- Hardcover: 816 pages
- Publisher: Wiley; 4th edition (May 15, 2000)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0471178691
- ISBN-13: 978-0471178699
- Product Dimensions: 8.4 x 1.4 x 10.1 inches
- Shipping Weight: 3.6 pounds
- Average Customer Review: 3.7 out of 5 stars See all reviews (26 customer reviews)
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#369,569 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #861 in Books > Engineering & Transportation > Engineering > Telecommunications & Sensors
- #971 in Books > Computers & Technology > Networking & Cloud Computing > Internet, Groupware, & Telecommunications
- #1248 in Books > Engineering & Transportation > Engineering > Industrial, Manufacturing & Operational Systems
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Communication Systems 4th Edition 4th Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
From the Back Cover
A new edition that takes students to the cutting edge and back!
Extensively revised and updated, this new fourth edition of COMMUNICATION SYSTEMS is the most complete undergraduate textbook on the theories and principles behind today's most advanced communications systems.
New features include:
- MATLAB computer experiments that demonstrate important aspects of communication theory
- Expanded coverage of emerging digital technologies, such as digital subscriber line (DSL), carrierless amplitude modulation/phase modulation (CAP), and discrete multi-tone (DMT)
- Dozens of examples that relate theory to real-world communication systems
Superbly organized, the text skillfully guides students through topics ranging from pulse modulation to passband digital transmission, and from random processes to error-control coding. Throughout, Haykin presents difficult concepts in language that students can easily understand.
About the Author
Simon Haykin, McMaster University
Discover books for all types of engineers, auto enthusiasts, and much more. Learn more
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top Customer Reviews
Topic and explanations: The topic is very complicated and so it is expected that the author will try to make it easier and appealing. But nothing of that happens.
Examples: the examples given are insufficient and those given most of the time complicate more what you thought you understood about the topic.
Problems. There is not even a small possibility to resolve any of the problems given at the end of each chapter with what you had read previously on them.
Sub topics. Most of them do not have an explanation about their specific application.
It seems this book was written for 1950’s student generation, not for millennials.
Obviously the authors are scholars and they know everything about communication systems. But they need to improve their ability to write books considerably.