Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals HPC Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon victoriaS2 victoriaS2 victoriaS2  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite Game of Thrones: The Complete Seasons 1-7 now available on Blu-ray and DVD Shop now TG18_gno

Comotomo Natural Feel Baby Bottle, Green, 8 Ounces
Color: Green|Size: 250ml|Change

on July 15, 2016
Okay so yes within the past few weeks we purchased all of these to try with our two-month-old breastfed baby. Short version: every baby is different and Lansinoh won for ours.

But here's some additional comparison points on all of these to help others decide and maybe avoid buying so many :)

Background: our baby is now 2-months old, but we started trying bottles around 6 weeks. I stay home, so the goal for us is just occasional bottle feeding so I can have a little time away.

Munchkin Latch: this is the bottle system we used with our now 2-year-old and he adapted to it well from around 6-weeks old. It's easy to clean, interchangeable with sippy cup parts, and has an adapter for direct pumping. Problem is our new baby just cried whenever we tried putting this bottle in his mouth, so we started looking at other bottles...

Comotomo: super easy to clean with just your hands, looks awesome, feels nice and soft. Our baby was able to latch on to the large nipple surface, however, the nipple itself is very long and he seemed to be struggling with this. He drank from it the first time we tried, but wasn't HAPPY and was squirming and joking a bit. The nipple is also very slippery, unlike some of the others with a matte finish, and the super wide bottle makes it difficult to fit most bottle warmers (didn't fit our boon orb or Intel-a-temp). Lastly, no breast pump attachments.

MAM: this nipple looks completely different from comotomo so I thought it'd be worth a try. Our baby wouldn't even drink from this one unfortunately- he just cried and made a face like "what's this foreign object in my mouth" :( Also, I didn't like the complexity of the bottle - there's a bottom cap, a bottom rubbery insert valve, and then the nipple, nipple ring and cap. And the bottle just looks unattractive in my opinion compared to competitors - not that it would've mattered if he liked this one :)

Breastflow: our baby drank an entire 3oz the first time we used this, WITH a smile, and fell asleep after. I thought this would be the one! But the next two days he refused in and just chewed on the stiff inner nipple. The outer nipple on this one is very thin and fully collapsed when he drank from it. And milk gets stuck between the two nipple prices and you have to squeeze it just right to get it to go back down into the bottle where your baby can drink it or you can save it. (A feature that's a little complicated to show a baby sitter, etc) Honestly the double nipple seems to be a waste because it only slows the flow for your baby's FIRST suck - after that, milk goes into the outer nipple and comes out just as easily as any other bottle. The idea is to simulate the natural let-down of breast milk, but it only added a 1 second delay.

Adiri: so we never got to use this one because our baby loved Lansinoh. But I did provide a picture of the nipple and wanted to mention that the nipple had a wonderful soft, matte finish that seems would be easier for baby to latch too. It also looks the coolest of all the bottles. Downside it had a lot of parts to keep track of and clean.

