Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Customer reviews

95%

Showing 1-10 of 13 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 21 reviews
on May 4, 2016
Completing the Wheel takes us on a journey of self-identity which awakens the fire that burns inside us. The book helps us reflect on who we are and what holds us back from being ourselves and feeling fulfilled. We must continuously challenge ourselves to break from our routine and enhance our creative spoke. We must look for that creative juice that is flowing inside us which is trying to release itself. It’s a trip down memory lane beginning with what we enjoyed as children that we no longer do because we feel we are too old. What ignited that flame of curiosity and creativity for us as children? Asking ourselves questions and bringing to light those experiences that changed us. By providing examples of his own experience, the writer allows our minds to go back in time and helps awaken our own memories; memories which can help bring closure to why we feel and act a certain way. It’s a reflection on our decisions in life and what part of us we have ignored. Which spokes we have not fined tuned and is causing the unbalance in our lives. Completing the wheel encourages us to dream, use our imagination and take the leap forward; to jump into something new.
on May 9, 2016
"Completing the Wheel" is a mirror that help "see" and discover the beauty, the wonders and the abilities in ourselves. Written in a clear, simple and honest language, the author shares his personal experiences that are true inspirations for the he reader. The exercises at the end of each chapter are well named "Striking the Match' for they challenge in a friendly way: they spark a lot of positiveness! I particularly liked how the author wrapped up this journey of self-discovery on eight necessary qualities to complete one's wheel: they are the raw materials that everyone has - they only need to be worked on to get results. Sometimes, we feel that we miss "something" in our lives... and this book is a path to help bridge the gap! A really great reading!
on May 1, 2017
Completing the Wheel had ten chapters, each of which contained a different theme and lesson for the reader. Each lesson was shared through the lens of the author’s personal experiences and each lesson was meant for the reader to reflect upon, so that they may better themselves and their own lives. The author shared both happy moments and struggles of his life, then shared the results of his decisions, while tying in how important it is to remain sharp, creative, and aware in order to remain balanced in your own wheel.
on January 18, 2015
Completing the Wheel is such an amazing book. It's fluent and let you want to read in one breath. You can easily identify yourself in the narration, and in the author's stories. His challenges, fears, failures are not different from the ones each of us happen to face. The book encourages you to open your mind to explore, to be creative, to pay attention to your surroundings, to capture the moment, to realize how often we like just to sit and wait for events to happen. It's important to win the fear of failures and try. If we try and want something we can get there. We cannot be negative. Our positive thought will attract positive events, and even if we fail, we stand up and try again. We need to find our own space, our balance, our focus in life, we need to free our mind and let our thoughts fly! Inspirational book. I loved it.
on February 6, 2014
Completing the Wheel by Warren Dittmar is a marvelous reading. Throughout the pages and chapters, the author instructs us on how we ought to explore our creativeness. Each chapter of this book is a continuity of the previous and all are combined together to give us a well-rounded education and guidance to our steps toward imagination, adventure and creativity. It allows us to dig inside our hub and find the restraints that hold us back from being whole and joyful. It also helps us to remember or realize things that we forgot a long time ago and that surrounding us every day. It makes us become sensible to little things and open our appetite to more knowledge about creativeness. This book is great and well written; I will advise anyone to read it because it is good for personal and professional growth.
on April 10, 2013
Completing the Wheel is a book that teaches us to face our fears, be creative and also explore the things in life that we haven't yet encountered. People can start up creativity by reviewing their past memories, which is a great way to really help with someone's emotions. Creativity can guide a person who is lost and put them on the right path. One of the most important things said in this book is that we cannot have fear in our minds if we intend to reach our goals because when doubt creeps in our minds we begin to second guess ourselves and drift away from who we are. This is a great book that can guide anyone who reads it to their creative being because everyone has the ability to be creative and once they find that creativity, the possibilities are endless.
on May 2, 2015
I have had, at least, 10 of my acquaintances purchase this book. I cannot explain how many key points Dittmar hit that I struggle with on a daily basis. It honestly is a great self improvement text that everyone should read. "Confusion" & "Exploring New Routes" are by far my favorites. I now regularly write & review my goals & have even established an art wall in my apartment. Thank you for helping me gain insight into another part of myself.
on October 27, 2011
I really like this book, it helped me to go back to the activities I enjoyed as painting. It open my eyes to pay attemption to the environment and see simple thing like a flower that was in my own yard i never seen. I recommended it to everyone.
on November 23, 2013
I like the book. It has many stories which are real in live. This book give an inspiring and motivate moments. I recommended if you seeking something motivative.
on August 8, 2010
This book analyzes and encourages your creative impulses with comprehesive (and simple) exercises. The author uses the experiences from his personal and professional life to illustrate the creative process as well as the growth of a personality. He is refreshingly honest about his own painful life beginnings and the miracle of becoming the loving, caring and creative person he is today. Areas of creativity and of life must be in balance to work properly, and so the image of the wheel that he uses throughout the book works perfectly. Among the zillions of self-help books I've explored, this one ranks among the best. (Alas, it would probably sell better if it had a few recipes.) Even non-believers in self-help books would find this one useful.