Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,029 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,088 reviews
on December 8, 2013
Like most people who have bought this package, I have played the series since it was young. Being used to the older games I was excited to try their latest and greatest. They are much different then I was expecting which is both good and bad. The older games were focused on resources and combat where as the recent games tried to add more characters and change the players strategy towards innovation. The new games have much better graphics but the gameplay from the older seemed much more fun.

Like others, I also have had troubles trying to play the game as I would go to launch it and it would crash instantly. However, I could get past it by setting the compatibility on the runnable exe to XP service pack 2 and it would run without issue.

I got this package when it was on sale for 8 dollars. At that price I think it was well worth it even though I only wish to play Red Alert 2 and Generals which in my opinion are the two best games of the series.

Yes, it uses origin but from my experience isn't such a bad thing. I have found their customer service to be very good as my girlfriend had accidently added a game to the wrong account and they moved it over to another for us without question. If you want to get any big title EA game (Battlefield, Sims etc.) you are going to have to get it anyways.
on February 27, 2015
What a rippoff! It doesn't work on Windows 8 at all.

When I attempt to play Red Alert 2, it shows me a launcher asking me which version(original or Yuri's revenge) I want to play then no matter what it shows me a scrolling credits screen followed the program closing itself and going back to the launcher.

I seriously hate EA. Such a horrid company.

I'd give this less than 1 star if it let me.
on June 12, 2017
Game bundle is quite the deal for so many titles. I mainly got it for Red alert and generals. That said, red alert was buggy and froze a few times in windows 10 but I didn't expect much at first and it ended up exceeding expectations. Generals worked out fine when I ran it in backwards compatibility mode. I would give this 5 stars if it wasn't for the fact that EA makes you use their clunky and invasive Origin software. I would have paid double if it meant that i didn't have to log into a useless third party software to play the games I want!
on January 23, 2017
Highly recommended!
No Problems Here!
I use Windows 7
You need to install the orgin - No big deal!
Actually you need to install the orgin and each individual game you play. Your ram is important as well. I have 16mb on my compiter. I have both softwares.
The orginal CD's and Internet download version's
Yes the Internet version is about 95% of what the orginal is, but it is better the.nothing. The screen size is just a little bit smaller too. My rating is a 4 out a 5. I think it is worth it and I still have fun from my all-time favorite PC computer game!
on February 23, 2017
Best classic RTS. I much prefer this franchise over the various Age of Empires', Warcraft's, Starcraft's (this one's close).
The newer games don't disappoint either; they do change the original formula, and in some cases one may argue that it's for the worst, but if you're not a purist you'll like having a collection of increasingly (chronologically) varied games, instead of a series of identical games with only graphical improvements over one another.
Recommended to all RTS fans. I got it on discount for just 5 bucks, but it's worth the full price, whatever that is now.
on June 4, 2016
Requires installation through Origin, and won't work with windows 10. Ironically, it would be quite easy to make work if it wasn't for the Origin software that controls it.

A let down. I've been playing this on several computers for years, and Origin can't figure out how to get this game to work in windows 10. To play, I'll have to purchase again in disc form.

I give up. Spent half my saturday trying various fixes across the interwebs. Origin is the problem. I wish C&C would just release a new series or something. Been a fan and player since day one of red alert. Which, can be found online for free.....and works fine with windows 10.
on July 28, 2015
Half the games are not compatible with Windows 7, Windows 8, or any of the "modern" OS. EA claims these games are compatible with recent OS - which is totally untrue. Many of these games are completely unplayable despite multiple tries to run it in compatibility mode. Red Alert 1 is barely playable, and regularly freezes up and crashes. Red Alert 2, the expansions, etc are completely unplayable, as the game freezes during the menu screen. The earlier C&C games are also unplayable. EA did a terribly job of making sure these games were actually compatible with modern computers.
on January 3, 2014
C&C is a classic game. Bundle together increase a lot of value for you money. however, the value is not much unless you really want to play very old, out date game. (Thinking about very low resolution of graphic and a decade earlier of user interface. It might fun and pretty awesome 10 years ago but it does not guarantee you maybe feel it decent now.)

There are some recently C&C franchise (for example Red Alert 3 or C&C 4) which maybe sound attractive for you if you had never been play it before. However, it's not fun at all. Especially, C&C4 it's not an C&C anymore. It a different game that "rob" the name "C&C". Graphic maybe look nice but gameplay is totally terrible. no base building, lack of economic strategy because no harvesting. It just control a unit to attack which waste of the game. The game is so dull because only main strategy is rock-paper-scissor of unit type. Sound like strategy game, are you serious?

I certainly sure that EA cannot sale any C&C title separately in the end. That's why EA bundle everything together and to earn last dollar from this title. I really disappoint how EA treat C&C franchise like this.

If you are C&C fan and want to collect entire C&C games then this title is suitable for you. However, if you want to play a fun game, worth of your time, worth of your hard earn money please looking for other title, not Command and Conquer The Ultimate Collection.

Other: The thumbnail said it comes with soundtrack but I cannot find soundtrack. If soundtrack is a primary reason for you to buy this game then you should not purchase this title since it's not included.
on September 16, 2017
half of the games dont work on newer pc's tiberian sun and a few others crash during loading and the company that handles the games has no fix for the issues. buy hard copies of the originals... these digital copies are trash
on January 2, 2015
So much fun to play some of the classics. They are just as fun today as when I first played them. We bought 3 licenses to play between myself and two sons. This is through Origin, so you will have to have a separate license for everyone if you want to play at the same time. If you want to play on multiple computers at different times, you can login to the account with this game from the computer you want to play on.
TIP: For playing LAN version with friends who may or may not be on the same network.
I used to use Hamachi but got tired of the cost and constant crashes. I found a new free version called NeoRouter. This works perfect for playing this game with friends in the same house and friends on the other side of the country. Everyone is on the same network for playing LAN version. We use Skype with headsets to talk as a group. Sort of like playing old gameboards around the kitchen table that way. Enjoy.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.