Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
The Complete Kubrick Paperback – September 1, 2001
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the Publisher
Part of the Virgin Complete Directors series, The Complete Kubrick is the step-by-step companion to the work of Stanley Kubrick. A well-researched, provocative, discursive and entertaining study: a must for all Kubrick fans.
About the Author
David Hughes is a respected journalist, writer and documentary producer who has written for the Guardian, Face, Empire, Sky and Cinetantastique to name but a few. He is also creative director of the movie marketing company Picture Production Co.
Top customer reviews
This book includes detailed summaries of each film he directed and many other fun facts.
My favorite Stanley K.
1. A Clockwork Orange - magnificent from the opening to the end
2. Paths of Glory - the greatest anti-war movie, ever.
3. Barry Lyndon - an INCREDIBLE look at a very interesting mans life.
4. Dr. Strangelove - an excellent satire.
5. The Killing - his first true classic
6. Full Metal Jacket - one of the greatest vietnam war films.
7. The Shining - an incredilbe adaptation to Stephen King's novel
8. Spartacus - a fairly good film looking at the life of an ancient roman gladiator, spartacus.
9. 2001: A Space Odyssey - incredible SCI-Fi film.