Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide $34.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TNF TNF TNF  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Customer reviews

on April 11, 2015
Expected it to be useful could get this on PARCC website
on July 23, 2015
Not what I expected. Highly disappointed.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 29, 2013
I was hoping for test samples, not a bunch of directions. I guess I'll have to wait for test samples to come closer to the PARCC tests.
on March 18, 2014
Wow, I can't believe this was written before the first test was administered and the author wasn't on the development committee. There are errors in the book, and all you need to do is go to the PARCC website to find other info for free. There is a simplistic perception of what it will take for students to have success on PARCC, and a lack of depth in the "quick fix" techniques cited. It would be better for everyone if we wait until the first test to see what kind of format the test really takes, not rely on erroneous information.
on November 4, 2013
I just received my Common Core: PARCC ELA/Literacy Assessments, Grades 9-12 book in the mail. In looking over each chapter, it feels nice to FINALLY have test prep for this test that is PRACTICAL. Filled with ready-to-use PARCC task after PARCC task, this workbook allows me, as a teacher, to utilize these questions and then model them on my own!

The author takes the reader step-by-step through every single type of prompt on the test, which is something I needed since I honestly had no clue what to expect!

Even the tone throughout the book is positive and encouraging, which is needed since with all these changes occurring in education, a fear of the test inevitably exists. I am confident that my students will find this to be fun, helpful, and my colleagues will use this book to enrich instruction.

Nicely done, and published with enough time to prepare!
on March 10, 2014
This book is going to be a big help in making lesson plans for my 9th grade English classes when we integrate Common Core state standards in my school district.
on April 15, 2015