Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
Compatible with Brother TN-450 TN450 (TN-420, TN420) High Yield Toner Refill for HL-2230, HL-2240, HL-2270, HL-2280, MFC-7360, MFC-7460DN, MFC-7860DW, DCP-7060, DCP-7060D, DCP-7065DN - with Reset Flag Gear, Lever Included
|Price:||$6.24 & FREE Shipping|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Type: Refill Toner - with Reset Gear
- Part No.: TN-450, TN450
- No. of pages: Up to 2,600 pages at 5% COVERAGE
- Category: High Yield Toner (100 Grams) - NOT 90 Grams
- HL-2230, HL-2240, HL-2270, HL-2280, MFC-7360, MFC-7460DN, MFC-7860DW, DCP-7060, DCP-7060D, DCP-7065DN
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Kit Includes - 1 x Sealed Toner Bottle of 100 Grams | 1 x Reset Gear (Spring, Gear, Cover) | 1 x Red Tip Funnel Cap | 1 x Pair of Gloves | 1 x Instruction Sheet
Visit Our Store For Other Products You Might Need: http://www.amazon.com/gp/browse.html?ie=UTF8&marketplaceID=ATVPDKIKX0DER&me=A3T6RBZAT1E8KZ
Top Customer Reviews
Note before you refill the cartridge: For the Brother TN-450 printer cartridge, when the printer indicates that the cartridge is empty, you can keep using it by using one or both of the following methods:
Simple method: take the cartridge out of the printer, gently shake it side to side, then re-install into the printer. This can result in approx. 50 to 100 extra pages of printing. You can do this multiple times until it no longer works to provide additional printing.
More complex method (however, if you're reading this, probably not too complicated for you): Reset the gear flag, then continue using the cartridge without refilling it. With a cartridge that has been refilled with a typical TN-450 refill kit, I am generally able to reset the flag gear twice after the initial refill. This yields in excess of 5,000 pages, from a single toner refill, with toner saver mode enabled on the printer. This method will also work with the original Brother cartridges, however, you will get fewer pages if you are using a "starter" cartridge.
Also, by using more of the toner prior to the time you refill, you will have less un-used toner to remove from the cartridge when it does become time to refill. I recently refilled a cartridge that had almost no un-used toner in it. I printed approx 7,000 pages from one refill and multiple flag gear resets.Read more ›
The story ends well, but see Tips below to avoid hassles.
* The instructions do not show or mention the little spring you're supposed to install when upgrading a starter cartridge to a reusable cartridge.
* The tiny spring is very easy to not see and throw away. It's sent loose inside the large bubble pack shipping envelope.
* So, it's easy to despise the folks at SOL, who I bought this from.
* You need to be a little handy, detail oriented, and patient. If you're in doubt, buy a genuine Brother TN-450 cartridge one time. Then you can refill that without confronting the "Flag gear upgrade."
* On the other hand, the price was very good -- much better than Laser-Tek's competing product.
* The printing results seem perfect...no problems.
* Huge savings - Worth the hassle
I've been refilling Brother cartridges for years, But this is the first time I hassled with the missing flag gear on a starter cartridge.
- - - Tips - - -
(Tips 1 and 2 apply to new flag gear = starter cartridge upgrade)
1. Don't lose the tiny spring when you open the package.
2. Search "TN420 flag gear" on YouTube and watch the 1:15 minute video
3. Before you attach the plastic nozzle onto the bottle of toner, cut off half of the nozzle. This enlarges the nozzle from a 1/16" hole to about 1/4". (You'll get very tired of pumping toner through the 1/16" hole.)
4. Prying the filler cap off the toner cartridge: It's harder than you'd think. I use a putty knife and I press inward toward the center of the cap before prying up. There are ridges on the cap that make it hard to pry off. Inward pressure defeats the ridges.
5. Follow all the other instructions, including emptying all the old toner out of the cartridge.
~~~ Comments & questions welcome ~~~
Fast service, as described, will use when my TN-420 starter cartridge stops printing. The kit came with 8oz toner; funnel cap, flag gear, spring, gear cover, gear install instructions, two gloves. Searching You Tube for refill TN 420 or 450 will give you more in depth instructions. The photos on the Amazon product page really help too.
These TN 420/450 cartridges may or may not come with the flag gear, including remanufactured cartridges. If not, you have to add one. You can also Google instructions for resetting the chip.
I bought from AAAtoner, others selling similar may not include all the goodies.
If you suck up toner with the little lady's vacuum cleaner, let be known, you will never remove it all from the vac or its parts. You and the vac may be sentenced to living in the dog house, forever, while Fido gets your bed. Or at the very least, a new vac may be at the top of your shopping list. Spilled toner is like, ya, Mike Rowe and Dirty Jobs at the charcoal factory in Missouri.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Installed as directed, but quality of print has been poor. I have been unable to correct the issue despite going through multiple online troubleshooting sites.Published 15 days ago by lkpath
Very satisfied, all was just as advertised (1pg B&W directions=OK, but using you-tube directions also.)Published 18 days ago by Amazon Customer
Came quickly in the mail and works perfectly. Looking forward to saving some money on toner.Published 1 month ago by John Engel