Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One ft Vant GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Shop Now FFII_gno

Color: Green|Size: 250ml|Change

Showing 1-10 of 1,867 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,041 reviews
on July 15, 2016
Okay so yes within the past few weeks we purchased all of these to try with our two-month-old breastfed baby. Short version: every baby is different and Lansinoh won for ours.

But here's some additional comparison points on all of these to help others decide and maybe avoid buying so many :)

Background: our baby is now 2-months old, but we started trying bottles around 6 weeks. I stay home, so the goal for us is just occasional bottle feeding so I can have a little time away.

Munchkin Latch: this is the bottle system we used with our now 2-year-old and he adapted to it well from around 6-weeks old. It's easy to clean, interchangeable with sippy cup parts, and has an adapter for direct pumping. Problem is our new baby just cried whenever we tried putting this bottle in his mouth, so we started looking at other bottles...

Comotomo: super easy to clean with just your hands, looks awesome, feels nice and soft. Our baby was able to latch on to the large nipple surface, however, the nipple itself is very long and he seemed to be struggling with this. He drank from it the first time we tried, but wasn't HAPPY and was squirming and joking a bit. The nipple is also very slippery, unlike some of the others with a matte finish, and the super wide bottle makes it difficult to fit most bottle warmers (didn't fit our boon orb or Intel-a-temp). Lastly, no breast pump attachments.

MAM: this nipple looks completely different from comotomo so I thought it'd be worth a try. Our baby wouldn't even drink from this one unfortunately- he just cried and made a face like "what's this foreign object in my mouth" :( Also, I didn't like the complexity of the bottle - there's a bottom cap, a bottom rubbery insert valve, and then the nipple, nipple ring and cap. And the bottle just looks unattractive in my opinion compared to competitors - not that it would've mattered if he liked this one :)

Breastflow: our baby drank an entire 3oz the first time we used this, WITH a smile, and fell asleep after. I thought this would be the one! But the next two days he refused in and just chewed on the stiff inner nipple. The outer nipple on this one is very thin and fully collapsed when he drank from it. And milk gets stuck between the two nipple prices and you have to squeeze it just right to get it to go back down into the bottle where your baby can drink it or you can save it. (A feature that's a little complicated to show a baby sitter, etc) Honestly the double nipple seems to be a waste because it only slows the flow for your baby's FIRST suck - after that, milk goes into the outer nipple and comes out just as easily as any other bottle. The idea is to simulate the natural let-down of breast milk, but it only added a 1 second delay.

Adiri: so we never got to use this one because our baby loved Lansinoh. But I did provide a picture of the nipple and wanted to mention that the nipple had a wonderful soft, matte finish that seems would be easier for baby to latch too. It also looks the coolest of all the bottles. Downside it had a lot of parts to keep track of and clean.

