Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 75 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 85 reviews
on June 7, 2017
Twain has always been one of my top three favorite authors. A self-taught natural writer without pretentiousness, a keen observer of human folly, and a marvelous wit. I love the books about his own early experiences most of all - about his youth and early travels when he had a lust for life and adventure which life's later burdens and losses had not yet dulled. But to the end his mind was clear, and people still wanted to hear his opinion about world events. American culture is richer beyond measure because he lived so fully and wrote about it so brilliantly.
on September 10, 2017
I'm sure this is a wonderful collection, and Huckleberry Finn is definitely one of my favorite novels ever. Which is why, halfway into the novel, I was extremely disappointed when I noticed that entire pages were simply missing! For instance, Hamlet's soliloquy that the Duke recites to the King, the actual text on the first poster the Duke prints, the first part of the description on the town where the Boggs-Sherburn incident took place, the opening paragraphs about that circus that had come to town - are all missing! I will stop here and buy another edition in the hopes that it won't have any missing pages, like this one does. The rest of the works here may be ok, I don't know, but reading Huckleberry Finn only to find out that whole pages are missing is unacceptable!
on November 19, 2015
This is most, but not all, of Twain's work. Any works still under copyright protection aren't here and I spotted two short pieces (From The London Times of 1904 and The Esquimau Maiden's Romance) which are missing from the edition I purchased. I notified the publisher and received a reply which indicated they were somehow missed and that they had now been added to the current edition. I don't know when the update will be confirmed by or available to Amazon purchasers, but it would be nice to have them in my Kindle ebook.

As to the book itself, while I have by no means read the entire collection, I've navigated around and I've spot-read things and, on the whole, I must say I'm impressed by the quality of the collection overall. It's easy to read, on both Kindle and Kindle For PC and it's a steal at the price. I'll be buying more Delphi Collections.
on January 23, 2012
I'm baffled by the complaint about this edition. I have easily found everything I was looking for, and nothing had problems with formatting. Tom Sawyer had indented paragraphs where it should and was laid out like a normal book page. So perhaps the person who had trouble with it had a file corrupted during download. I re-read "To the Person Sitting in Darkness" this afternoon between things. It's what I like about the Kindle; I can carry a complete Mark Twain around and dip into it when I have time.

Don't hesitate to purchase this. The link to the mobi edition provided will not let anyone from the U.S. download the item. But you really don't need it. This edition is inexpensive, thorough, and easily navigated.
on July 9, 2015
This is a collection of all the works of Mark Twain. I've been enjoying rambling from one piece to another. I would highly recommend "The Gilded Age" written by Twain and his friend.Charles Dudley Warner. Twain wrote the first twelve chapters. Warner wrote the next 12. After that they evidently switched off. It's a novel about how Congress did business in the 1870s, a period marked by government corruption not unlike what we're experiencing now. At the moment I'm reading "The Innocents Abroad". Twain gives us an account of his extended cruise around the Mediterranean. Twain is wonderfully funny. I started this because I was walking a treadmill and it just popped up on my Kindle. I obviously enjoyed it. I'm about eight chapters into it.
on September 25, 2012
I was watching Tony Robinson on TV doing his Time Team show, and he mentioned that Mark Twain had visited Australia. I decided to look up his books on Amazon and discovered this complete Illustrated works of Mark Twain here for on $2.99 which I immediately downloaded. I have yet to read the books of course but I am just thrilled to have these Illustrated books on Kindle. I will write a review after I start reading the tales, of course I have read a couple of the books which I borrowed from the public library in my youth, but to have them at my fingertips is just awesome. I definitely recommend them. Thank you Amazon! I love my Kindle too! Complete Works of Mark Twain (Illustrated)
on August 4, 2014
I have reread a variety of Mark Twain's work as an adult - books like Huck Finn and Tom Sawyer are much better understood as an adult than as a teenager. I haven't finished his complete works, but this collection is well worth having. Huck Finn gives insights on both character and the thinking of the South (Missouri and places on the Mississippi) during slavery. Objections to the book because of its use of the n-word are misplaced - it talks in the vernacular of the day. Letters from Heaven and other Twain writings are invaluable. It is hard to find a better deal for 99 cents - less than a cup of coffee!
on January 14, 2014
I have read a print version of Tom Sawyer and at that time declared it to be the best book I had ever read. (Though it was probably an unwise statement to make, considering that I've read too much to distinguish any particular title as such.)

This book is flawlessly and beautifully formatted, which can be something of a rarity for eBooks, especially where public domain material is concerned. I noticed that one reviewer remarked on the poor ratings being intended for another edition. It seems a little unbelievable, but it is definitely true. For those who are likewise confused, I urge you to look inside the book before taking any definite action.

To conclude with, considering how well-put-together these editions are, I believe it's a total travesty that the publishers only get 35% commission for their material. They really ought to get 70%.
on July 12, 2013
I am very happy to have this collection which includes all the known works published during Twain's lifetime and some of the posthumous works. The table of contents is navigable and there are many illustrations. I wish the illustrations were easier to see, but I won't drop a star over that issue.
on November 8, 2012
This is a treasure trove if you enjoy Twain. Sadly, it is difficult to navigate and find your way to the novel you want to read. I recommend it if you are patient and persistent, and it only costs you $2.99 to download it as I did.