Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now STEMClub17_gno

FMA Complete Boxed Sets vs Prior 2 Part Sets?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 8, 2009, 2:09:59 AM PDT
Vince says:
Does anyone know if there are specific differences between these new Fullmetal Alchemist Complete Boxed Sets in comparison to the older 2 part sets that were released?

Do they both contain all 51 episodes from the two seasons?

Unfortunately the listed Run Times seem a bit skewed and confusing... season one of this new complete set has 660 minutes, but the older double part set, has 400 minutes for part 1 and 300 minutes for part 2, which totals 700 minutes?

And there's more Run Time confusion for the 2nd season as well.

I'd like to purchase the series but unsure which version to go with since I want the full unedited and uncut series.

Any help would be much appreciated...

Posted on Aug 13, 2009, 10:27:51 PM PDT
Since I have both of the thin packs I'll tell you it's easier to go and buy both of those because they take up less space than the separate sets, they are also unedited and uncut.

Posted on Aug 14, 2009, 2:20:29 AM PDT
Vince says:
Hi...

Thanks for your reply, so are you referring to these sets... Fullmetal Alchemist: Season 1, Part 1 Box Set

or the newer full boxed sets... Fullmetal Alchemist: Season 1 Box Set

Posted on Dec 3, 2009, 8:51:00 AM PST
Two Shelves says:
I found this as one of the comments on the complete box sets:

April 19, 2009
By shardingtoby "Steph" (Glen Burnie, Maryland United States)

Hey,
I would recommend this series to anyone who loves a good anime with good action, awesome voices, and incredible animation. However I believe I should warn you that it is not the entire First Season. If you want the whole season buy the smaller box sets. Enjoy!

So I guess he thinks there's a difference. (I'd like to know the answer to this too.)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2009, 11:30:49 AM PST
R. Rountree says:
I think that comment might be incorrect. According to wikipedia, the original anime show ran with 51 episodes. There are 13 volumes available if you buy the dvds separately and the last listed episode on the individual volumes is in fact 51. I think they just split the episodes in half to label them seasons. Also, according to rightstuf.com the four box volume (two parts per season) also contains all 51 episodes. It would seem that this set does not leave out episodes. Correct me if I'm wrong though.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Aug 8, 2009
Latest post:  Dec 4, 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

This discussion is about