|Hardware Platform||PC or Linux|
|Operating System||Compatible with Windows XP and Linux|
|Item Weight||1.6 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||8.5 x 6.9 x 1.5 inches|
|Computer Memory Type||DDR SDRAM|
fit-PC Slim Diskless
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
Customers Also Shopped For
Top Customer Reviews
Some remarks for the people thinking of purchasing this or one of the other varieties:
- Be aware that it is not a one-to-one replacement for your desktop. For simple tasks it runs OK (surfing/web browsing, simple video play)more complex tasks will not run practical (Truecrypt initial encryption of internal/external harddisks takes days, network is only 100Mb). Electricity use is low with 5Watts under full load (strangely the product becomes way more then lukewarm during use which acc. to Compulab is OK).
- It is very much a startup product kind of thing. Support is geared towards more technically inclined people, if you are able to build together your own PC from scratch, this might be OK for you. You must install an OS to the machine or pay a fee to order one pre-installed which might make the initial price come into the realm of a nettop or the like (which in general has a better performance but higher electricity useage around 50 Watts). BIOS is specifically geared towards the useage and possibilities of the machine and there is no explanation on many of the possible settings.
- User community is either small or not very talkative as is clear from the website forum. Many questions are or will be answered, some more specific ones not.
In short, you need the FIT-PC if:
- You need ultimate low energy consumption (5 Watts full load)
- Running low CPU power applications.
- You are computer literate and not afraid to experiment with settings in the BIOS.
I am happy with the product most probably due to the specific use I have: server to a home network making external connections possible.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
If you are looking for a low cost, low power, little giant, this is it.
I am running XP Pro no issues. The wattage allows me to run on batteries for nearly 10 hrs. Read more
I got my first one of these to run a Meteohub weather server (attached to a Davis VP2 weather station). Read morePublished on March 25, 2010 by J. Hodges
It's a fully-working PC; it may not be fast but it's completely silent and uses less than 10W of power. Read morePublished on February 18, 2010 by Mr Stonky