of coming to pass, and only a 4% chance of not occurring.Read more ›
My frustration with the book is that one particular indicator for the DJIA, on page 41, which supposedly will tell us when the market will take a turn for the worse, was last updated on June 30th, 2013 (as pointed out on page 41). So, by the time of my purchase, it was over 1.5 years old information. I decided to reach out to the author and inquire about obtaining an updated graph, for which I was immediately directed to the paid service.
I did persist on my request for an updated graph, as I didn't purchase the book to have to sign up for a paid service, and was met with all kinds of insults, intimidation, and the threat of a lawsuit (and have the e-mails from the author to prove it). The author even had the audacity to threaten me if I wrote something negative about the book on Amazon.com. Can you believe that?
The book has outdated information; just know that you are buying advertising to sign up for a paid service. The named indicator is trade mark protected, however, the book tells you how to calculate it, so you can do it yourself, and it doesn't require a PhD in anything to do it, just an Excel spreadsheet and publicly available information on the DJIA.
I didn't finish the book because toward the end it is mostly advertising to the paid service. Many books advertise a paid service, which is nothing new. If you have to push it that much, it makes me wonder how good it really is.
Your call if you want to buy it, just beware.
My basic thoughts are that the Megaphone Formation, that is the basic premise of the book is an important warning that the stock market is due for a major correction, along with the world economy We don't know yet whether the ice age predicted will actually occur. This is not a novel idea of Dr. McHugh's, but he is the only one calling it to our attention.
What does Dr. McHugh advise? Get out of the market, get out of debt, buy Treasuries, foreign currencies, gold or silver. Standard recommendations of many other authors.
What do I feel are the downside of the book?
McHugh is very commercial, pushing the purchase of his newsletter and advisory far more than most authors would.
Also,Dr. McHugh includes a great deal of his religious beliefs in the book. Totally inappropriate for a book on investing/economy. Very poor taste. Just like separation of church and state is a standard of our country, so should there be a separation of religion and investment authors,
Most Recent Customer Reviews
The details used to prove a severe economic collapse is imminent woke me up. The guidance as to what to do about it has changed my whole prospective on the future. Read morePublished 8 months ago by David Kirksey
I was expecting a more detailed book on the financial short comings of countries. Effects of money devaluation and negative interest rates.Published 9 months ago by Amazon Customer
Very narrative. Clear concept of the mechanism that works today.
Maybee a to linear thinking in the conclusions. The future has to be develop by try and error. Read more
This book was just OK. He was doing a lot of shilling for his technical analysis service. This is a pretty shallow book.Published 10 months ago by Frank Yarussi
Compelling! A Must Read. Informative and explains complex financial and investing concepts in simple terms. Read this and make your plan while you still can.Published 12 months ago by Leen
This is a great scary book on the coming economic Ice Age. The book identifies the problem and tells you what to do.
. five stars
Couldn't put the book down. Thank you for the valuable information. Very well written also. Thx.Published 19 months ago by Read Economics All the Time