Lansinoh **THE WINNER**: our baby instantly latched with this bottle and it just felt "right". He's drank from this easily with mom, when sleepy and fussy, with dad, etc - some of our key test times, and it past. The bottle design is wonderfully simple and the nipple has a very nice feel - it's very thick, but soft and partially matte finished. I love that I can direct pump with the very affordable Lansinoh manual pump (comes with a free bottle too), and the design is super simple and easy to clean. The air vent for this one is in the nipple, just like Comotomo, which is great because there's no worries about leaks from a bottom plug, etc. But my ONLY complaint is 1) the air valve can sometimes make a loud noise which I worry will startle the baby (so far he hasn't seems to notice it) and 2) it only comes in purple.
review image
22 comments| 247 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 7, 2016
I have prematurely-born 2 month old twin boys who have acid reflux, colic, and are poor feeders due to poor sucking reflexes. After weeks in the NICU on tube feeds, they were inconsistent with bottle feedings (and combined breastfeeding) and had distended abdomens, crying bouts, spitting and occasional vomiting.
We tried:
-Dr. Browns - the twins did not like the narrower nipple, but I think they did have less gas with Dr. Browns bottle. However, the cleaning drove me nuts with Q2-3 hrs feedings x 2 bottles each time (some days 24 feedings per day!). I was constantly taking them apart and cleaning them with a pipe cleaner then the dishwasher then putting them together. Plus more than 60 cc it may leak more (it even says on instructions).
-Avent - liked the blue and white cute bottles to differentiate for twin A and B and easy to heat in the Avent bottle warmer, however 14 of the 20 slow flow size 0 nipples cracked with dishwasher and Avent sterilizer uses and the milk would spray over the babies' faces and cause wailing. We inspected the nipples and were shocked (contacted Avent with photos). Also, the babies don't usually perfectly latch on every feed, usually a lot of wiping milk off their faces and leaking around their mouths. The other annoying thing was having the line up the vents on the nipple to the white mark on the ring every time before sterilizing them. We wanted to stay with Avent but it wasn't working well enough. Otherwise, the bottles are a good size, easy to wash, well priced and heat quickly.
-MAM (energetic prints!) bottles were definitely great with less gas and less burping, however a few times per week at night the bottle or the top of bottle would leak majorly (pouring formula or breastmilk onto the babies' clothes). Plus, I had to heat the formula or breast milk in a different container (usually Avent bottles with Nene caps) then pour it into MAM. We got tired of disassembling/assembling the parts (same complaint for Dr. Browns) and not being able to heat the bottles in the warmer without leaking water when we pulled them out of the warmer and the occasional milk/formula leaking that ruined the pajama and the bed. I didn't feel as confident at 2 am/4am feedings and would triple check the MAM bottles. The babies also didn't always latch on perfectly, they love the MAM pacifiers but didn't always want to drink from the MAM bottles.
-Comotomo - After a while I decided to try Comotomo. It had the advantage of Avent bottles that I could pre-measure and store sets of ready bottles with formula or breast milk in the fridge and I dropped them into the Avent warmer and heated them (yes, it fits! It leans over but it works! SEE PHOTO HOW THE COMOTOMO BOTTLE FITS INTO THE AVENT BOTTLE WARMER! It takes maybe 1-2 minutes longer). CT bottles had less gas than Avent bottles, plus, no leaks from the bottle and rarely any leaks from around the babies' mouths. They both seem to like the nipple a lot as they took to drinking from it immediately. Over and over they would drink happily every feeding and not leak around the milk and have less burping or hiccups afterwards. I still breastfeed daily 1-2x with each twin, but they switch from BF to the bottle and back without issues. I was pleasantly surprised. Because I needed 2 bottles per feeding for my baby boy twins, I ordered BPA-free stickers to label the bottles (instead of the blue vs white bottles we used to use). (I cut out the animal parts of the stickers and decorated half the green bottles for 1 twin to differentiate whose bottle it is as they drink different amounts). Why don't they make Comotomo bottles with another gender neutral color like white or yellow or orange (only pink is available aside from green)?? We also like that it isnt plastic touching the formula or milk (silicone - but glass would be great). Did I also mention that now at 3 months they both love to touch and grab and hold the CT bottles?

