Your Garage Luxury Beauty Killers of the Flower moon STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning billions billions billions  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 187 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 192 reviews
on August 6, 2012
I bought this book and three others to help me understand the process using my new Kamado smoker/grill. All have their points, but I find this is my main reference about wood mix, time, and temperature. The recipes are very detailed and easy to follow, not to mention delicious so far.
on April 19, 2013
Very helpful for a beginner smoker. We have a Masterbuilt smoker bought from Sam's Club. It didn't come with any directions at all. This book has been very helpful with getting us started with the basics.
on October 4, 2013
I bought this book for my husband, and he loves it. The title is humorous, howerever, it is full of very useful tips. It also has very good recipes. We are looking forward to using this book for smoking our Thanksgiving Turkey. Highly recommend! Thanks!
on March 10, 2017
not very accurate may vary 5 degrees or more
on March 24, 2017
I'm still an idiot, smoked meat good
on July 15, 2016
Very good for a beginner.
on September 1, 2016
Purchased as a gift
on August 6, 2012
This book is a good primer for the beginner. It contains a decent overview of smoking, using different types of smokers, and basic smoking recipes. It is not for people already familiar with smoking as it does not cover advanced techniques or recipes. It's pretty good if you're just starting out, although much of the basic information about smoking is readily available on the internet for free.
on December 2, 2012
I am a beginning meat-smoker. I learned tons from this book. After working my way through several sections, I discovered that I have a great guide for a hobby that I hope will last a lifetime.
on March 15, 2015
Great book! Very informational. Just got an electric smoker and this book has really helped me learn the technique of smoking low and slow. I would highly recommend this book to anyone new at smoking.