- Paperback: 592 pages
- Publisher: Pearson; 3 edition (April 9, 2004)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0131134132
- ISBN-13: 978-0131134133
- Product Dimensions: 7.1 x 1.5 x 9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2.6 pounds
- Average Customer Review: 4.1 out of 5 stars See all reviews (13 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #539,223 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Computer Integrated Manufacturing (3rd Edition) 3rd Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Featured IT certification guides sponsored by Pearson. Learn more.
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
From the Publisher
Vital to today's manufacturing processes, this book shows how CIM fits into the current manuafacturing systems and how the technology is used to solve real-world industrial problems. This is the only technology level text in Computer-Integrated Manufacturing. --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
From the Back Cover
Understanding the operation of a comprehensive CIM solution requires knowledge of traditional manufacturing practices, a look at the current state of CIM, and consideration of how technology and operating procedures may change in the future. The integration of product design techniques and manufacturing fundamental principles, along with a look at changing operations and information systems that support CIM throughout the enterprise, make Computer-Integrated Manufacturing unique.
This text is written to provide the technologist or engineer with a complete overview of the computer-integrated enterprise. It effectively accomplishes this goal by:
- describing the different types of manufacturing systems or production strategies used by industries worldwide, and showing how the technology is used to solve actual industrial problems
- going beyond the description of automated machines and software solutions to discuss all factors necessary for a successful CIM implementation
- discussing the impact of CIM on all major elements of an enterprise–product design, shop floor technology, and manufacturing production and operational control systems
- providing a convincing argument for implementing CIM so that the enterprise will be competitive in the global market
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top Customer Reviews
Turns out, the author takes a good look at where the 1980's effort failed and what the focus, (at least at the time of publication), should be.