- File Size: 19163 KB
- Publication Date: March 31, 2009
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B0023W6HQE
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Not Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #365,934 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
The Complete Charles Dickens Collection (51 books) [Illustrated] Kindle Edition
Kindle e-ReadersFire TabletsFire Phones
- Due to its large file size, this book may take longer to download
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
I don't know if I will ever finish all of these books, but I like having a few of my favorites at my fingertips in one file.
Items like this are my favorite part of having a Kindle. I don't think this could be accomplished in a printed form without being too heavy to carry.
The only downside I see to it is that, as a previous viewer noted, the font is not to my liking.
I agree with what others have said about the font. I find it helps to make the font a little larger and change the typeface from "regular" to "sans serif."
All in all, I am delighted to have on my Kindle all these books by such a wonderful author. I am starting with one of my favorites: The Pickwick Papers.
Edited on April 4, 2011: There is now a new Dickens collection available which is better than this one: It is "Complete Works of Charles Dickens--Absolutely Everything with Illustrations" (March 12, 2011), published by Delphi Classics. It is fine with the Kindle: it has an active TOC for each work (though not for each chapter), which I reached by going to Cover and then paging forward, and indeed this edition has "absolutely everything," grouped into these sections: The Novels, The Christmas Novellas, The Short Stories, The Christmas Short Stories, The Short Story Collections, The Collaborative Works, The Plays, The Complete Poetry, The Non-Fiction. It has wonderful, old illustrations, some photos, and pictures of historical material. Best of all, the font used in the works is much nicer than that in the above edition. In my opinion, this March 12, 2011 Delphi Classics edition is the one to buy!
The main killer for this collection -- Monospace font. The whole collection is in a large, unchangable font. Also, there are no marker bars between stories or chapters (active table of contents).
If the font was fixed, I'd add a star.
As for the writing, this is Dickens. Five stars for the content.
I thought $2.99 was a great price for this collection and if you can work with the somewhat cumbersome index and are comfortable with one of the font sizes - go for it!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Dickens, of course, is a classic. His books are indisputably great. I particular enjoyed the biographical account of his visit to America.Published 1 month ago by J Reader
Dickens iwas one of the greatest of all time insocial comment, logic, suspense and readability. how could one go wrong ?Published 2 months ago by Amazon Customer
Dickens's creation cannot be rated using stars and scales applicable to rating T-shirts or batteries. Read morePublished 4 months ago by shlomo shoham
A great bargain to have all of Dickens' masterpieces at your finger tips. It is missing his condensed version of the Gospels that he created for his children.Published 9 months ago by Randall R. Phillips
This has been something of a quest for me. As a science major i hadn't read much of Dickens, but I committed to myself that I would get through the complete works, and I'm almost... Read morePublished 14 months ago by Bob
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Classics
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Humor & Satire > Humorous
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Literary
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Short Stories & Anthologies > Anthologies
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Classics > Anthologies & Collections
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Classics > Historical
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Classics > Humor
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Anthologies
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Humor & Satire > General Humor
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Literary Fiction > Classics
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Literary Fiction > Historical
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Literary Fiction > Humor