Amazon Vehicles Beauty Return your textbook rentals STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB DG Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Gifts for Dad Shop Popular Services twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Color: Green|Size: 250ml|Change

Showing 1-10 of 1,714 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,874 reviews
on July 15, 2016
Okay so yes within the past few weeks we purchased all of these to try with our two-month-old breastfed baby. Short version: every baby is different and Lansinoh won for ours.

But here's some additional comparison points on all of these to help others decide and maybe avoid buying so many :)

Background: our baby is now 2-months old, but we started trying bottles around 6 weeks. I stay home, so the goal for us is just occasional bottle feeding so I can have a little time away.

Munchkin Latch: this is the bottle system we used with our now 2-year-old and he adapted to it well from around 6-weeks old. It's easy to clean, interchangeable with sippy cup parts, and has an adapter for direct pumping. Problem is our new baby just cried whenever we tried putting this bottle in his mouth, so we started looking at other bottles...

Comotomo: super easy to clean with just your hands, looks awesome, feels nice and soft. Our baby was able to latch on to the large nipple surface, however, the nipple itself is very long and he seemed to be struggling with this. He drank from it the first time we tried, but wasn't HAPPY and was squirming and joking a bit. The nipple is also very slippery, unlike some of the others with a matte finish, and the super wide bottle makes it difficult to fit most bottle warmers (didn't fit our boon orb or Intel-a-temp). Lastly, no breast pump attachments.

MAM: this nipple looks completely different from comotomo so I thought it'd be worth a try. Our baby wouldn't even drink from this one unfortunately- he just cried and made a face like "what's this foreign object in my mouth" :( Also, I didn't like the complexity of the bottle - there's a bottom cap, a bottom rubbery insert valve, and then the nipple, nipple ring and cap. And the bottle just looks unattractive in my opinion compared to competitors - not that it would've mattered if he liked this one :)

Breastflow: our baby drank an entire 3oz the first time we used this, WITH a smile, and fell asleep after. I thought this would be the one! But the next two days he refused in and just chewed on the stiff inner nipple. The outer nipple on this one is very thin and fully collapsed when he drank from it. And milk gets stuck between the two nipple prices and you have to squeeze it just right to get it to go back down into the bottle where your baby can drink it or you can save it. (A feature that's a little complicated to show a baby sitter, etc) Honestly the double nipple seems to be a waste because it only slows the flow for your baby's FIRST suck - after that, milk goes into the outer nipple and comes out just as easily as any other bottle. The idea is to simulate the natural let-down of breast milk, but it only added a 1 second delay.

Adiri: so we never got to use this one because our baby loved Lansinoh. But I did provide a picture of the nipple and wanted to mention that the nipple had a wonderful soft, matte finish that seems would be easier for baby to latch too. It also looks the coolest of all the bottles. Downside it had a lot of parts to keep track of and clean.

