Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 305 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 436 reviews
on January 29, 2017
Okay these are great books, and it a very decent bundle. I did not experience any problems with the quality of the books or even the box other than one. Put this was a big one for me. Every single book has a sticker promoting the Netflix series on it. Not one sticker on the box. Or stickers on the inside. But a sticker on the front cover of every book. This bothered me a lot so I went to remove them. I know how to remove stickers like this as I do so with every video game I buy. However, when I did remove the stickers it peeled off the lamination! Half of my books remain unscathed but the other half have a very noticeable circle on them that looks different than the rest of the cover. Granted this could be pinned on me for trying to remove them but they shouldn't have been there to begin with. If you don't mind the stickers or you get lucky peeling them off than this is a great product. Just keep in mind the fact that there are these stickers for advertising and even without the fact that the lamination is removed, these stickers are very noticeable and take away from the cover
22 comments| 94 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 6, 2017
Great books! There were a few puncture spots in the cardboard that actually holds the books, but, it's cosmetic and did not affect the books themselves. I read another review that said the book pages were feathered. This is a feature of the books that gives them the "old" look, which I really enjoy. I think that this is a good investment if you have kids that like to read.
on March 24, 2017
The best books around! They have a great story line and each book leads into the next unfortunate event. Slowly peel off the Netflix stickers and you're golden!
on February 8, 2017
These arrived in perfect condition. As far as content, these books have a unique dark humor for children. They did start to go kind of down hill at about the ninth book when the villains became less sinister and more silly. They lost some of that dark flair that made them so interesting if slightly disquieting.
on August 3, 2017
very happy with this set! Daughter loves it. The sticker problem i have seen on previous comments was not an issue with our set. I was really worried the stickers would ruin the covers, but they must have heard all the complaints. Our books did come with stickers, but came off easily with no residue and no delamination of covers. Maybe it's because we took the stickers off the day we received? Great set!
on May 16, 2017
Books. All of the words are there.
on July 6, 2016
All time favorite for two of my children long ago. I was sorry I gave this set away. Nice to find it again as a grandmother.
on April 9, 2017
Beautiful set of hardcover books. We hope to have them for years to come. It's great to have a set at home that the children can read over and over again.
on December 15, 2016
These are excellent books! I donated them to my school library in memory of a friend's father.
on March 17, 2017
All 13 books came in perfect condition. Nothing was wrong with them. I highly recommend buying these if you want to read the entire series. My books came with a "Now a Netflix series" sticker on each of them, so if you don't mind that, then buy away.