Amazon Vehicles Back to School Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Britney Spears Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Water Sports
Customer Discussions > Madden NFL 13 - Playstation 3 forum

Complaints About Offline "Franchise"

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 90 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 28, 2012 5:04:40 PM PDT
p says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Aug 28, 2012 5:05:52 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 28, 2012 5:24:35 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 28, 2012 5:19:33 PM PDT
Fantasy drafts are pointless, who wants a dream team? Half the fun is taking an underdog team and building a great franchise with it.

Posted on Aug 28, 2012 5:42:07 PM PDT
Tony Fabiano says:
What ever with the fantasy teams but 14 out of 19 reviews so far being 2 or 1 stars all mentioning that they are pissed about the multiplayer franchise being gone suggest I AM NOT in the minority. I have friends and we have gotten together for YEARS and either played as seperate team or on the same team and went through season. That is the sole reason I get the game and I know many others who feel the same. What happened to talking to people and playing games in the same room. That game may be awesome for single player modes but people like me are going to boycott until they fix this.

Posted on Aug 28, 2012 9:53:38 PM PDT
Kdl says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Aug 28, 2012 10:17:22 PM PDT
AM says:
Wu Stank, the overwhelming volume of reviews here that complain about the loss of Franchise Mode would suggest that it's not as minor a loss as you think. Also the Madden forum on EA Sports has a pretty hefty selection of people hacked about Franchise Mode, plus the number of sites you can find on Google with people complaining about the loss of Franchise Mode also lends weight against this being a minor issue.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 29, 2012 11:49:07 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 29, 2012 11:51:10 AM PDT
Jonathan D. says:
It's not just the "few missing features". The more I get into this Connected Careers crap the worse I find it to be. Your players come to you asking for new contracts but you don't have enough information in front of you to make informed decisions you have to back out of that part of the menu and go somewhere else to get the info you need because you can't find out important info like how old the player is and how long he's been in the league and whether or not he misses games or is there every week. The whole Connected Careers thing makes me feel un-connected from the other 31 teams in the league...hell, I hardly feel connected to my own team. This game is nothing but glitz (twitter feed, etc) with no substance underneath.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 29, 2012 12:08:18 PM PDT
finally!! some sense !! Amazon's reviews are representative sample...bottom line, the majority of the forums on the internet are arguing the same issue.
EA risked it and imo lost a fair share of "trusty" customers

Posted on Aug 29, 2012 4:19:03 PM PDT
p says:

Posted on Aug 29, 2012 7:22:36 PM PDT
Azhrei says:

Posted on Aug 29, 2012 10:40:21 PM PDT
Tony Fabiano says:
Dude it's only minor to you because that mode doesn't matter to you. The overwhelming 1 star ratings are people like myself who soley play the game with friends in franchise mode on the same team with a created player each. That has been our thing for 15 years now. So to say its minor is not accurate. What if online play were gone? What if the ability to pass the ball were gone or control who you wanted. What if you could only control the kicker? Nonsense I know but you need to understand that we don't care how good the new game is if we can no longer play with actual friends at our house. Some of us still enjoy human interaction.

We bought it without reading reviews because franchise mode has been a staple no one thought would go anywhere. I buy the game each year not caring about anything other then the fact I can play with friends through a franchise with the new rosters and better graphics.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 29, 2012 10:50:25 PM PDT
Azhrei says:

Posted on Aug 29, 2012 10:56:14 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 29, 2012 11:21:56 PM PDT
Tony Fabiano says:
The point is it has never been an issue. Why read a review so something you always have loved and know you will buy anyway? Lesson learned. I will never buy madden again until this bs is resolved. But the point is I never felt the need to read a review for my favorite game and I don't keep up with gamer mags or sites. I just wait until mid to late August and buy madden. I see your point and that will be how I go about business from now on.

Also I would still bash it because it is a major mistake to remove such a staple of the franchise. Wasted money or not. People like me want EA to hear us and put that feature back in future games or possibly do a patch for this year.

Posted on Aug 29, 2012 11:24:22 PM PDT
Azhrei says:
You still dont' get it... they didnt' "REMOVE" it, it and other things are on hold till next year's cause they didnt' have TIME to incorporate them into the new engine and make it work.

And ya... I always look things up before I buy... but that's me, meh.

Posted on Aug 29, 2012 11:31:48 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 29, 2012 11:41:32 PM PDT
Tony Fabiano says:
You don't get it. I have freaking played madden since 1992. Set in my ways? Yes but to remove the biggest feature for offline players is obsurd! Don't give me ran out of time! I would wait until oct for the release or at least say "hey loyal madden fans we will do a patch ASAP". It's not good enough to turn in imcomplete work to a boss or teacher is it?! until you understand that a lot of loyal fans now have to do with out a new madden for the first time in 20 years because the only way we enjoy the game truly is gone for at least a year then YOU WON'T UNDERSTAND US. I don't think your opinion is stupid for liking the game you just need to understand all of ours for not and not excepting "we did not have time".

