Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping
Just ship to us for free.
We are unable to process your trade-in order.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
About the product
- • A huge hex-based campaign map that stretches from the USA in the west, Africa and Arabia to the south, Scandinavia to the north and the Urals to the east.
- • 5 Grand Campaigns, each starting in a different year of the war, at the start of a historical offensive: 1914 The Great War, 1915 Ypres Artois, 1916 The Battle of Verdun, 1917 The Nivelle Offensive and 1918 The Kaiserschlacht.
- • 18 different unit types including Infantry, Cavalry, Armoured Cars and Tanks, Artillery, Railroad Guns and Armoured Trains, Cruisers, Submarines and Battleships, Fighters, Bombers and Airships. Each has its own strengths and weaknesses, based on their historical performance in the various theatres throughout the war.
- • Attach historical Commanders to your units. Each has their own specific strengths, so decide wisely which Commander is most suited to which front.
- • Invest in research and technology to improve your units. Aircraft evolve from fragile tools of aerial observation to deadly ground and air attack planes. Artillery barrages become ever more accurate and powerful. Or focus on Armour technology and unleash a dreadful new weapon on the battlefield: the Tank.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Take Command and Secure Victory in the War to End All Wars! Now available in French and German Jetzt auch auf Deutsch Maintenant disponible en Français At the heart of the conflict, when men fought for every inch of land, only visionary leaders could make the choices that would lead their troops to victory. The remarkable sequence of events that inexorably led to the 'Great War' is written in our history books and pictured in our movies. Now a new turn-based strategy game captures this time of war with unprecedented realism, playability and accuracy. Developed by The Lordz Games Studio, Commander - The Great War is the latest release in the popular Commander series to bring the thrill, excitement and challenging decision-making of these difficult times to life. Gamers can enjoy a huge hex based campaign map that stretches from the USA in the west, Africa and Arabia to the south, Scandinavia to the north and the Urals to the east on a new engine that is more efficient and fully supports widescreen resolutions. Commander – The Great War features a Grand Campaign covering the whole war from the invasion of Belgium on August 5, 1914 to the Armistice on the 11th of November 1918 in addition to 16 different unit types including Infantry, Cavalry, Armoured Cars and Tanks, Artillery, Railroad Guns and Armoured Trains and more! For generals looking to test their mettle against other players, Slitherine’s revolutionary play by e-mail system will also bring a whole new level of excitement in Multiplayer battles while simultaneously offering near limitless replayability!
Top customer reviews
What I didn't expect is that you can't make simultaneous/concentric attacks on surrounded units (in an era of radio communications).
What made me quit playing was when my units near the Swiss border started attacking each other every turn during the Allied/enemy phase, which was pretty annoying, and then my units on the Eastern Front started attacking each other, too. Unplayable at that point.
I am happier with Slitherine's "Panzer Corps - Afrika Korps," though.