I am in no way associated with any of the bottle manufacturers, and would have preferred the least expensive and most convenient option, but 1) easy cleaning/washing 2) easy heating esp at night 3) less gas and colic 4) easier latch / feeding, less spit ups were priorities.
review image review image
0Comment| 129 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 9, 2017
Our little newborn loved this bottle. It has a single hole in the top to administer a small amount of milk. It mimic'd the shape of the breast so he took to it well. And the "bottle" part is a soft silicon and is easy to hold. We found this bottle to be a wonderful product for the first 3 months. They come in 5 oz and 8 oz sizes. After that, we "graduated" to using Avent glass bottles at 8 oz servings. ComoTomo was a great starter for us and we are grateful. Some reviews said they "leak." It was not my experience. Once in a while if I didn't screw the top on correctly I'd see a tiny leak. I'd just unscrew it and screw it on again.
on September 22, 2017
Okay, so far my baby has given some consideration to this bottle so I am giving it a 4 start . My baby has been exclusively BF and never taken bottle. I have tried on different occasions to give him bottle and he has rejected all of them. Tried different brands different nipples. This is the only bottle he let me put in his mouth for 2 mins and he drank 1 oz milk. I know it may sound like a joke that 1 oz milk. but I have never had success in giving him bottle so 1 ounce is a big deal for me. 2nd day he didn't take the bottle. I am going to see how he responds to this bottle in next few days and update my rating and comments.
on September 23, 2017
I just started introducing bottles to my month old baby who is exclusively breastfeeding. I first started with the lifefactory glass bottles which were fine but he had some trouble getting a really deep latch on those. I then tried these comptomo bottles and he latched instantly just like the breast (actually even better). Feeding him with this bottle also just feels more natural for me and there is something more enjoyable about it than feeding with a standard bottle. So far it has been easy to clean and I haven't had any leaks. I am going to buy more!
on January 16, 2017
This bottle was a life saver for me and my baby. We tried several different kinds of bottles and my baby refused them all. I did a lot of research to try and find a bottle that worked for exclusively breastfed babies, and I saw the Comotomo mentioned. As soon as my daughter was offered this bottle, she immediately started drinking. If you are a parent who has tried several different types of bottles and your baby refuses them all, do yourselfor a favor and try this bottle! I highly recommend these for breastfed babies. They are a little on the pricey side, so I bought a single pack to try at first. They are worth the money though, and I'm buying more right after I finish this review. Even if I formula fec, I'd want to use these bottles because they're so cool and baby seems to enjoy them.
on July 13, 2017
Love love love this bottle!!! My breastfeed 3 month old son wouldn't take any bottle I gave him. I tried tommy tipee ones, Dr.brown, Medela, and some others I can't remember. I almost gave up! I bought this on Amazon and hee didn't take out right away at first it took a little convincing, but he started drinking from this bottle. I have since tried the others again and he still won't take them a month later. They are expensive bottles, but it's worth it. I had to go back to work and I only had a week to get him to take a bottle. I tried this on day 5! Thank goodness cause I would have had to stay home. I also like the silicone The bottle is made out of. Never seen anything like this. My son likes to use his hands to press on it to make more milk come out. This really was a life saver for me.
on July 9, 2016
My daughter is almost six weeks old and has been exclusively breast fed since birth. However, the cluster feedings in the middle of the night were beginning to wear on me, so I decided to introduce a bottle so my husband could help. Unfortunately our daughter wasn't having any part of it. We tried several different bottles (Dr. Browns, Nuk, Avent, etc), and she refused them all. I couldn't stand to see her cry out of frustration and hunger. I started doing research on the best bottles for breast fed babies and came across comotomo bottles. Although a bit expensive, I decided to give them a shot. I was not disappointed and neither was my baby. This is the only bottle she would consider. I definitely recommend the slowest flow nipple for breast fed babies, and even that one was slightly fast for her until she got used to it. We have had zero issues with nipple confusion, and finally my husband can help with feedings. This bottle is definitely worth it if you have a finicky breast baby like we do!
on June 20, 2017
I went on a mission to find a bottle my son would take before I went back to work. I tried a lot of different brands, nipple types, washing with different soaps/baking soda/etc. to get rid of any "plastic" smell that would make my son reject the bottle. This was the only brand that he more or less wouldn't put up a huge fight with to take, but still didn't take it 100% at first. After many weeks insisting, he finally latched on and accept it! I love that the nipple of the bottle is large like the breast would be, and also soft. The silicon bottle makes it easy to squeeze the bottle to get a little bit of milk to come out to promote latching on. They're super easy to clean and care for, boiling them in hot water gets rid of any milk smell that tends to linger after using plastic bottles. Also the size, weight, and material makes it easy for baby to grip on to them to self-feed.
on January 25, 2017
Absolutely love this product! I breastfed exclusively for 4 months and decided to introduce the bottle to my baby in preparation of going back to work. Needless to say, he refused any and all bottles. We tried five different types and nothing! He would cry for hours and eventually fall asleep, but would not eat until I was available to feed him. The pediatrician recommended cup feeding. After some research, I came across the como tomo. To my pleasant surprise, it was available on amazon prime, so I decided to give it one last shot before cup feeding permanently (nothing wrong with cup feeding, but for our family it took way too much time and would make it very difficult for our caregiver). My son didn't take to it immediately, but I stuck with the plan of letting him bite it a bit and play around with it in his mouth when he wasn't too hungry so that he can familiarize himself with it. After letting him play with it a couple of times, he would suck on it for a few seconds here and there but grew frustrated. Since he was trying to suck, I figured that perhaps the flow of the slow flow nipple wasn't working. The milk literally shoots out of my breasts, so I just put two and two together. I ordered the meium flow and like magic he latched and finished and entire 4 oz without a hitch! The silicone is so much softer than any other bottle I've tried (this is my second baby. My first wasn't able to breastfeed so I bottle fed her. In all, I've bought about a dozen different bottles/nipples). The soft bottle also mimics the breast and the width of the nipple makes it much more comfortable for breastfed babies to latch. The air vents work well in letting the air out. My baby is now a happy breastmilk with occasional formula supplement fed baby! The only con about this bottle is that we can't shake the formula inside it without it leaking a little around the ring.