Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now STEMClub17_gno

Showing 1-8 of 8 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 9 reviews
on February 22, 2013
This is a fantastic book for community management tactics on Twitter and Facebook, and gets very deep into the "how to" aspects of conversing with, and seeking out your audience. In addition, Weintraub and Litwinka cover many other critical aspects of community management such as setting up dashboards (I particularly like the detailed use of Outlook for RSS - a much overlooked tool that most marketers already have, and are not using), crisis management specific to key social platforms, social CRM metrics. There are also a ton of tools and social spaces listed in detail, to help community managers make an initial evaluation. I also particularly liked the detail of the "paid organic" aspect of some of the major networks like Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook. This book is definitely a "must have" for the beginning to advanced community manager, or the marketer who is looking for a fresh and up-to-date guide on the state on social community management.
on November 3, 2015
excellent book !
on January 28, 2014
This is an excellent book on social media marketing and community management. It is the only one I'd recommend to people.

Most social media books are heavy on platitudes, multi-year strategy, and the same tired case studies. By contrast, this book will help just about anyone set up a solid social media program, with actionable insights usable today.

The section about 'paid-organic' social media is particularly relevant.
on June 12, 2013
Very timely information, as with all things related to social its perishable and needs to be taken advantage of as soon as possible before it changes again. But there is still some good evergreen stuff in there as well.
on September 8, 2013
I would recommend this book to anyone willing to work as a Community Manager. Examples are clear and the book was well written.
on March 11, 2013
The book is really good and thoroughly written. It's an excellent guide to travel across this new world of Social Networks but from a marketing perspective. If you want to know how to do create business opportunites within Web 2.0, this is the right place to go.
on January 25, 2013
This is a comprehensive guide that helps social marketers of all experience levels understand what it takes to be successful in such a fast-paced field. Whether you're a small business owner seeking to learn or an experienced social community manager, this guide will not only help you learn about social media best practices but also how to quantify and analyze your success.
on March 18, 2013
For the last several years I heard Marty speaking on webinars and other types of media and each time I said to myself, "This guy talks way to fast, but he has way too much actionable data".

In fact I hang out on as many webinars about SEO, Marketing and PR as a can and if you remove Marty from that group, they contain no actionable data.

What I consider actionable data is something you are told then taught in a seminar or book and then can use it right away.

So When I found out Marty wouldn't be speaking at the sound barrier and I could read his word for him, I jumped at the chance. I love Marty's brillience and they way he lays his concepts down so we can easily pick him up.

I was at wits end trying to organize myself into the right type of community manager for my site[...] because we are ecommerce and we about information. Marty's ideas through the chapters got me set up and I can run his lessons very efficiently without much help. Marty But Slow is Great!