Lansinoh **THE WINNER**: our baby instantly latched with this bottle and it just felt "right". He's drank from this easily with mom, when sleepy and fussy, with dad, etc - some of our key test times, and it past. The bottle design is wonderfully simple and the nipple has a very nice feel - it's very thick, but soft and partially matte finished. I love that I can direct pump with the very affordable Lansinoh manual pump (comes with a free bottle too), and the design is super simple and easy to clean. The air vent for this one is in the nipple, just like Comotomo, which is great because there's no worries about leaks from a bottom plug, etc. But my ONLY complaint is 1) the air valve can sometimes make a loud noise which I worry will startle the baby (so far he hasn't seems to notice it) and 2) it only comes in purple.
review image
44 comments| 380 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 7, 2016
I have prematurely-born 2 month old twin boys who have acid reflux, colic, and are poor feeders due to poor sucking reflexes. After weeks in the NICU on tube feeds, they were inconsistent with bottle feedings (and combined breastfeeding) and had distended abdomens, crying bouts, spitting and occasional vomiting.
We tried:
-Dr. Browns - the twins did not like the narrower nipple, but I think they did have less gas with Dr. Browns bottle. However, the cleaning drove me nuts with Q2-3 hrs feedings x 2 bottles each time (some days 24 feedings per day!). I was constantly taking them apart and cleaning them with a pipe cleaner then the dishwasher then putting them together. Plus more than 60 cc it may leak more (it even says on instructions).
-Avent - liked the blue and white cute bottles to differentiate for twin A and B and easy to heat in the Avent bottle warmer, however 14 of the 20 slow flow size 0 nipples cracked with dishwasher and Avent sterilizer uses and the milk would spray over the babies' faces and cause wailing. We inspected the nipples and were shocked (contacted Avent with photos). Also, the babies don't usually perfectly latch on every feed, usually a lot of wiping milk off their faces and leaking around their mouths. The other annoying thing was having the line up the vents on the nipple to the white mark on the ring every time before sterilizing them. We wanted to stay with Avent but it wasn't working well enough. Otherwise, the bottles are a good size, easy to wash, well priced and heat quickly.
-MAM (energetic prints!) bottles were definitely great with less gas and less burping, however a few times per week at night the bottle or the top of bottle would leak majorly (pouring formula or breastmilk onto the babies' clothes). Plus, I had to heat the formula or breast milk in a different container (usually Avent bottles with Nene caps) then pour it into MAM. We got tired of disassembling/assembling the parts (same complaint for Dr. Browns) and not being able to heat the bottles in the warmer without leaking water when we pulled them out of the warmer and the occasional milk/formula leaking that ruined the pajama and the bed. I didn't feel as confident at 2 am/4am feedings and would triple check the MAM bottles. The babies also didn't always latch on perfectly, they love the MAM pacifiers but didn't always want to drink from the MAM bottles.
-Comotomo - After a while I decided to try Comotomo. It had the advantage of Avent bottles that I could pre-measure and store sets of ready bottles with formula or breast milk in the fridge and I dropped them into the Avent warmer and heated them (yes, it fits! It leans over but it works! SEE PHOTO HOW THE COMOTOMO BOTTLE FITS INTO THE AVENT BOTTLE WARMER! It takes maybe 1-2 minutes longer). CT bottles had less gas than Avent bottles, plus, no leaks from the bottle and rarely any leaks from around the babies' mouths. They both seem to like the nipple a lot as they took to drinking from it immediately. Over and over they would drink happily every feeding and not leak around the milk and have less burping or hiccups afterwards. I still breastfeed daily 1-2x with each twin, but they switch from BF to the bottle and back without issues. I was pleasantly surprised. Because I needed 2 bottles per feeding for my baby boy twins, I ordered BPA-free stickers to label the bottles (instead of the blue vs white bottles we used to use). (I cut out the animal parts of the stickers and decorated half the green bottles for 1 twin to differentiate whose bottle it is as they drink different amounts). Why don't they make Comotomo bottles with another gender neutral color like white or yellow or orange (only pink is available aside from green)?? We also like that it isnt plastic touching the formula or milk (silicone - but glass would be great). Did I also mention that now at 3 months they both love to touch and grab and hold the CT bottles?

