The Complete Studio Recordings Box set, Original recording remastered
|New from||Used from|
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
First, unlike the 1990 4-disk box set and its 1993 2-disk supplement, you get the orignal records in the original running order, and unlike the orignal catalog releases in the 1980s, you get all the original artwork, which was previously unavailable. These original studio records include the following:
1. Led Zeppelin I (1969) - "Communications Breakdown", "Babe I'm Gonna Leave You", "Good Times Bad Times"
2. Led Zeppelin II (1969) - "Whole Lotta Love", "Thank You", "Ramble On", "Heartbreaker", "What Is and What Should Never Be"
3. Led Zeppelin III (1970) - "Immigrant Song", "Since I've Been Loving You", "Gallow's Pole"
4. "IV" (1971) - "Stairway to Heaven", "Rock and Roll", "Black Dog", "Going to California"
5. Houses of the Holy (1973) - "Over the Hills and Far Away", "Dancing Days", "D'yer Mak'er", "The Ocean"
6. Physical Graphitti (1975) (2CD) - "Kashmir", "Housses of the Holy", "Trampled Underfoot", "Black Country Woman"
7. Presence (1976) - "Nobody's Fault But Mine"
8. In Through the Out Door (1979) - "All My Love", "Fool in the Rain", "In the Evening"
9.Read more ›
THE MUSIC: Every true rock fan knows the greatness of Led Zeppelin. Every song and album is a gem, and is essential to any music collection. Everyone has heard songs such as "Whole Lotta Love," "Stairway to Heaven," "The Song Remains the Same," and "Kashmir," to name a few. There are also many not so well known great tracks here, including "Achilles Last Stand," "In My Time of Dying," "All My Love," "Bron-Y-Aur Stomp," and "Black Mountain Side," to name a few. Plus, with the album Coda, you get bonus tracks unavailable anywhere else unless you buy the other two box sets, including the non-LP B-side "Hey Hey What Can I Do," the outtake "Baby Come On Home," and the excellent songs recorded for the BBC "Travelling Riverside Blues" and "White Summer/Black Mountain Side." Once you buy one Zeppelin album, you will want to buy more, and more, and more (just ask anyone), so you may as well get it all and more now instead of buying all the albums separately and wishing you had just bought all of them this way and also gotten the great bonus tracks. Plus, though not in the short run but definitely in the long run, it is cheaper to buy all the albums this way than to buy them separately, and this way, you get more for less.Read more ›
Ok, so for Zeppelin fans that have all or most of the albums already this set is pretty much worthless. But, for someone with only two albums or someone who has lost all or most of their Zeppelin albums (me) this set is a godsend. It's almost worthless to review, because the content is well known and speaks for itself.
So then why should you buy this instead of individual albums? If you have just begun to get into the band, have liked a couple albums and want more, this set will save you money, because let's face it, you will end up with all or nearly all of these CD's anyway. The set costs significantly less than buying the albums seperately. With this set you get an interesting booklet about the band, as well as all the albums packaged nicely in a great looking, relatively small box.
The one minor, VERY minor downside to this set is that it doesn't include Zeppelins live album, The Song Remains the Same. Some people may expect this even though the title of the box is Complete STUDIO Recordings, since it was released back around the time of Physical Graffiti. It's a small incovenience that honestly I feel stupid complaining about.
In short, anyone thinking of buying this should. It will be a great investment that you will not ever regret.
That's why this collection is so great -- all the original art work is preserved along with liner notes, an extra booklet is included with a complete retrospective/overview, the CD's are all remastered from the originals (and boy does that make a difference) and you have all 10 studio albums plus some bonus tracks like Hey Hey which were only released as B sides. There's really no way you could go wrong with this set unless you own all 10 albums. I owned maybe 4 of them, but I'm still glad I have the whole set now. It's very high quality too with nice cases, artwork, and extras. A first class release all the way and a must for Zeppelin collectors.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I am so glad I bought this set. I already had the fourth individual disc and a couple of other disc with early years and later years. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Steve Schreiber
LED ZEPPLIN THE COMPLETE STUDIO RECORDINGS Anyone looking for the complete listen here it is
Led Zeppelin (disc one)
1. Read more
Talk about the reminiscing days of "Zep" live concerts and the distinct way Led really rocked for many years of big hits!Published 5 months ago by RM
Must have! Awesome collection of an awesome band. Never was a band more creative and versatile than Led Zeppelin!Published 7 months ago by TheMatrix
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- CDs & Vinyl > Classic Rock > Album-Oriented Rock (AOR)
- CDs & Vinyl > Classic Rock > Arena Rock
- CDs & Vinyl > Classic Rock > British Invasion
- CDs & Vinyl > Classic Rock > Supergroups
- CDs & Vinyl > Metal > British Metal
- CDs & Vinyl > Rock > Blues Rock
- CDs & Vinyl > Rock > Folk Rock
- CDs & Vinyl > Rock > Rock Guitarists > Guitar Gods