Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 1,988 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,202 reviews
on November 1, 2016
Excellent reference. Tells me everything I wanted to know about essential oils and answers questions I hadn't even thought of yet. I have a fairly extensive collection of books on the subject but I won't need them any more.
55 comments| 66 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 20, 2016
I have lots of great EO books, but this one is the most informative! I really love the recipes in my other books, but this book has so much info in it that my others don't, so it is a great addition to my library!
on April 27, 2017
I bought this book based on the rave reviews I read. Let me just tell you, it doesn't disappoint! I also ordered another book someone recommended in their review. Don't waste your money, buy this one. Someone mentioned the pages being super thin, I thought they were fine, they sure aren't as thin as Bible pages. I'm new to oils so was looking for something that not only gave a brief summary about the oil and origin, but how and what to use it for, and this is exactly what I've been looking for! It gives you a little background about the oil, (without going into a full blown science lesson), how to use it, what to use it for and recipes for everything you can imagine. This is the only Essential Oils book you'll ever need. If you are just starting your oily journey and are a "just the facts please" personality, I highly recommend this book!
on October 31, 2016
Excellent book! Very professionally done. It will be one of my 'go to' books in my library.
on December 5, 2015
This got so many excellent reviews that I thought it would make a great "beginner" book on essential oils. As some reviews mentioned, her recommendations are not safe for pets. I'm not a vet, and wouldn't know, but I chose not to try it out just in case. So that section isn't helpful to me, but I didn't buy it for that anyway. I bought it as a way to learn how to use EO and for "formulas" and recipes to help with different conditions, ailments, ect., basically all the things I was buying OTC medicine, soap, and cleaning supplies for. This was far from answering most of my questions. She uses terminology that is not explained and there is no glossary. However, she does include a nice index that lists many things a beginner would want to know, such as where the oil comes from and a basic listing of categories and if each oil is checked off in that category. There is also check list of oils specifically for treating facial conditions. And how to massage the oils in correctly to different parts of the body. Some of the oils I've never heard of and may be hard to come by...which led me to look at the copyright. This book was last copywritten in 1991! WOWZA! I find it hard to get several of the oils that she mentions frequently in her blends, and therefore find it hard to fully vet her recipes. And since I'm a beginner, that makes it all the harder to know if it's the recipe, my oils, or how I'm applying them. I've found better info just searching the web. I wanted a book that I could look at any time and learn more without needing to plug in. Sadly, this is not a good beginner book IMHO. I would choose this as a 2nd or 3rd book.
on December 14, 2016
When I bought this book, all I'd really wanted was a reference guide to essential oils. A large section in the back of this book is just that, and that section alone makes the book worth the purchase price. But there's so much more to it than that. There is a great deal of background about the history and use of essential oils and how they're extracted from plants, etc, which I found very interesting. I also particularly love how the chapters dealing with various problems/situations are presented, with background, a quick list of all oils that will help, then more specific details and suggested blends. I had no idea essential oils could be used for so many things! I've really enjoyed reading it and have found it to be a valuable reference as well. The way it is organized makes it easy for a beginner to find just what they need quickly, but it's comprehensive enough to be useful to experts as well. My only complaint about this book is that it is not currently available in hardcover. I plan to use this book frequently and keep it forever, so I'd prefer it be of sturdier construction, but it is a good quality paperback and the content more than justifies the price.
on July 15, 2016
The Complete Book of Essential Oils and Aromatherapy

The Complete Book of Essential Oils and Aromatherapy is exactly that. Totally complete.
This is the most complete book on this subject that I have found to date, and I have several.

The book is almost 2 inches think!
I guess that gives you an idea as to just how much information is contained within.

There are too many chapters to list but some highlights I would share are recipies included throughout as to how to make different blends.
There are also real recipies for food usage.
The Index is extremely complete, so if you are not certain which chapter to go to, the index will help.
The layout of the material is easy to read and easy to understand. This book is very well written!
There is not a bunch of "fluff" you know stuff to fill the pages for bulk. Each page has tons of information. No space is wasted.

I really like this book, and thus far have found it extremely helpful for research and application.
Thank you to Valerie Ann Worwood for taking the time to write such a complete and awesome volume!
review image review image review image review image review image
on April 17, 2013
I was excited to receive this book, especially given all of the recipes that were included. However, after reading it and going back and referencing recipes/topics many times, I found that the book lacked critical educational/informational content. There is a lot of basic chatter, but most is common sense. Most of the recipes were also very basic and many lacked information needed for successful preparation. For example, there is a recipe for making milled soap. she states in the recipe that almond or olive oil would be nice to add (but does not state how much to add, when to add it)......ok, so am I supposed to guess how much to add and risk ruining the recipe and all these ingredients???? also, how long does it need to sit, at what point do the bars need to be cut? In some cases, it almost seems as if she is rushing through, trying to cover too much, but ultimately stops short.

I wish her book went a bit deeper..... There is very little technical subject matter about the essential oils, extraction methods, carrier oils and how to combine them etc. If you are like me and invested a fair amount of $$ into purchasing high quality organic essential oils, carrier oils etc, you may feel as if you don't want to even try most of her recipes.

That being said, there are a few quick reference first-aid recipes and remedies that are decent which is why I gave this review 3 stars. I am sorry, but I would not recommend this book.
on January 17, 2017
A friend recommended this book to me and I'm so glad she did! I have been using essential oils for 1 year and this 682 page book is my new oil bible. It is packed with so much information, recipes, and descriptions on how to use for any ailment you can imagine. The index makes it easy to find exactly what you're looking for in a few seconds. The first edition of this book was published 25 years ago, and the latest has just been revised and updated.
on March 18, 2017
I haven't finished the introduction but feel the need to express how happy I am with this book. I bought some essential oils on a whim, along with a diffuser (meant to act as a mini humidifier). The first book on oils I got was a collection of information from websites; fine if you were already convinced in the idea of EO. Being skeptical, I wanted a book that provided a scientific basis to its "facts". I'll update my review if that isn't the case but the language in the introduction has me convinced the author's​ claims are based on more than wishful thinking and that a grounding in science will be provided.