I am in no way associated with any of the bottle manufacturers, and would have preferred the least expensive and most convenient option, but 1) easy cleaning/washing 2) easy heating esp at night 3) less gas and colic 4) easier latch / feeding, less spit ups were priorities.
review imagereview image
11 comment| 198 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 10, 2017
I usually don't put much thought into product reviews, but this one deserves a round of applause 👏 Comotomo saved the day for us! Mom had to leave the house all day for it to work, but it worked!! The pic shows all the other bottles we tried...the booby baby struggle is VERY REAL! The silicone body that allows us to squeeze the milk into her mouth is what sold us to try the product to begin with. We used it to get the milk started and now she actually sucks on the bottle. It took 15 weeks of fighting her with other bottles. So, Comotomo we'll take 5 more please 🤗
review image
0Comment| 38 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 9, 2017
LOVE!!! Como tomo is genius for thinking of the silicone bottom! My son is 10 months old and has been exclusively breastfed and has refused the 20+bottles I've tried (including minbie)...nothing worked! He took to the como tomo instantly and is successfully a bottle drinker!! He even feeds himself! Hello freedom!
on July 25, 2017
Best baby bottle ever! I originally bought these for my son because he was breastfed and I didn't want him to get used to an artificial nipple with fast flow. This bottle has a nipple that is shaped like the breast and feels like a breast so my son had no problem using it. Note that if you get the 5 oz bottle it comes with a slow flow nipple and the 8 oz comes with a fast flow nipple. I didn't know this and was surprised when my son drink the 8 oz bottle in just a few minutes! They say breastfed babies should stick with a slow flow nipple so that was my only complaint . Other than that I love this bottle...doesnt leak and the BEST thing about this bottle is the anti colic system. It is better than any bottle I have ever tried. Usually you have to take the bottle out of babies mouth to let the air bubbles come out ..but you don't have to lift a finger with this bottle. NO air will ever get in, so you don't have to take the bottle out of babies mouth during the entire feeding. Great for colicky babies and babies with reflux. Ive tried many anti colic bottles and they all still get air bubbles..this is the only one that doesnt. Worth every penny.
on July 22, 2017
Our baby refused to drink from a bottle right as I had to go back to work after maternity leave. We struggled for awhile, it was so frustrating, I was so worried about returning to work and my baby starving and crying the whole time. We tried different bottles including kiinde bags and nipples, spectra bottles and etc... nothing helped. I did research online and settled on the comotomo bottles. I bought the small one first. We had a little trouble with it, baby was accepting it 50% of the time at first, but we kept at it and after 2-3 days it started working. Within a week or two our problems were forgotten and this has become our favorite bottle. I ended up getting a larger 8 oz bottle and we have been using these bottles constantly for 4 months now. These bottles were so natural for our baby, she started holding the smaller bottle at 4 months. I also got the handles for these which work great as well. I also got faster nipples as baby got older. The only issue I have with this bottle is the lids don't fit well, they are hard to snap in place, but other than that it's easy to clean and convenient to handle.
on April 25, 2016
The first two kids I used Playtex drop-ins and they worked great. But by my third kid I read that they changed the liners and they're now thinner and leak. So, I started shopping around. After giving various bottles a try- Dr. Browns again (too many parts, such a pain), Bare (had high hopes for this bottle but it totally didn't work for us), etc. I finally found this one on Amazon. Because I am also breastfeeding, I thought this bottled made logical sense as far as continuity. I am SO glad I ordered this bottle. The bottle is totally soft. Obviously the nipple is but so is the entire bottom of the bottle. The slow drip is truly slow, the baby has to work for it. It doesn't leak. Another incredibly important factor for me is it doesn't easily pass air bubbles to the baby. With other bottles he was getting air and uncomfortable after eating. That doesn't happen with this bottle. And it's simple to use and clean. You don;t even need a bottle brush if you don't want to use one. I just can't say enough about it.
Side note, people always comment on the bottle. They always think it''s so new and cool. I haven't seen it in the stores yet but I won't be surprised when I do. Many happy babies to come with this little invention!
Definitely recommend trying it. It's more pricey than some but I only have two and it is plenty for my 2 month old. Quality over quantity. Well worth it!
on August 9, 2017
Our little newborn loved this bottle. It has a single hole in the top to administer a small amount of milk. It mimic'd the shape of the breast so he took to it well. And the "bottle" part is a soft silicon and is easy to hold. We found this bottle to be a wonderful product for the first 3 months. They come in 5 oz and 8 oz sizes. After that, we "graduated" to using Avent glass bottles at 8 oz servings. ComoTomo was a great starter for us and we are grateful. Some reviews said they "leak." It was not my experience. Once in a while if I didn't screw the top on correctly I'd see a tiny leak. I'd just unscrew it and screw it on again.
on January 17, 2018
My breastfeed baby loves these! I was worried to introduce a bottle initially (I didn’t want Baby to prefer bottle over nursing), but I love that these are designed to be so similar to breastfeeding. There’s not as much concern for nipple confusion. The anticolic feature is also an awesome feature since so many babies suffer from reflux related issues (mine does and seems to have less gas when using them). They’re also extremely easy to clean as there are not a lot of different pieces to take apart. If your exclusively breastfeeding, I recommend you give these a try!
on January 17, 2018
The BEST bottle out there! I needed to find a bottle that my baby would take while I went back to work and not get nipple confusion. We've tried a few before this one but he would not take any of them.. not even from his dad while I was away. I saw the comotomo on an ad on facebook and all the comments on it were from nursing moms saying how it was the only bottle their babies would take. I had to get my hands on one! I love how soft the outside is and how easy it is to clean. The wide opening is convenient for pouring in breastmilk from a storage bag so you never spill a drop and you know nursing moms do cry over spilled milk. My baby didn't take it from me but he took it from his dad while I was at work. When I got home he would nurse the exact same so he had no nipple confusion. He also has a mild tongue tie so that makes this bottle even more amazing. Every nursing mom that's heading back to work needs this bottle!