- File Size: 1239 KB
- Print Length: 212 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: Midwest Journal Press; best 0.1 epub ver. edition (December 16, 2012)
- Publication Date: December 16, 2012
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00APM2K5Q
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#146,339 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #73 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Spirituality > Personal Growth > Personal Success
- #85 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Spirituality > Personal Growth > Transformational
- #341 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Spirituality > Personal Growth > Self-Help
|Print List Price:||$14.95|
Save $11.96 (80%)
How to Completely Change Your Life in 30 Seconds Kindle Edition
|Length: 212 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Matchbook Price: $0.99
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
- Similar books to How to Completely Change Your Life in 30 Seconds
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top Customer Reviews
But Amazon said the book was written by Earl Nightingale, one of my earliest radio heroes from the 1950s, so I said, "What the heck? It's less than a buck. I can't go wrong."
Ah, but the book is NOT by Earl Nightingale. According to page 2, the book is "edited and with introduction by Dr. Robert C. Worstell, from the works of Earl Nightingale." This book contains roughly 30 essays by Nightingale, with additions, changes, and subtractions by Worstell.
And there's the problem. When I want to read works by a master like Nightingale, I don't want to read a product that has the master's work intermingled with the thoughts and style of some editor--particularly when there's no clear indication of where the master leaves off and the editor begins.
Don't get me wrong. Worstell may be a good writer. But Nightingale is a GREAT writer. Too often, reading this book, I'd say, "That does NOT sound like something Nightingale would say." And I'd stop, look up the original on the Internet, and say, "I thought so."
Many of these essays by Earl Nightingale are available online, often at no cost. Look them up. Read the originals. Be thrilled by the phrasing, the choice of words, and the great ideas presented by Earl Nightingale. Sure, some of his language is a little old-fashioned. Shucks, much of his work was written half a century ago, back when language was not customarily gender-inclusive. But do you really need some editor to change "all mankind" to "all humans" for you, so you won't be offended? I hope not.
By the way, this is the same Robert Worstell who publishes a book called, "Just Another Publicity Excuse - How to Publish Your (Kindle) Book for Shameless Self-Promotion and Profit (A Parody)"
His three main points in THAT book are:
1. How to write a book - real quick, shallow, ghost-written.
2. How to publish your book - hire someone who does cheap kindle books, putting their name on the cover as payment.
3. How to sell a book online - using your devoted, Kool-Aid-drinking fan-base to suck-up and give you fake 5-star reviews without having read the book.
Don't waste your time on "How to Change Your Life in 30 Seconds."
On the other hand, if you'd like to look up Nightingale's essays online, here are the chapter titles from Worstell's compilation (I can't even tell which are actually essays by Nightingale and which are pieces Worstell got from someplace):
About the Earl Nightingale
The Strangest Secret
Follow Your River
How to React to Stress
Four Techniques for Creative Revolutions
The Devil's Wedge
The Profile of a Creative Person
A Commitment to Laughter
A Time to Risk or Sit
The Entrepreneurial Adventure
The Cure for Procrastination
The Great Problem-Solving Tool
Is Your Personal Corporation Growing?
Falling Isn't Failing
The Habit of Success
The $25,000 Idea
The Fog of Worry (Only 8% of Worries are Worth It)
What Is Your Intermediate Goal?
Success: A Worthy Destination
Fake It Till You Make It
It's Not the Destination
Acres of Diamonds
Don't Follow the Follower
Falling Isn't Failing ... Unless You Fail to Get Up
The Difference Between the 'Haves' & the 'Have Nots'
The Flame of Hope
Nine Steps for Solving Any Problem
Lloyd Conant: This I Believe
Is Your Destination Clear?
What Happens When You Run Out of Goals?
Napoleon Hill's Think and Grow Rich
How to Give a Great Speech
About the Author [No, this chapter is NOT about Earl Nightingale. It's about Robert Worstell]
Enjoy! Learn! And GROW!
Dr. Worstell painstakingly studied and transcribed The Strangest Secret by Earl Nightengale, which became a best seller, selling a million copies. The transcription was a labor of love.
The book explains how someone without anything, start from scratch and become a big success. The core message of the book is a popular sentence which has been repeated by tens of thousands of people, like a mantra, in an attempt to change their lives. The phrase is “We become what we think about.
The book uses quotation from outstanding figures to give substance and credibility, to that amazing sentence, “We become what we think about.” Figures such as Disraeli, Ralph Waldo Emerson, Norman Vincent Peale, as well as from religious writings such as the bible.
It is no longer a secret that if you think in negative terms you will get negative results. If you think in positive terms you will get negative results.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Religion & Spirituality
- Books > Self-Help > Personal Transformation
- Books > Self-Help > Self-Esteem
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Spirituality > Personal Growth > Personal Success
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Spirituality > Personal Growth > Self-Help
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Spirituality > Personal Growth > Transformational
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Self-Help > Self-Esteem