- File Size: 1309 KB
- Print Length: 83 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: My Secret Quill (January 2, 2014)
- Publication Date: January 2, 2014
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00AD9WJKW
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #384,427 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Complicated Affairs ~ A Gay Victorian Romance and Erotic Novella Kindle Edition
Browse award-winning titles. See more
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top Customer Reviews
she creates all those intriguing plots with potentially great characters but she keeps her stories far, far too short to allow the narrative and the characters adequate room to develop.
This is true for this story as well but this time it is particularly damaging. Sebastian, Carl, Octavia and Evans are potentially delightful watercolours but they all would have needed many more pages to achieve completion. Their story is nearly devoid of events and with so little character development they end by being rather colourless.
Writing is also a little rougher than it should and our author still has not got the knack for the correct way to address British gentility -quite a major issue in victorian romances-.
The plot is simple but executed with precision, talent and wit. There are two amazing flawed, yet beautiful men who are so very different that you wonder how the author is going to make it work. Her stories are always wonderful in their detailed descriptions and elegant phrasing. It allows the reader to easily visualize every place and situation, to absorb the ambience and live each emotion. And here again, you cannot help but be involved in the character's life and all these elements combine to make the story all the more credible.
Where Sebastian Cox is a charming rakehell, a gamester who drinks too much and who doesn't care for his lovers, Carl Whitmore is a very private gentleman who has chosen to more or less withdraw from society. He came back from war wounded and with a broken heart. One man is all boldness and rather wild while the other is all discretion and restraint.
It all begins like a game of seduction for Sebastian, one is the hunter, the other is the prey or is it the other way round? There are misunderstandings, misconception, mistakes, confusion, burning and explosive passion ... in the end there's hope for more, maybe love and trust ... who knows?
It was sweet, romantic and hot with a very satisfying ending and all this is tastefully written. A great read! I give 4 stars.
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Gay & Lesbian > Literature & Fiction > Erotica > Gay
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Erotica > Historical
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Erotica > Victorian
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Erotica > Historical
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Erotica > LGBT > Gay
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Erotica > Romantic Erotica
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Historical Romance > Victorian