Lansinoh **THE WINNER**: our baby instantly latched with this bottle and it just felt "right". He's drank from this easily with mom, when sleepy and fussy, with dad, etc - some of our key test times, and it past. The bottle design is wonderfully simple and the nipple has a very nice feel - it's very thick, but soft and partially matte finished. I love that I can direct pump with the very affordable Lansinoh manual pump (comes with a free bottle too), and the design is super simple and easy to clean. The air vent for this one is in the nipple, just like Comotomo, which is great because there's no worries about leaks from a bottom plug, etc. But my ONLY complaint is 1) the air valve can sometimes make a loud noise which I worry will startle the baby (so far he hasn't seems to notice it) and 2) it only comes in purple.
review image
22 comments| 120 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 7, 2016
I have prematurely-born 2 month old twin boys who have acid reflux, colic, and are poor feeders due to poor sucking reflexes. After weeks in the NICU on tube feeds, they were inconsistent with bottle feedings (and combined breastfeeding) and had distended abdomens, crying bouts, spitting and occasional vomiting.
We tried:
-Dr. Browns - the twins did not like the narrower nipple, but I think they did have less gas with Dr. Browns bottle. However, the cleaning drove me nuts with Q2-3 hrs feedings x 2 bottles each time (some days 24 feedings per day!). I was constantly taking them apart and cleaning them with a pipe cleaner then the dishwasher then putting them together. Plus more than 60 cc it may leak more (it even says on instructions).
-Avent - liked the blue and white cute bottles to differentiate for twin A and B and easy to heat in the Avent bottle warmer, however 14 of the 20 slow flow size 0 nipples cracked with dishwasher and Avent sterilizer uses and the milk would spray over the babies' faces and cause wailing. We inspected the nipples and were shocked (contacted Avent with photos). Also, the babies don't usually perfectly latch on every feed, usually a lot of wiping milk off their faces and leaking around their mouths. The other annoying thing was having the line up the vents on the nipple to the white mark on the ring every time before sterilizing them. We wanted to stay with Avent but it wasn't working well enough. Otherwise, the bottles are a good size, easy to wash, well priced and heat quickly.
-MAM (energetic prints!) bottles were definitely great with less gas and less burping, however a few times per week at night the bottle or the top of bottle would leak majorly (pouring formula or breastmilk onto the babies' clothes). Plus, I had to heat the formula or breast milk in a different container (usually Avent bottles with Nene caps) then pour it into MAM. We got tired of disassembling/assembling the parts (same complaint for Dr. Browns) and not being able to heat the bottles in the warmer without leaking water when we pulled them out of the warmer and the occasional milk/formula leaking that ruined the pajama and the bed. I didn't feel as confident at 2 am/4am feedings and would triple check the MAM bottles. The babies also didn't always latch on perfectly, they love the MAM pacifiers but didn't always want to drink from the MAM bottles.
-Comotomo - After a while I decided to try Comotomo. It had the advantage of Avent bottles that I could pre-measure and store sets of ready bottles with formula or breast milk in the fridge and I dropped them into the Avent warmer and heated them (yes, it fits! It leans over but it works! SEE PHOTO HOW THE COMOTOMO BOTTLE FITS INTO THE AVENT BOTTLE WARMER! It takes maybe 1-2 minutes longer). CT bottles had less gas than Avent bottles, plus, no leaks from the bottle and rarely any leaks from around the babies' mouths. They both seem to like the nipple a lot as they took to drinking from it immediately. Over and over they would drink happily every feeding and not leak around the milk and have less burping or hiccups afterwards. I still breastfeed daily 1-2x with each twin, but they switch from BF to the bottle and back without issues. I was pleasantly surprised. Because I needed 2 bottles per feeding for my baby boy twins, I ordered BPA-free stickers to label the bottles (instead of the blue vs white bottles we used to use). (I cut out the animal parts of the stickers and decorated half the green bottles for 1 twin to differentiate whose bottle it is as they drink different amounts). Why don't they make Comotomo bottles with another gender neutral color like white or yellow or orange (only pink is available aside from green)?? We also like that it isnt plastic touching the formula or milk (silicone - but glass would be great). Did I also mention that now at 3 months they both love to touch and grab and hold the CT bottles?

I am in no way associated with any of the bottle manufacturers, and would have preferred the least expensive and most convenient option, but 1) easy cleaning/washing 2) easy heating esp at night 3) less gas and colic 4) easier latch / feeding, less spit ups were priorities.
review image review image
on February 4, 2017
This is my first Amazon review ever. I'm so relieved I have to tell people how great this product is. I go back to work in two weeks and my 9 week old was completely refusing the bottle. Tried everything! Different people feeding, different locations, positions, bottles...nothing worked. Until this! Gave her this bottle and instantly took it. No fighting it at all!
on September 9, 2016
I really really love this bottle. I have a fully breastfed and lip/tongue-tied baby who I wanted to make sure would take a bottle while I work and instead of trying a bunch of different bottles, I asked around about breast-shaped bottles for breastfed babies and the Comotomo was the most suggested. My baby took it no problem from the first time! I know all babies are different but I love the soft plastic body and the slightly harder plastic nipple that acts just like a breast. It helps with gas which is usually a huge problem with lip and tongue tied babies, but not with this bottle!

