BCA Month Salon Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on October 13, 2017
Watching it now - well, it's dated. There's no doubt about that. The acting is stilted, wooden. The costumes are way too "Hollywood", esp. the Egyptian ones. The special effects are pretty spectactular for the time, however, and it's interesting for that. I'm old enough to remember this as a new film and so have an affection for it - but it wouldn't play today.
on April 20, 2017
Not much to review here, I mean who hasn't seen this movie? What I will say is that considering the age of this movie (1956!) This Blu-Ray version is very well done from a picture and sound quality perspective.
on April 21, 2017
To me, this is the best movie they ever made for any story from the bible. Heston is the best person to play the part of Moses. I highly recommend this movie to everyone.
on September 13, 2017
This is my Favorite movie the massage is good who not following of The GOD ,Teerific and great script it is Awesome.Thanks I received be early my product Thanks.
on September 25, 2014
Aside from the standard 1 and 2 disc editions, for fans or movie collectors we have;
THE TEN COMMANDMENTS ULTIMATE COLLECTORS EDITION - 6 discs
THE TEN COMMANDMENTS SIX DISC LIMITED EDITION - 6 discs
THE TEN COMMANDMENTS GIFT SET - 6 discs
My research sites do not specify a difference. It's safe to say that all 3 editions have the same quality picture and sound, the difference is in the extra's. The Gift Set offers the 1923 version on Blu-Ray as well. I do not know if that means the 1923 version is exclusively on the Gift Set or its on the others as well.
Does anybody know what the difference is, or which edition would be considered the BEST EDITION?
on April 19, 2013
A Great epic story of biblical proportions and in my opinion that everybody's one God sometimes does bring it all. As I remember the story(and movie), the movie this time seems to be choppy and lacking in some important areas. I believe it was more 'fluent' than my deliverd production and making rememberable people of the time seem as if they did things only because-someone said so. Instead of the more needed 'growth' developing backround tid-bits that actually 'leads' to a discition(sp?),a life, a story, ect... . Maybe it's too risky to show the 'full' version now these days. Or, maybe due to a imputant(sp?)modern movie editor-scraps and good parts were left on the cutting floor(as they always confidently tell us happend) as if that's any or any real excuse. A trend these days is anything thats too 'revolutionary'/or 'guiding' as such gets the axe. Whew! Now I'm off my soap box as I tend to sometimes get.
I just don't want the true meaning of things to get lost for they are the 'glue' that holds the good times, celebratory times, and I believe our strength-even into a peacefull death(acceptance) possible.(so I lied and you got a second douse of opinion,we all ain't perfect you know! :).
Back to the story. In the movie one of the key things I rememberd the most was the part where Moses lays down his walking staff to where God makes into a snake.(in the 'movie' Moses has an assistant do that for him-go figuer??) But when the pharoes(sp?)magic men make two snakes and then Moses's(God's)snake 'eats' the other two they didn't show it!! What were the editors trying to do?? Softend it for the viewers?? It's in the "Bible" for crying out loud!! Sorry,sorry,...-well you can't write an opinion about a movie with any feeling without questionable confusion. All in all I enjoyed the movie and brought me closer to what I search for and if you buy it and explain the parts along with your Sunday school showing it to, it will be an 'education'. Four Stars-(because of the cutts)
on March 25, 2013
In the beginning, God created the Heavens and the Earth. Soon thereafter, He created man in His own image. Man quickly became a sinful, imperfect creature, but that hasn't stopped him from doing some pretty nifty things during his reign on Earth. He's made nature's curves straight; he's conquered not only the land but the waters and the air; and he's built marvelous, wonderful things that to this day amaze, even with centuries of historical achievements available for comparison's sake. Man's done all of this through that which God has given him, whether through his command over the lands and the animals and the birds in the sky and the fish in the waters or the skills of reason and ingenuity and the drive to achieve. From the dust from whence man came and the earth upon which he walks man has built both Heavenly monuments and instruments of sin, but man continues on, finding ways to use all God has given him for good and bad alike. Somehow, from the dust of the earth; the minerals found within it; through other, naturally-occurring elements; and the wisdom bestowed upon him by God; man has managed to create, among many miracles, the medium of film, a powerful tool for good and bad indeed but through which man may demonstrate his his own ability to create, whether to recreate history as accurately as he pleases or to build a brand new world of wonders that once only existed within man's own mind. One man, Cecil B. DeMille, chose to use the medium of film to retell the Biblical story of Moses. Moses was a simple man who lived thousands of years ago, chosen by God to lead an entire people to freedom and through whom God laid forth His Ten Commandments which, alongside the teachings of Christ, remain principles of the Christian faith. DeMille's film The Ten Commandments is a hallmark achievement of both man and cinema, a picture of visual wonders yes but more importantly a retelling of one of the greatest and most important stories ever told. It's a film that even today plays with not only heart and a love and appreciation for its source material, but it is also built on guiding principles of freedom, goodness, and faith that now and will forever be keys to a successful life.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 1, 2015
I saw the movie in the theatre when I was a little girl. I loved it then. Movies are not made like that now. Charleston Heston and Yul Brynner were always awesome. I bought it for my grandsons to watch. I watched it again before I gave it to them. I still love it. The special effects were really good for that time period. Pay attention to the introduction by Cecil B. deMille. He tells you where the research came from (besides the Bible) to make this epic movie. I remember when Walter Cronkite reported on the finding of the "dead sea scrolls". (deMille mentioned the dead sea scrolls).
on February 13, 2016
Great Movie!! This Blu-Ray Looks So Much Better Than The Old VHS We Had Years Ago. Well Worth The Few Extra Dollars! And A 4K-TV Works Very Well Too! Enjoy.
on May 10, 2017
I love this Biblical event. It is one of the greatest epics that I have seen. The actor were amazing.The story was such a great story. Everyone should watch this.