Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Big & Rich PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Format: DVD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 179 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 268 reviews
on June 23, 2017
What's to not like in a movie? The acting is very good, the filming is superb! The story is very hoaky and I didn't buy into it for a second. I just enjoyed the actors playing off each other.
on February 28, 2017
Good movie but I wish they had provided more statistics and analogies of the financial crisis we were in after that bubble burst. We got off lucky because it could have been much worse.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 18, 2016
I suppose I watched this film again because I am attempting to re-enter the workforce, and wanted some sort of affirmation of the attitudes of job seekers, and those with authority to hire, or recommend for hire authority I was experiencing. I almost wish I hadn't watched the film, as it presented the reality of a job search by those who are qualified, but not freshly exited from school. Unfortunately, the Tommy Lee Jones character does not exist in "my world."
on January 25, 2014
The Company Men reflects a true American Tragedy ---which has now become the norm in contemporary American Culture! Well done and well casts ---this movie is so accurate and so compelling that as you watch it ---you repeat to yourself over and over ---"HOW TRUE!!!---HOW TRUE!!!" *This movie demands in-depth evaluation of each person's work past ---work present ---and projected work security in the future. *I personally believe this will be the 'Norm' for American Industry for the next 100 years! A 'Must See' ---'Must Have' ---movie for your collection. WHY? Because you will watch this movie over and over again ---and each time you do ---you will identify new truths from your personal experience! This movie portrays Dr. Leon Festingers' 'Theory of Cognitive Dissonance' in the true light of what is happening in Corporate American Culture RIGHT NOW!
on September 7, 2017
Very Slow Movie, Plot was predictable...I looked forward to seeing the movie because of all the "Big" Names but was very dissapointed.
on May 2, 2017
I love this movie and I think it pretty much sums up what happened during the great recession.
on October 8, 2011
The company men did not do a bad job of making a dramtic film with a potential happy ending. Showing real-time events in our lives as what is probably happening right now in the current us of a. I love the sense of getting back to our roots and making quality products and making an honest buck to provide for our families! The world is full of "paper" pushing and we get carried away with stats rather than focusing on how to work together to make a better world and future. I just love the aura this movie gives off as the moral of the story. Overall I could not give it a 5 star rating because it was quite sad for my taste that cringed my heart, but the A-list actors were all spot on. Ben affleck was quite funny during the first half of the film. I thought it was a drama/ comedy at first lol. Nice job Ben. And the rest of the cast including up and comers all did amazing as well. Maria Bello is so gorgeous, sexy and hot even for an older woman and I am only 29 but I find her scrumptious!
The company men portrays accurately what we must do as business men working for companies "doing honest work to make an effectual positve change!" Thanks for the inspiring movie! Godbless
on May 8, 2013
I really love this movie. The characters are all full and deep, the acting is superb, and with all of the downsizing in America these days much like the movie Up in the Air, this movie is very timely and apt. That is what makes it a bit depressing for some - a colleague of mine in his 50's told me that's what the movie did for him, since he'd lost his previous job unexpectedly a few years back. But yet the ultimate message is one of endurance. Both of individuals and of the American Spirit. The greatest lessons we can learn from ourselves and each other is when times are the worst and how we respond to them as individuals and as a community. This movie captures that very well.

Bottom-line: well worth seeing at least once, perhaps not worth purchasing (though I am happy I did since it's one I will watch from time-to-time because of the fine acting) but definitely worth a rental.
on September 2, 2017
GOOD PRODUCT AND PROMPT SERVICE
on August 17, 2012
I found this movie to be entertaining, and the cast is top notch. The story is all too real with the tough economy the U.S.A. has been going through. Having seen it now, the pace of the story seems odd. There is so much time spent setting up the story and introducing the characters, that the end seems somewhat rushed and they tried to tie it up in a neat little bow and that just didn't work for me. I expected a little more substance after seeing the trailer.

It's about corporate downsizing, loyalty, family and friends. The story is compelling but doesn't quite go anywhere. They could have rewritten the last 30-40 minutes and answered lots of questions that are just left hanging. If the price is right, get it. I did like it. Just don't pay top dollar for it. It is a little flawed. The cast can make up for some of that however. They are great. One thumb up!