Customer Reviews: The Complete Runner's Day-By-Day Log 2013 Calendar
Oct16 Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Halloween Candy Cozy Knits Book 2 or More Hours of House Cleaning on Amazon fall24 fall24 fall24  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 All-New Kindle for Kids Edition Frank Sinatra Shop Cycling on Amazon

on October 25, 2012
I have been getting this diary for my husband for over 25 years... Always looking in book stores, recently with difficulty. Amazon has made it sooo much easier and best prices... Reliable. Just a little nervous that it wouldn't be spiral bound... It is!
on November 28, 2012
I first started using this running log with the 1984 edition, and with the exception of three years when I couldn't find it in bookstores (1989, 1990, and 1998) I have used it faithfully ever since. In the early years, the log pages started with the last few months of the prior year, so my first log entry was December 8, 1983. Little did I know that I'd still be keeping a running log 29 years later! These completed volumes have really become a very special part of my life, recording not only my daily runs and my racing results, but also significant events in my life. I don't keep an "ordinary" diary, but going back through my running logs is a great reminder of places I've been, people I've met, and what an adventure life can be. And yes, the running log is a wonderful "motivator" to get you out the door, because you certainly don't want to see those blank spaces piling up. I cannot say enough about this log and its beautiful simplicity. I am very grateful to each of the authors (Jim Fixx, John Jerome, and Marty Jerome) who have been the stewards of this book over the past decades.
on March 31, 2013
I can get a little compulsive in regard to tracking my mileage and this calendar/log is perfect for me. There is room to write on each individual day and on the monthly calendar, too. With space for everyday events, appointments, etc. and specific space for mileage, time, place and comments, it is very usable. There is also tracking for weekly mileage, yearly mileage and weight. There is a special section for race dates, times and conditions as well as a yearly bar graph you set up yourself. Photos, quotes and inspirational stories are placed throughout the book. I have used this same yearly log for at least 8 years.
on March 11, 2013
This is a pretty basic running log and that it just what I wanted. It has the individual days/weeks listed nicely. It has space to write your runs and workouts in. It has a space for when/where you run. Your total miles for the week and at the top of the beginning of each week it has a running total for the year. It also has a space for your weekly weigh-in. There are little hints and tips that don't take away from the space, and each month there is a small one or two page motivational story. I like it. If you are expert runner, novice, or beginner, take it from me (I've been running about 30 years), a running log/diary is the greatest thing to keep. You can reflect back on why you didn't run so well in that 10K, because your log will remind you that you cut some runs short, the weather was bad, or you ate too much pizza and drank too many beers during that time! Nothing like reading your own words to remind you why you are the shape you are in. Both good and bad. Get one....
on January 14, 2013
I have been using this particular calendar to record runs, but also events in my life and in the lives of my family. My first runner's calendar book was in 1989 and I have one for each year since then. Each January I will pull out the calendars from the previous year, from 5 years ago, and from 10 years ago. As the year goes by, I will occassionally check to see what was happening in the past. It helps me to keep perspective and it really teaches me to not sweat the little stuff. It is also fun to remind myself, my wife or our kids what we were doing on a given date in the past.
on August 20, 2013
It was a Christmas gift in 2012. I religiously filled it out. It served as a good reference to look back on in 2013. It would be nice if the journal included weather symbols to quickly circle, and a blank with degrees F. I always write in the weather conditions to see how it may have impacted my run on a particular day. Fun to look back at progress, injuries, and how well or not-so-well a particular race went. Ordered another for 2013. Run on!
on February 3, 2013
As a beginning runner, I got this log to help serve me as a yard stick by which to measure my progress. I find it easy to record all the particulars of a run and also enjoyed the little extras like tips or tricks on each page. It is a pleasure to use as both a regular calendar as well as a running log, but I use the blank calendar to record what I eat or some particulars on how the run went. The size is perfect for a purse or desk drawer, and it is tough. The only flaw is that the glossy pages don't absorb gel ink very well and isn't very good with pencil either. If I use a gel pen then close the log, the unabsorbed ink will leave blotches on the opposite page. One advantage of the glossy pages is that no ink, even sharpie pen, will bleed through. A regular ball point pen works best if you don't want blotches of ink all over every page after you write.
on December 29, 2012
This is a must have for my husband. It is exactly the same every year and he likes it that way. I would get bored. At least the color could be changed! He is happy, nonetheless, and wants one ever year. He loves to record his runs and workouts and this works great.
on March 17, 2013
I gave this book to my son and daughter in law who run as part this past year's Christmas present. They love it! Easy to use. My son participates in a lot of runs and track meets and likes being able to keep track of his accomplishments. Also, his training runs. Anyone who runs for health or fun, highly recommend to keep track of what they run on a daily basis.
on December 21, 2012
My husband has several years of this running log. He really likes the way it is written.
I was so glad to find it at Amazon as I havn't had time to go to the city.
He writes in his everyday so it is good to have a new one for 2013.