Salon Beauty Summer Reading Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Introducing Fire TV Cube Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on October 7, 2011
We use this for everything!

Laminating maps for hunting trips, covering paperback books, craft projects, floor protector, etc...

For laminating paper it works well, it is sticky enough that if you leave a space around the edges of what you are laminating (a border where the sticky sides meet) it won't peel off and leave you hanging. However, if you make a mistake while laminating you can still carefully peel it up and repostion without tearing the paper (That's regular printer paper, I am not sure newsprint of tissue paper would fare as well. Dry erase and wet erase Expo Vis-A-Vis Wet Erase Markers, 8 Colored Markers (16078) markers also work well with this, if you are laminating maps or other items that you may want to write on.

It makes an excelent book cover, protecting books from sticky fingers, coffee drips, etc. and adding some extra stability to the cover. Again it can be removed (carefully) from book covers.

We have been using this for years and haven't had any issues with yellowing or peeling, and it has always been relatively easy to remove without leaving behind any residue.
6 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on August 19, 2013
This is the second time I am ordering this product. Thought I would give it a second chance. Again, it tends to separate after sitting for a while. I don't think it's the humidity because it is in a dry and cool place. This time I decided to keep it rolled up until usage. I find that when it is flatten out and allowed to sit for a while it bubbles and began to separate. The project that I am using it for requires it to set for a period of time before it is use. I need it because it is matte and the sticking feature works great. It allows me to place it and remove it if need be without losing a great deal of its adhering capabilities.
One person found this helpful
on January 29, 2011
I don't know much about contact paper. I bought this off of the reviews from the 4 other people at the time and they all had great things to say. I needed it for homemade birthday decorations that I was putting on a glass sliding door. I made the decorations and applied them to the sticky side of the contact paper and left a half 1/4 inch border so it would stick. It worked perfectly. I also made decorations to put on my mailbox and used the same technique. I would recommend this to anyone for a similar project. Although, I didn't use it on painted walls, it does seem like it would pull off clean.
3 people found this helpful
on October 8, 2016
This will work for what I need but I wish there was no writing on the peel because it blocks my tracing of stencil for my stained glass project. The local store did not carry it and the price was ok, nothing great.
One person found this helpful
on July 8, 2010
I bought this product to cover several windows as a privacy screen of sorts. It worked great for this purpose - it lets in a lot of light, but obscures the view into my bedroom with an attractive, frosted glass look. It is a little challenging to apply without bubbles, but you get a lot of the stuff on one roll, so there is room to flub up once or twice and still cover several windows completely. I've also found it removes cleanly and easily from glass after over a year of application (no adhesive residue or anything), so it can be used in apartments or places where permanence would otherwise be a problem. Overall, I can't recommend this product more - it's far cheaper than products designed specifically for windows, but works exactly the same! It's also useful for covering books or surfaces that take a lot of abuse.
18 people found this helpful
on June 23, 2011
I recently purchased a somewhat expensive composite computer desk/hutch that looks -exactly- like wood from every angle, but is in fact mostly particle board, but of the highest quality.

Spending a lot of time in front of the computer means having my forearms on the front surface(s) of the desk, where the less-than-paper-thin fake wood laminate is failing along where the desktop meets the edge binding.

Carefully cleaning the surface with a slightly base solution of water and baking soda to neutralize acids from my hands and arms, I dried everything well, cut a section of this plastic, and carefully laid it down, being careful to work out any bubbles. It looks fantasic! And it is protecting my desktop from further deterioration. It is just sticky enough to stay in place, and can be easily lifted off for repositioning, replacement or removal.

Excellent product - for the right application.
7 people found this helpful
on July 24, 2011
I used it to frost some windows for added privacy and a better look. I imagine the more expensive stuff may look better up close, but this is a very good value. Pretty easy to install. If I encountered any bubbles I would just poke a tiny hole to let the air vent out. Good frosted look, see my pic.
review imagereview image
4 people found this helpful
on September 17, 2015
Works well for window privacy. We have narrow long windows between our front door. You cannot see through from the outside. Easy to cut and install. Has gridline on the backing for easy cutting and measuring.
on March 11, 2017
I like how the lining is thick and is easy to apply and take off. Great product
on January 29, 2010
I love this stuff. I cover all of the travel guides, field guides, and other books that get used frequently with it. It doesn't change the look of the book (or other item) and yet keeps it looking new and adds years and years to its life. I have been to 10 stores looking for it. Why does no one sell it anymore? I can only find in on-line... a real pity.
16 people found this helpful