Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 143 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 353 reviews
on July 6, 2012
I've had the game for weeks now, and I still can't play.

I've never been able to play the game because of EA's online authentication problems. I keep getting the "Unexpectedly disconnected from online services..." error. I've tried everything in the book to "fix" the problem from my end. **I'll enforce my point by saying I'm a Computer Engineering Student (not saying I'm a great one, but I do know a thing or two)** I've done things with the software firewall, reconfigured my IP, called my ISP to check for intermittent disconnections (which there were none), and even found the support for C&C 4 (which is a feat in and of itself).

I've played every game in the C&C series (including the current browser game C&C:TA). It was the first game I ever bought, and I'm really sad to see the lack of execution on EA's part.

I understand that EA doesn't want to get screwed by people pirating the game, but when people actually buy the game and can't play it. It just makes us want to go to the pirating site and get something that'll work. I actually found a working pirate copy that I stopped the Download for to come here and buy the full version because I love C&C games so much, and this is the thanks I get...

Overall Impression: Very disappointed!
on October 23, 2013
Sucks hard. Total waste of money. Uninstalled after 1-2 mins. This is coming of someone who really enjoys RTS games such as StarCraft I and II, Red Alert 3, C&C Generals, and even Halo Wars. I had trouble installing it. Had to run it as an administrator to get it to play. Had to login in with an Origin account (which is an old and dated service nobody uses any more). Then after all that I find HORRIBLE graphics once I start the first mission. The skirmish map was like some sort of cage match - WTF!
on March 18, 2010
I normally play new games for days on end when I first get them. I played this one for a few hours on launch day, and haven't touched it since. I was so disappointed with the gameplay, the obvious nod to multiplayer domination games (even in skirmish mode), the leveling up needed to get the best units, that there are no bases (only mobile command units), no resource gathering (just command points that limit you to a pitifully low number of units at one time). Not to mention, a constant Internet connection is needed. Plus, I must log in with an EA account every time just to play the game at all (whether campaign or skirmish). I play C & C for the campaign and the skirmish modes, I rarely play the multiplayer modes. Skirmish mode has been ruined for me. Unless the next C&C game restores all the gameplay that's missing from this one, I won't be buying anymore C&C games. I suggest skipping C&C 4 and waiting for Starcraft 2.
on March 25, 2010
Honestly this game can hardly be considered a Command and Conquer game, you don't even build a base in this one, instead you are left with a unit producing structure that can only produce a certain type of units.

One "con-yard" can only produce infantry and base defense

One "con-yard" can only produce tanks

One "con-yard" can only produce aircraft

The only way you might be able to identify this game as CnC is the cutscenes and even those aren't as good as the last installments. EA really drove CnC into the ground with less units starting with CnC 3 which was also a disgrace to the genre. Red Alert 3 is a step better than the Tiberian 3 and 4 series but not by much. Guess without westwood it will never have the massive choice in units or strategies anymore or anything close to a recognizable CnC unit, they have almost done away with every unit that westwood had in the old school games. The day this franchise died was the day EA took over and starting producing crap like Red Alert 3, CnC 3, and CnC 4.

If I could rate this a 0 I would.

************EDIT: I recently sent a letter(hand written) to the CEO of EA about the game, in which I stated how I didn't like the gameplay or the direction that they are taking the CnC series. To which they replied by sending me 2 sealed copies of the game and a letter which said I could return a sealed copy of the game to the retailer for a refund or store credit as long as I show the letter too. Just thought anyone who wanted a refund for this travesty would like to know how to get one and maybe make some money off it!*******************
on March 16, 2010
Well, I will start with the most relevant statement I can think of about this game, " If it aint Broke, Don't fix it!"

I was soooooo looking forward to the conclusion of this great game, So I hurried home to install it and jump back into the Tiberium Wars...BUT...... WHAT WERE THEY THINKING!!!!! EA messed up one of my favorite game formats and replaced it with some kind of monstrosity!!They put caps on units, no Tiberium harvesting and a confusing game console layout!Half the time I was trying to figure out what the Hell was going on and screaming at my computer screen!

If you were looking for a Great game....... KEEP LOOKING!!!! This was one of the biggest disappointments I have attempted to play in a long long time! EA should be ASHAMED of themselves!!
33 comments| 220 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 19, 2012
I don't know where to start. First, there's no support. You login to EA, search for the game and the site says no game matches... Also, there are only 3 missions in the entire game. Short, bad missions. Most importantly, I purchased the game to play when I didn't have an Internet connection. Wrong answer. Lastly, the only way you can play as NOD is in skirmish mode. The last C&C I owned and played was Generals where there was all sorts of control over game play and no Internet connection was needed to play solo.
on March 5, 2011
Its not what you are thinking if you played C&C 3. Lame. I played three and a half maps and probably will never play it again.
on February 23, 2012
I thought it would be great to leave the game console and get back to the PC, old-school style. Yikes. Create a login to EA-whatever...create a login to Origin-whatever...etc., etc. When I finally got to gameplay, I had no mouse pointer. Then found absolutely no online support to get a driver, anything. Such arrogance! That it would automatically work across all issues such that they have no need for such trivialities as product support! Silly gamers! OF COURSE IT WILL WORK, YOU JUST SCREWED UP THE INSTALL. I grew tired of that crap in the 90's.
on September 23, 2012
If you've been playing command and conquer from the beginning of the franchise, don't waste your time or money on this game. If you're looking for the classic base builder, just replay the older games. For the franchise finale, EA has gone out of their way to completely revamp, tweak and basically ruin a great thing. Good job. If all you like is online multiplayer, then this is the game for you. If not, don't bother. So disappointed.
on December 11, 2013
EA what have you done now. Not only do you have to sign up with their steam version but again is not very much like its pre-assessors and expansions and its alternative predecessor Red Alert series even the oddly silly red alert three series. After playing a few missions in such small areas and on complex maps right now all I'm truly interested in is seeing the cut scenes of the actors and how the story ends up playing out the game has very little interest for me

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question