- Michael D'Antonio, Pulitzer Prize winner and author of Hershey, Mortal Sins, and The State Boys Rebellion
With frank language and compassion. Joelle Casteix demystifies sexual abuse.
- Jeff Dion, National Center for Victims of Crime
About the Author
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
We can react with concern, fear anger, indifference, hostility. It is not uncommon to hear comments like, get over it, forgive him (or her), you should have said no, etc.
Joelle not only gives solid advice and guidance she also provides rational explanations tells us the reasoning behind each step.
The world is changing. Awareness of child sex abuse and the abuse of those vulnerable to the powerful is growing. But the harm done to hundreds of thousands of children lasts decades.
Joelle's book helps victims of child sex abuse take steps on a journey of healing.
-"Much of the pain that survivors suffer is generated when people deny survivors their truth, minimalize their experience, and invalidate
the suffering they still endure."
-"When a survivor is encouraged to “forgive and forget” the abuse, it gives a predator a “free pass” under the guise of Christianity. What’s worse is when the “forgiven” predator goes on to abuse more children. The survivor who is bullied into forgetting the abuse is likely to blame him- or herself for the later crimes. No survivor should have to carry that burden."
-"These are questions (“Why didn’t you tell earlier?” / “You’re not really a victim because you were a teenager,
weren’t you?” / “Are you just after the big payout?” that predators WANT you to ask, because they help keep survivors silent."
Grab a copy of this book, read it and memorize it. The unfortunate statistics indicate that you or at least one person you know is/has been abused. We don't know when a survivor will choose to share their story with us, but we can educate ourselves today so that we are prepared to help, should the time come when we need to offer support.
Much love and Respect. <3
Most recent customer reviews
Without reading this first, one may be stunned at their own inadequate...Read more
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Psychology & Counseling > Sexuality
- Books > Medical Books > Psychology > Sexuality
- Books > Parenting & Relationships > Family Relationships > Abuse > Child Abuse
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > One hour (33-43 pages) > Parenting & Relationships
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Counseling & Psychology > Human Sexuality
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Counseling & Psychology > Mental Health > Codependency
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Parenting & Relationships > Family Relationships > Dysfunctional Relationships
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Parenting & Relationships > Family Relationships > Parent & Adult Child
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Self-Help