Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Company of Heroes 2 Digital Collectors Edition [Online Game Code]
Amazon Vehicles Fall Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Britney Spears Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Shop Now STEM

on January 19, 2014
Please do not let other reviewers' inability to find their product code and access it on steam dissuade you from potentially buying this game.

First off, Amazon had the Collector's Edition for $13.59 marked down from $79.99. That's a steal. Luckily Steam had a Company of Heroes 2 Free Weekend 1/17/14 - 1/19/14 so I could play before purchasing.

The game itself is an excellent RTS but very graphically intensive. I have 2 1GB Radeon HD 6870's in crossfire and still have to put some settings on "Low" or "Medium" because unfortunately, CoH2 does not support Crossfire. The graphics still look great, though. This game differs from a game like Starcraft 2 in that your ground units have the sense to take cover when being shot at. It takes a lot more strategy to take down a heavy tank than just run-and-gun in with a massive amount of units.. Currently there are only 2 factions, Soviets and Germans to choose from, and each have their own "Commanders" you can choose from to vary your gameplay style, whether you like using mechanized units, elite infantry, air attacks, or many others. There's a campaign mode with various cut-scenes and objectives, and an online multiplayer skirmish mode, as well as you vs the AI. I recommend checking out some gameplay videos.

To obtain a steam code purchase the game, then go into "Your account>Your games and software library." It will list a product code underneath the game title. Download steam at steampowered dot com if you don't have it already and hit the GAMES tab, then choose ACTIVATE A PRODUCT ON STEAM. Paste in the code and blamo, your game is registered to your steam account. It will prompt you to begin downloading from there. Since I had already downloaded the game from the Steam Free Weekend, I did not have to redownload anything. It took me literally 20 seconds to find my product code and activate it on Steam.
on August 5, 2013
I had doubts about getting the collectors edition at first but after playing the game a handful of times I really started to enjoy it. It is packed with many exciting and challenging missions that will keep you wanting more. Thanks for a game well made.
on January 20, 2014
I have the standard edition. I am worrying about if I buy this digital collectors edition, could I apply it to my old account since my old account is already 100lv.?
on April 16, 2014
I thought that the Collectors Edition would contain extra mission and maps, but it does not - what it does is the previous version of CoH (1.0) - which was a big dissapointment for me - as I already had one purchased before. Amazon would not even listen about partial refund - money was lost because I did not read description A-to-Z. Better do it if you're certain about what you don't want.
Game itself is quite nice, but pretty thin (without extra packages available for a hefty fee from Steam) so it can be done in a few days... not sure if it's worth such money for such a short leisure time.
on July 10, 2014
Added on the new western Armies and the game is unbelievable. The ability to practice with the computer prior to jumping into a multiplayer match is very helpful.
on April 18, 2014
I am a big fan of strategy games. I loved playing it. I haven't tried the multiplayer yet. it should be fun too.
on July 30, 2014
Cool game but the lack of playing other factions in campaign mode was a let down.
on January 26, 2015
Great.
on October 11, 2014
If you've a COH1 will be fun 2.
on February 21, 2014
I like this style game! The game is amazing at single player and multiplayer, the story and visual quality are very impressive. If you are doughting to get it just buy it now because its worth it.