- Series: American Film Market Presents
- Paperback: 544 pages
- Publisher: Focal Press; 4 edition (March 14, 2010)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 024081150X
- ISBN-13: 978-0240811505
- Product Dimensions: 8.5 x 1.2 x 10.9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 3.3 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 110 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #21,297 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
The Complete Film Production Handbook (American Film Market Presents) 4th Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
This book is for working film/TV professionals and students alike. If you're a line producer, production manager, production supervisor, assistant director or production coordinator--the book has everything you'll need (including all the forms, contracts, releases and checklists) to set up and run a production--from finding a production office to turning over delivery elements. Even if you know what you're doing, you will be thrilled to find everything you need in one place. If you're not already working in film production, but think you'd like to be, read the book--and then decide. If you choose to pursue this career path, you'll know what to expect, you'll be prepared, and you'll be ten steps ahead of everyone else just starting out.
* Low-budget independent films, including documentaries and shorts
* Information specific to television production and commercials
* The industry's commitment to go green and how to do it
* Coverage of new travel and shipping regulations
* Updated information on scheduling, budgeting, deal memos, music clearances, communications, digital production, and new forms throughout
* This guide to production management is on every producer's shelf and will save you time, money, and hassles
* Hundreds of forms, contracts, and checklists available to print and use on your production
* New edition is fully updated with information about low-budget productions and much more!
Amazon Exclusive: A Letter from Eve Honthaner, Author of The Complete Film Production HandbookDear Amazon Readers,
This book, now in its fourth edition, has been an amazing journey. It's continued to evolve and improve as my career has expanded and the industry has changed in ways I couldn't even imagine when it first came out. Because our business has become more specialized, what started as a collection of material that encompassed the scope of my experience has come to include incredibly valuable information on various facets of the industry. I couldn't share this with you without the help of several colleagues, friends and friends of friends who generously contributed their expertise to this and past editions. I've learned a great deal from them and continue to learn from the many talented individuals I've had the privilege to work with--the behind-the-scenes heroes who know how to make the magic happen while sticking to a budget and schedule, keeping the cast and crew happy (and moving), helping to achieve the director's vision and creatively overcoming countless daily challenges.
I collect new information and memorable experiences from every job and project I work on--both for the book and (when I teach) for the benefit of my students, who are the ones who never fail to remind me of why I love being in this business.
My goal is to make your job easier by compiling material on a great many aspects of production, providing useful checklists, an array of forms and loads of practical advice that will help you make your film. I want to guide you through the process, so you'll want to do again and then again after that--whether it's a 10-minute short or a big studio feature.
The Complete Film Production Handbook has become an industry standard, and I can't tell you how gratifying it is to see it in production offices and on sets--to know that it's helping film students and filmmakers all over the country. I'm grateful every time it's purchased, used and recommended, but would especially like to thank those who have been buying the book since its first edition.-Eve Honthaner
"Eve has written two books on film, The Complete Film Production Handbook and Hollywood Drive, both of which have been very well received. The production manual is in its fourth edition and is used through the industry and at university around the country."--Studio City Magazine
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now