I recommend it and if you are looking for a bottle for the same reasons, I would give this one a try! I really love it.
on November 4, 2016
Nothing more frustrating than having a baby that won't take a bottle. We exclusively nursed for the first 8 months but found it hard to get some time away from baby. I bought every bottle I could find in stores (Avent, Nuk, Dr. Brown, Tommee Tippee, Platex, Medela,, Munchkin, etc.). He would never take these and would bite the nipple and act as if he had no idea what I was putting in his mouth. A friend suggested these and I was reluctant due to the fact that I couldn't get it in stores and the price per bottle. I finally caved as we needed to get him on a bottle to start daycare. He took to this bottle like a champ. He still nurses in the evenings and at night with no issues but can also take bottles without the frustration. If you have a baby that won't take a bottle you know what I am talking about.
on January 26, 2015
First off let me say that I am a stay-at-home dad. Our little one was breastfed-only for 3 months then Mommy had to go back to work. Unfortunately the baby was not drinking from our Born Free bottles from our previous children. We tried Playtex, Tommee Tippee, Adiri NxGen, First Years Breastflow, and a few other standard bottles. He wouldn't drink from any of them. We saw the Comotomo on Amazon and had never heard of the brand but we're willing to give it a try as all others weren't working for him. To our gracious surprise he willingly attached to the bottle. The bottle is silicon and super easy to clean. Because it's small, light weight, and textured he was able to easily grip the bottle. We used this bottle exclusively until he was old enough to drink from a sippy cup. If your desperate because your little one is not latching onto a bottle, give Comotomo a try! It worked well for us.
0Comment| 162 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 10, 2017
I usually don't put much thought into product reviews, but this one deserves a round of applause 👏 Comotomo saved the day for us! Mom had to leave the house all day for it to work, but it worked!! The pic shows all the other bottles we tried...the booby baby struggle is VERY REAL! The silicone body that allows us to squeeze the milk into her mouth is what sold us to try the product to begin with. We used it to get the milk started and now she actually sucks on the bottle. It took 15 weeks of fighting her with other bottles. So, Comotomo we'll take 5 more please 🤗
review image
on December 16, 2016
As a first time mom, I had gotten a variety of bottles to try when the time was right (Avent, Dr Brown, etc). Heading back to work when she was 7 weeks meant we had to introduce a bottle sooner rather than later. The comotomo bottle was (and is) the ONLY bottle that worked. I exclusively breastfed, and she absolutely refused any other bottle. This one was a lifesaver! While it is definitely more expensive than other bottles, it is SO worth it if you are struggling with finding a bottle that works. She also has reflux, so the air vents are super helpful. Not to mention, cleaning them is really nice! You can fit a normal sponge, or scrub brush, AND they are dishwasher safe.

My only complaint - and its not really a true complaint - just be careful if you are using Enfamil AR formula; it is too thick to go through the size 1 or size 2, and the Y cut gags. (She was 3 months when we tried the Y) Mixing with BM has solved our problem, though.

Currently she is 5 months, and loving her bottles!
on August 23, 2016
My baby is 12 weeks old and breastfed. He took a bottle fine when we first tried at 4 weeks. We didn't try again until he was 7 weeks old, and he refused. For the past 5 weeks, I have been trying to give him at least one bottle a day and it has been awful. He will scream for about 30 minutes, doesn't suck well but just plays with the nipple and maybe only takes 1-2 ounces. I have tried Munchkin, Avent, and Dr. Brown's and they have all had the same effect. This bottle arrived today. He didn't like it for about a minute, but after that, he immediately started sucking without any complaint. In 8 hours he has taken 17 ounces from the bottle. I'm almost in tears of joy thinking it's too good to be true. It makes me feel much mire at ease that I can leave him with someone else for a few hours and not worry about him starving anymore
on May 20, 2017
I have tried about 6 different bottles before success with this one over a three day period. She took this one almost instantly. I have a breast fed baby who's almost 4 months we introduced a bottle around a month and she took it fine. Then we moved to a different home when she was two months and I stopped pumping because it was easier just to breast feed her. About a month and a half later I had an event for school and my mom and husband tried giving her a bottle and you'd think you were murdering her ! Turns out she had breast preference. I bought a bunch of different bottles plus the ones I had and tried and this is the ONLY one she would take. She fussed a little but latched with out a problem. It's not to fast of a flow so it's similar to breast feeding , didn't make her gassy and now I feel comfortable to leave her with someone again. If your baby has breast preference it is worth it ! Granted baby is different but it's very similar to a real nipple and breast !