Industrial Deals HPC Spring Reading Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon westworldS2 westworldS2 westworldS2  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on February 7, 2017
 Great inexpensive drum set. I bought it for my 3 year old son for Christmas 2k16. Have to admit I play it more than he does at the moment. Attached a video to share how it sounds. I'm no professional just know a thing or two.
55 comments| 185 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 7, 2014
My boy’s 6th birthday was nearing. His Grandma put a video of him playing a kid’s school Drum Set on Facebook. Upon viewing it, my decision to get him a drum set for his birthday was instant. I looked through Amazon and found this 5-piece Gammon Set in metallic blue. It was perfect and the price was right. The drum set arrived in three days and I was amazed!

The set took a lot of time and effort to assemble. I’m unable to follow instructions and the parts and pictures were all I had to go on. It worked. I got it set up in two days of part-time tinkering. The set looked nice, appeared sturdy and sounded well. I’ll have to get someone who knows drums to fine-adjust the sounds.

The set appears well made and sturdy. Time will tell. When my boy saw it and started playing it (read: beating it), he was just ecstatic. "This is the best present ever," he exclaimed three times during the evening. The feeling of joy on his part was just overwhelming, and well worth the cost of the drums. Drum lessons are now in order. It was the most-appreciated gift I’ve ever given anyone. Trust me!

Gary Peterson
22 comments| 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 30, 2016
i actually bought these for my youth group because we were lacking a drum kit but i didnt realize this was not a full size drum kit, rather it was a kid version. DUH ME it was in the title but it was my fault. the drum kit looks nice and for the price it was great IF it was used for kids. so make sure to read the description and make sure it is the right size.
on October 23, 2016
I bought these for my grandsons, especially my younger one. Daniel is having a hard time settling down in school and he's wanted a drum set for a long time. Grandpa and I thought we might help motivate him with this purchase. His stepdad is a drum player and willing to teach him. Sure enough, the concentration needed for this has moved over to his school work. Sometimes a child needs to feel good about him/herself and finding 1 thing they are good at helps them improve other areas. My grands love this drum set and their stepdad says it should be fine for them until they are about 11 or 12 years old.
11 comment| 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 28, 2016
Great drum set, got this for my 4 year old son's birthday and he loved it, and so did all the other kids (and adults) there.It wasn't hard to set up, took about 15 minutes, not using the instructions, that were included.
I read reviews before this purchase about loose hardware, and bad quality cymbals and drum heads that kinda threw me off, but the hardware issue is not a problem as long as everything is tightened properly, including ALL the wing nuts. And as far as the quality is concerned this set seems to be a very functional JUNIOR set, do not expect a 800$ zildjian cymbals, and 1000$ baby seal skin drum heads, mounted on reclaimed Amazon river rainforest first stock wood,ready to F.S.U. in a Slayer tribute band. This is not suitable as a adult performance set, but is for a young learner, the cymbals are real brass and the skinheads are thick plastic, and when they wear out or break, as most all do regardless of brand, they can be replaced with any ting you want.
on January 19, 2015
The Complete 5-Piece Black Junior Drum Set with Cymbals Stands Sticks Hardware & Stool was purchased on Amazon. The package came quickly and all parts were included. Set up was pretty easy, even for us folks that have no idea what a drum set is really supposed to look like.

However, when placing the small mounted tom on, the nut came right out, and a piece came off with it. I have two pictures attached. Sorry for the blurriness.

Even without this piece our 5-year old says "THIS IS AWESOME!"

------Will follow up, as we have put in an inquiry to get this tom replaced.
review imagereview image
on February 27, 2017
Very well put together. The cost of this set versus a toy set is a no brainier on why you should purchase this one. Yes the cymbals are not very good but cymbals aren't cheap as it is. The snare has a good snap and the toms are pretty punchy. The kick drum has a slight floor tom sound going on but that's probably because it's about the size of an adult floor tom. I'm 6ft and I can play this set easily with a regular chair. My son is 2 and he's just a hair to short to reach the kick pedals comfortably but I'm sure he will get enough use and have many years before he will out grow it. As your child becomes more seasoned you can add and upgrade the cymbals and you can also purchase better quality heads. For this price point you can't go wrong!
on December 22, 2017
Bought for my 2 1/2 year old. He loves it! Perfect size for now, this set will last him a few years.

Set feels just like a real one. Heavy duty! I bought a Velocity plastic set before this one I wish I would have saved that money and went with this instead from the jump. That set lasted him 1 month tops before falling apart from abuse.

I love how everything is wood and metal. Sturdy stuff. I'm extremely satisfied with this product. This drum set will be in our family for years to come.
on July 18, 2013
We purchased this set for my 5 year old sons birthday. He has been drumming on everything in our home for a couple years and we wanted to direct it to the right place...drums! My husband and I put together the set in about 2 hours. After it was set up we had to make a few tweaks to certain parts (loosen or tighten). The direction were pretty helpful, not 100% though. He has now had the set for about a month and uses it daily. The sound is great for a kid size set. The high hat has come unscrewed a few times, I generally think it is that he is hitting it very hard and it little by little unscrews itself. The foot peddle on the Bass Drum has a also come apart a few times, but again my son gives it no mercy...(did I say he gives this set no mercy!) The peddle goes back together easy enough. The logo on the top of the drums is smudged from him hitting it so many times, but I think that is also expected. Overall we are super happy with the durability of the set, and better than that our son is happy and on his way to learning the drums!
on February 18, 2016
This is a great kit for giving a little one an intro to drumming. It's primarily a toy, but it's excellent quality compared to typical toy drum kits. I bought it for my two year old, and she fell in love with it on sight. She's almost five now, and still loves banging away on it.

There are a couple downsides, but nothing out of the ordinary for a kit like this. The pedals are pretty cheaply made, with the kick pedal needing more pressure than should be necessary to use. Also, the heads it came with are almost not drum heads at all, but just a thin film to serve the purpose of a hitting surface. They've lasted this long though, so they're at least more durable than they feel. And honestly, you could switch them out for some real Evans or Aquarian heads and it could actually sound decent for a little bang around kit. I put a custom front head on the kick, and just that made it sound light years better.

The kit comes mostly as a toy, but the size and quality of it provides a fantastic foundation to grow with your child and their progression on the instrument, if playing drums becomes a "thing." Built like a real kit, better quality parts can be later added to turn it into a true musical instrument, that would be perfect when they're ready to start on lessons. Overall, I'm very happy with the purchase, and so is my daughter.