BCA Month Salon Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 38 reviews(1 star). See all 656 reviews
on February 14, 2017
This is ridiculous if you want to look things up to see how many calories are are you better have the package because that's the only way you can tell what measure the information goes to. Tablespoons teaspoons or truckloads. Try to look up salad dressing it has all the appropriate numbers but does not tell me how much of it go figure
on December 12, 2013
I thought this book would be pocket sized that I could carry in my purse, but this book is bulky and difficult to use. I would recommend an app called" lose it" if you have a smartphone--much more convenient.
on December 18, 2015
not easy to follow
on January 27, 2016
The title is misleading. I am so glad I kept my old falling apart counter! I truly don't know the products that are listed and items I need to count are not in this book. I wasted good money and it's a bitter pill to swallow since I'm on a fixed income.
on February 4, 2017
While it lists cholesterol for foods, the book does not break out saturated fat, but lumps all the good with the bad. That's a serious flaw for any nutrition tally.
on July 26, 2002
I am extremely disappointed in this book, and there has not been one other item on Amazon.com where I have completely disagreed with almost all of the other reviews to this extent.
If you have eyes and you can read and you have a pantry full of food with labels on it, then you do not need this book! It seems the only food in this book are brand name foods that have all the same information ON THE LABEL that is in this book.
The book supposedly contains brand name items and generic, but in my experience, I would say the book is 95% brand names and 5% generic. By generic I mean food like apples, greens, milk, baking chocolate; I could not find any listing for fudge, red velvet cake or things like hot and sour soup. All I was expecting was a ball park figure of fat and calories as I realize these foods could vary based on preparation methods, but instead I have nothing to go on. For hot and sour soup, for instance, I looked up Chinese (there is no listing for Chinese), soup, ethnic foods (there is no listing for ethnic either), H for hot etc so I am sure it is not in the book.
There are listings for some Fast Food restaurants, but you could easily find the same information on web sites. I didn't really need this information.
From what I can tell this book serves no purpose other than to save you a trip from your kitchen to your pantry or refrigerator or freezer where you could just pick up the item and read for yourself what contents are in it.
It was money wasted for me.
on February 2, 2017
Useful, but ponderous
on September 1, 2016
This book does not have all food counts! If you are looking for potassium counts, so if that's what you are looking for DONT BUY!
on January 10, 2011
The Kindle version appears to be a PDF; the font-size for the data can't be changed and the data is unsearchable. I probably would not have bought it had I known that.

Also, when the screen is rotated, there's no option to zoom to page-width.

In my opinion, this is not a very good fit for the Kindle and I would definitely return it if I could.
on July 29, 2011
Like another reviewer, I bought this book in Kindle format and find it to be TOTALLY useless.

The Search function does not work at all. Finding something in it takes a horrendous amount of time, at best.

If I thought I could get my money back, I would (and may try).

There was NO warning that Searches could not be done. Shame on you for not putting that warning in the item description for the Kindle version.