Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning Catastrophe Catastrophe Catastrophe  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Format: MP3 Music|Change
Price:$7.99

Showing 1-10 of 18 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 22 reviews
on June 20, 2012
Los Amigos Invicibles, una fantastica banda de Venezuela para el Mundo.

Con este su 6to disco de estudio, los panas Julio Arcas, Maurimix, Cheo, Armando Figueredo, El Catire y el Mamulo logran capturar en mi opinion de su escencia, el latin Jazz con temas de sensualidad y cachondes pero eso si, sin llegar a lo bulgar, solo se arriman a la linea, pero que linea.

Vale la pena verlos en Vivo, pues estos compas se la sacan, y dejan publico satisfecho, eso si, vayan dispuestos a bailar durante todo el show.

Rolas destacadas y mis favoritas del disco:

Mentiras: El primer sencillo. Solo diré, a quien no le ha pasado?
Viviré para ti: Con Natalia Lafourcade, muy buena.
Sueño Erótico: Quien no quisiera que se le cumplan sus sueños... Eróticos!!!
Loco por tu Amor: El amor nos vuelve locos, y mas con este ritmo que nos ayuda a bailar
Óyeme Nena: A veces quisiéramos que esa chica nos entienda, pues para eso hay que decirle claro las cosas.

Compren este sus demás discos y apoyen a esta banda. Esta de lujo. Se los digo yo que los sigo desde que escuche la canción de "en 4" en 1999.

PS: Por si los Amigos leen este comentario, ya mero el próximo disco?
Digo tómense su tiempo, no hay prisa, solo curiosidad.
on January 28, 2010
Over the last few years I've purchased and listened to a lot of Mexican electronica music. It's excellent and quite enjoyable. You might refer to this as Latin music, and also dance music. Evidently, the Amazon computer pegged me as someone who likes Latin dance music. Well, I do. In general, I don't particularly care for Latin music, but Latin dance music can be outstanding. In any case, I seem to be on their list and I receive recommendations for various Latin dance discs. One of the latest is a CD by Los Amigos Invisibles titled "Commercial." The act is out of Venezuela and consists of six musicians playing guitar, bass, keyboards, percussion and drums with a lead vocalist and background vocals.

The vocals are in Spanish on all of the tracks except one. As a non-Spanish speaker, I find this somewhat distracting but the music is excellent enough to overcome this minor distraction. One track is in English ("In Luv With U") and is quite well done. Four of the tracks are a minute or less long (#1,4,10, and 13) and are throwaways. The CD would be better without them. One track is only a minute long ("Merengue Killa") but is quite good and could be expanded. My favorite track is "Burrundanga," perhaps because not only is the music excellent, but it's all instrumental. All of the rest of the tracks are quite good, easy to listen to and excellent dance music.

The title of the album is "Commercial," perhaps an indication that they are trying to have a big seller. Well, these guys are good and could indeed be commercial. I'd suggest they might turn out an album with the lyrics almost totally in English and direct it to the American market.

Gary Peterson
44 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 18, 2012
Let me preface by saying I don't speak or understand a lick of Spanish. I know my colors, the few words Ricky Martin has used in his English songs, and I can probably count if I think hard enough. But I've been to several Central American countries and enjoy the Latin culture - and saw Los Amigos Invisibles at a Latin Festival. They performed in Spanish, with 1 English song. Surprisingly, the English song isn't the best song - kinda like a George Michael song from the 80's. But the rest of the songs, starting with "Mentiras" and through "Plastic Woman", there's a 70's disco - funky 80's - modern 2000's fusion that will bring a smile to your face. Catchy, upbeat tunes (I don't know what they're saying, but it sounds happy), and you'll be playing this CD way more than you ever anticipated.
on June 23, 2011
Los Amigos Invisibles are funk!!! If you want into the secrets of the Venezuelan Party time gozadera, look no further. Their style encapsulates, fathoms and transcends R&B and funk. This is a band so tightly honed they make every jawbreaking funk break sounds like an effortless display of perfection!!! Jangly and percussive guitar, fever-hot organ chops, tight basslines- ever-fluid but omni-deep, and lest we forget the drums. Tighter than a fist. There is so much butter and cream on this it just makes me weak in the knees. Do yourself a favor and learn what I've know Since 1995! Los Amigos Invisibles are rhythm incarnate! Just over 50 minutes of the kind of funk usually reserved for immortals and denizens of the lower planes of funky good times. Brother please. If you buy this you need to go get "Not So Commercial" and now you've got a party.
on January 15, 2013
I have been a fan of LAI for about 14 years. With each delivery, like most evolving artists, the band brings something different to the table. I was caught a bit surprised by the amount of romanticism in the lyrics. The music, like usual, sounds fresh, funky, happy and uplifting. Oh course, I am biased because I consider Los Amigos Invisibles music the best antidepressant anybody can find. I can attest to that, since I am a veteran of over two dozen concerts/parties over the years. I also have to add that getting this whole MP3 album for five dollars is one of the best deals I have ever done.
on March 14, 2012
Given that this is the most acclaimed and award-winning album by Los Amigos Invisibles I was expecting something mind blowing after really liking Venezuelan Zinga Son and The New Sound of the Venezuelan Gozadera, however I was kind of disappointed. Don't take me wrong, the album is very good, but if you are buying just one Amigos Invisibles album and you still don't own the 2 albums mentioned previously I would start there.
on March 6, 2017
Love it.
on July 19, 2016
Good album. Arrived promptly.
on November 3, 2015
fantastic, with the spicy lirycs as i want
on October 19, 2013
good cd, great music, product new like said, ship on time, good seller, great band, have a good time with this cd, im looking forward to buy more of this band