- Hardcover: 703 pages
- Publisher: Evangelical Press (November 1, 2006)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0852346441
- ISBN-13: 978-0852346440
- Product Dimensions: 9.4 x 6.6 x 1.9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2.9 pounds
- Average Customer Review: 5 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,204,728 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
The Complete Gathered Gold: A Treasury of Quotations for Christians Hardcover – November 1, 2006
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The majority of the quotes come in at around ten or twenty words. Here are a few examples, chosen at random:
* "Man does what he can, and God what he will" (John Ray).
* "No soldiers of Christ are ever lost, missing or left dead on the battlefield" (J.C. Ryle).
* "To deny the fact of Satan is to deny the truth of Scripture" (John Blanchard).
* "God prepares his elect for hearing, and gives them ears for that purpose" (John Calvin).
* "The world belongs to God and he wants it back" (David Pawson).
Unlike the vast majority of Christian quotes, the ones chosen by Blanchard are orthodox in their theology and tend towards biblical faithfulness rather than emotional attraction. The book is what it is: a lengthy collection of interesting and thought-provoking quotes. While I wouldn't consider it a must-have I do think it will prove valuable for those who often search for pithy quotes or those who would simply like to meditate upon a proverb.