And by remove I mean multiplayer franchise. My main draw to the game.

Oh and drop the review point. We would complain if none of us bought the game at all. The fact is we feel we have been left behind for online play which not EVERYONE is an online player. I like real friends at my house to enjoy the games with.

Posted on Aug 30, 2012 12:01:58 AM PDT

Posted on Aug 30, 2012 6:06:43 AM PDT
Tony Fabiano says:

Posted on Aug 30, 2012 6:17:53 AM PDT
The Voice says:
Tony i too have played since very first madden game and I too am disappointed. You are not alone, looks like some trolls are trying to get the best of you...

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 30, 2012 7:44:33 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 30, 2012 7:45:11 AM PDT
Tony Fabiano says:
dat94 - they are not getting the best of me but it has been exhausting trying to explain that while the gameplay may be good we all have valid points as to why we are upset with the new version. I am not trying to say they can't say the game is awesome in their opinion but they seem to not want people like me to have ours. Just like politics I guess.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 30, 2012 8:21:54 AM PDT
Andrew Ross says:
I hate when people list "graphics" as the most important aspect of a video game.. Personally I'd take NFL 2K5 over any football game since.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 30, 2012 9:35:37 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 30, 2012 9:35:58 AM PDT
Azhrei says:

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 30, 2012 10:17:07 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 30, 2012 10:28:09 AM PDT
Tony Fabiano says:
If there wasn't time then add the new features on this game next year and leave the franchise that so many have played for years. We would be able to enjoy the new engine with the old franchise options and the connected careers could have waited if they did not have "time". You don't like these options or don't rely soley on them so your points while valid mean nothing to us.

Yes we could just wait until next year and not complain about this new improved gameplay and either take it for what it is or play 2012.

It's not about the $60 for me it's the experience I have had with Madden for 20 years will be skipped for the 1st time this year. You are right in your points but again we don't want to hear it because "franchise" has been a staple forever and should have been added to the new engine first before connected careers or any new feature IMO. Therefore maybe we have underated the game for what it is but it is to get a point accrossed to EA that removing what a lot of us enjoyed for years is unacceptable.

Get it???

Posted on Aug 30, 2012 10:37:03 AM PDT
Leohlyon says:
Ahhh, I see what's going on here... For anyone that believes EA couldn't add the franchise mode in time for the game's release, is dead wrong. This is a tactic by EA; it's a variation of the good ole bait and switch tactic. Allow me to explain. EA got everyone amped up because of this new physics engine nonsense. They made sure they promoted the new engine, but notice how they didn't make an effort to let everyone know about the exclusion of offline franchise mode (Please don't insult my intelligence by telling me connected careers is the same thing). If they would have been clear on the exclusion of the off-line franchise mode, tons of people would have passed on this game. They don't care if we buy it, then get pissed and trade it in, they still got $65 out of our pockets. Please note that the all new 'physics engine' was the selling point for Madden 13 - All new off-line franchise mode will be the sellimg point for Madden 14, mark my words. Also, they'll purposly leave something else off and not tell us about it. EA has been doing this kind of thing for years. They'll leave something out, then bring it back as a new feature - Consequently they'll always have someone looking forward to the next Madden. Please, consider what I'm saying. Just think about it...

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 30, 2012 10:41:47 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 30, 2012 10:43:44 AM PDT
Tony Fabiano says:
Good points! His response will say if you would have read the reviews and ea forums then you would have known about the excluded features before you bought it. My point to him is that loyal madden fans don't always read the reviews for madden because for people like myself it's a no brainer that come a Tuesday in august the new madden will be mine once again. Now that franchise mode was taken I will not make this mistake in the future but before that I had no reason to read a review if what I love about the game would always be there.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 30, 2012 10:45:14 AM PDT
Leohlyon says:
Tony, he's full of it. We didn't have to read the forums to find out about the new physics engine, did we? Exclusion of off-line franchise mode is HUGE. This info should have been more accessible. I'm not going to argue with Wu Stank the fanboy about this. I'm just glad I boycotted this garbage.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  30
Total posts:  90
Initial post:  Aug 28, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 8, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 6 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Madden NFL 13 - Playstation 3
Madden NFL 13 - Playstation 3 by Electronic Arts (PlayStation 3)
3.1 out of 5 stars (955)