- Series: Healthy Home Library
- Mass Market Paperback: 240 pages
- Publisher: St. Martin's Paperbacks; 1 edition (March 1, 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0312534183
- ISBN-13: 978-0312534189
- Product Dimensions: 4.2 x 17.4 x 174 inches
- Shipping Weight: 4 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 3.7 out of 5 stars See all reviews (17 customer reviews)
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#769,003 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #214 in Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Diseases & Physical Ailments > Chronic Fatigue Syndrome & Fibromyalgia
- #377 in Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Diseases & Physical Ailments > Musculoskeletal Diseases
- #690 in Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Diseases & Physical Ailments > Nervous System
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
The Complete Guide to Healing Fibromyalgia: How to Conquer Pain, Fatigue, and Other Symptoms - And Live Your Life to the Fullest (Healthy Home Library) Mass Market Paperback – March 1, 2011
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the Back Cover
What is fibromyalgia―and how do I know if I have it?
How can I break the cycle of chronic pain and fatigue?
What do doctors know about this condition?
What are my treatment options?
Can diet and exercise relieve my symptoms?
Learn how to ease your pain, increase your stamina, improve your health―and take charge of your life―with…
THE COMPLETE GUIDE TO HEALING FIBROMYALGIA
· The most comprehensive, up-to-date information available―including the latest preliminary diagnosis guidelines from the American College of Rheumatology
· A-to-Z lists of prescription medications, herbal remedies, and natural supplements
· Proven strategies for relieving symptoms―muscle pain, stiff joints, fatigue, sleep problems, depression, irritable bowel syndrome, fibrofog, sexual dysfunction, and more
· Alternative mind/body therapies―acupuncture, acupressure, chiropractic, hypnotherapy, light therapy, massage, neurofeedback, and other methods
· Crucial information on dealing with doctors, health insurance, employment issues, disability, getting pregnant, child rearing, weight control, support groups, and much more
· Plus an easy-to-follow program of diet, exercise, and sleep that will help relieve your pain and restore your quality of life
About the Author
Deborah Mitchell is a widely published health journalist. She is the author or coauthor of more than three dozen books on health topics, including the Healthy Home Library's 52 Foods and Supplements for a Healthy Heart, 25 Medical Tests Your Doctor Should Tell You About, A Woman's Guide to Vitamins, Herbs, and Supplements, The Complete Book of Nutritional Healing, The Concise Encyclopedia of Women's Sexual and Reproductive Health, and How to Live Well with Early Alzheimer's. Her other titles include The Wonder of Probiotics (coauthored with John R.Taylor, N.D.), Foods That Combat Aging, Your Ideal Supplement Plan in Three Easy Steps, and What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Back Pain (coauthored with Debra Weiner, M.D.).
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top Customer Reviews
No one seems to know why we have it, although a genetic component is obvious, but once we do, this book will help us understand why there is the confusion among doctors, even specialists, which medicines work and how, and many other of the myriad facets of this disease with many faces.
It's well worth the small price to advance your understanding of your illness. This book has been written in mostly plain English, although it's not for the juvenile sufferer or those who haven't got a good grasp on reading. It surprised me when I suddenly looked up and was halfway through it, so it's an easier read for a medical subject. The author covers fibro thoroughly, even as it pertains to other such diseases as Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and others with a similar symptom set. It made sense out of so many issues I'd been having for years.
If you have fibro, you need this book. Buy it.