Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $3.99 shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
The Complete Aromatherapy and Essential Oils Handbook for Everyday Wellness Paperback – September 11, 2014
"Rebound" by Kwame Alexander
Don't miss best-selling author Kwame Alexander's "Rebound," a new companion novel to his Newbery Award-winner, "The Crossover," illustrated with striking graphic novel panels. Learn more
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
About the Author
Lora Cantele, RA, CMAIA, AAS is a Registered Aromatherapist, Clinical Aromatologist, Certified Swiss Reflex Therapist, and Aromatherapy Educator and writer. She is the past president of the Alliance of International Aromatherapists (AIA) and the Editor/Publisher of the peer-reviewed International Journal of Professional Holistic Aromatherapy (IJPHA).
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Nerya and Lora have provided a comprehensive volume with both breadth and depth. Their book:
- empowers you to work safely and effectively
- speaks to a wide variety of essential oils
- provides detailed information for unique contraindications
- outlines safe blending practices
- includes information on blending for babies and children
- offers invaluable base recipes and insight into carrier oils, hydrosols, and infused oils, and
- provides a HOST thoughtful remedies and recipes for personal care, wellness, and the home
With a user-friendly layout and helpful, thoughtful tone, the book is relevant and useful for both aromatherapy beginners and experienced blenders. Tips and cautions are provided in the margin and helpful reminders, "links", and resources are provided throughout the book. Compelling information for each oil, including subtle energetics, is provided in a master list of essential oils. Relevant oils for individual concerns are also conveniently included where you want them most--right below the concern you seek to address! The recipes provided leverage the broad spectrum of essential oils outlined, but most do not require you to have dozens of oils on hand to craft them; handy substitutions are also provided for those who may not have a particular oil on hand.
If you are eager to begin crafting your own aromatherapy products for the benefit of your family's wellness, this book provides a thoughtful, up-to-date, and comprehensive way to begin safely working with essential oils to address your concerns and improve your quality of life. Even if you are an experienced blender, the book provides many useful tips and fresh insights--I can't recommend it highly enough!
There are four chapters plus an introduction, a glossary, resources and a bibliography:
* Introduction - using essential oils
* Part 1: The Oils - properties of essential oils, 109 key essential oils (there's a handy chart with different oils and their uses), carrier oils (for blending), basic massage oil blends and treatment bases, and infused oils
* Part 2: Remedies - the 450 remedies are quite extensive and include a list of the essential oils to treat the ailment, treatments (how to use them) along with recipes/blends and tips
* Part 3: Aromatherapy for Daily Living - for personal care (skincare, hair care and body care), for the home and for massage
* Part 4: Practicalities - equipment and measuring and storing essential oils
For example, here is a blend for afternoon brain fatigue:
* 36 drops of rosemary essential oil
* 24 dropsof lemongrass essential oil
* 12 drops of basil essential oil
Place 12 drops in a 10ml glass bottle with a roller ball. Top up with fractionated coconut oil and shake to blend. Roll on temples, wrists and collarbones as needed. I would be inclined to also use this blend in a diffuser.
It's an excellent book for beginners and those who are more experienced.
Nerys Purchon was one of Australia’s leading experts on aromatherapy and essential oils. Her books have sold more than 300,000 copies worldwide. Lora Cantele, RA, CMAIA, AAS, is a registered aromatherapist, clinical aromatologist, certified Swiss reflex therapist, aromatherapy educator and writer.
Blog review post: http://www.teenaintoronto.com/2014/10/book-complete-aromatherapy-and.html
The authors present 90 EO's. Some other oils are missing because they are rare, prohibitively expensive (or maybe unsafe).So is the case for Calendula which is presented in a separate section on how to make your own infused oils. I found the reference charts for conditions and the best oils approprite for them most useful.There are sections about children, skin care, haircare, massages, recipes for cosmetics( deodorant, bath oils, scrubs, mouth wash, colognes...). The authors are very clear in the dosage and ways to use each oil/ blends and are always concerned about safety.The recipes are not extravagant as I have seen in some of the other books. I do not think I have seen blends exceeding 4 EO's. I also appreciated the fact that the information was down to earth. Some of the information I have not found in other books, like what is the difference between a water and a hydrasol (ex: rose)
All in all, this is a very thorough, useful piece of work, great for the beginner as well as the more informed.
Most recent customer reviews
Was very disappointed.