Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Conair Cuisinart DTC-975BKN 12 Cup Programmable Thermal Brewer (Black)
|Price:||$82.99 & FREE Shipping. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Fully automatic coffeemaker with 24-hour programmability
- 12-cup (5 Ounce) double-wall insulated stainless-steel carafe
- Patented brew-through and pour-through lid keeps air out and coffee fresh and hot for hours
- Instruction booklet included. Please clean the valve regularly, especially if using flavored coffees as they can cause the brew pause to stick.
- Product Built to North American Electrical Standards
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Cuisinart DTC-975BKN Thermal 12-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker
With 24-hour programmability, this coffeemaker lets you choose when to brew. The unit automatically shuts off and has an audible beep when brew cycle is complete. The convenient Brew Pause feature lets you enjoy a cup during the brewing cycle and the easy to read water level indicator takes the guesswork out of measuring. It’s large capacity thermal carafe keeps up to 12 cups of coffee hot and fresh and features a patented Brew Through / Pour Through Lid that seals out air and seals in flavor.
The Quest for the Perfect Cup of Coffee
Element 1: Water
Coffee is 98% water. The quality of that water is as important as the quality of your coffee. If water doesn’t taste good from the tap, it won’t taste good in your coffee.
Element 2: Coffee
While coffee is 98% water, all of the flavor comes from the beans. To achieve the same great taste you enjoy at a coffee bar, you need to use the same quality of coffee. If you choose to grind your own beans, buy them fresh and whole. Buy only about a two-week supply at a time, because once the bean is broken, its flavor degrades quickly.
Element 3: Grind
The grind is critical for proper flavor extraction. If the grind is too fine, over-extraction and bitterness will result. Too fine a grind may also clog the filter. If grind is too coarse, the water will pass through too quickly and the maximum flavor will not be extracted. When grinding your own beans, we recommend a medium-fine grind.
Element 4: Proportion
Coffee that is too strong or too weak is always a disappointment. Follow the recommended portions of ground coffee in the instructions under Brewing Coffee, and later adjust the amount to suit your taste.
Note: The maximum capacity for ground coffee is 15 scoops (15 tablespoons) for this 60-ounce (twelve 5-ounce cups) coffeemaker. Exceeding this amount may cause overflow. Do not fill above the 12-cup mark.
Features and Benefits
- Brew-Through/Pour-Through Lid: Allows coffee to brew in and pour out of carafe without opening or adjusting. Keeps coffee hot and flavorful for hours.
- Reservoir Cover: Simply lift to fill with water. Close cover once water has been added.
- Filter Basket: Swings open for easy insertion of coffee filter.
- Water Window: Magnified markings indicate water needed to make corresponding cups of coffee.
- Brew Pause: Stops flow of water from basket when carafe is removed from heater plate, so a cup can be poured during brewing cycle.
- Auto-Brew Cycle: Program time to brew.
- ON Indicator Light: Illuminates when power is on.
- Stainless Double-Wall Thermal Insulated Carafe
- LCD Readout
Tips & Hints
- Before first use, flush out your coffeemaker. To do so, fill the reservoir with cold water and follow the directions for Brew Pause. Do not add coffee during this process. Once the system flush is complete, your coffeemaker is ready to brew.
- Coffee contains oils that can build up on your carafe. For best performance, wash carafe and wipe pour spout clean after each use.
To prevent overflow:
- Only fill water to the 12-cup mark.
- Only use one paper filter or a gold tone filter - never both.
- Ensure the carafe lid is on correctly.
- Check to make sure the coffee is not too fine.
Compare to Similar Items
This item: Conair Cuisinart DTC-975BKN 12 Cup Programmable Thermal Brewer (Black)
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Material||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Plastic||Plastic|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
Top Customer Reviews
Reviewer: R. Wilner (Metro Detroit) - See all my reviews
I wish Amazon had 1/2 stars, because I would have given 4 1/2. I almost gave it a 5 star rating, but the lid may bug some people. I will admit that the lid MUST be placed in a perfect position, but how to do it is no mystery. Clearly etched in the top of the lid are the words "Open" "Close" and "Pour." If you put the lid on so that the word "Pour" is directly over the spout, it's no problem. When you go to screw on the lid, just make sure that the word "Pour" starts out over the spout and when it's closed, it will end up there. No big deal. My guess is, the people who have given negative reviews about the lid were impatient with it.
My reason for buying this coffee-maker was the 12-OUNCE thermal carafe. This was one of the only coffee-makers I saw with a 12oz carafe as opposed to an 8 or 10 ounce. This was a huge selling point for me. As someone who nurses a whole pot a coffee a day, I also was attracted to the fact that I read it keeps coffee hot for so long.
I have had the coffee-maker for over a month now, and I am NOT disappointed! I have not had one single overflow incident and I have had no problems. I suspect that those with overflow problems overfilled the reservoir or didn't pay attention to how they put the lid on.
One thing I must share with those of you considering this coffee-maker. One day I made a pot of coffee and I forgot about it. The next day, approximately 36 hours later, I remembered I had made coffee the previous day, so I figured I'd pour a cup and microwave it. Microwaving was unnecessary. The coffee came out STEAMING hot. As if I had just made it!Read more ›
Sure enough, the pot was defective in a couple of ways.
1. The instruction booklet says to _fill_ the carafe and pour it into the reservoir. The carafe holds twelve cups and the reservoir holds the same before the small hole in back below the hinge dumps any excess on your counter, so in theory it's impossible to over fill. So far, so good - but the guy at Cuisinart who designed this pot apparently skipped his junior high science class the day they described how water expands when it is heated.
Twelve cups of cold tap water expands to about twelve and a half cups when it is raised to boiling. So, if you fill the reservoir according to instructions and heat the water, the carafe will overflow onto your counter every single time. Only fill it to the top of the stainless part.
2. There's another reason that it randomly barfs hot coffee all over your counter that is not related to the problem related above. I spent a few hours testing my pot with just water (no coffee) to figure out what was going on. It worked perfectly twice, and put hot water on the counter about a dozen times, starting anywhere from when the carafe was half full to almost full. Suddenly the water would stop running into the carafe as though it was plugged up and start spilling over the side. I took the (patent pending!) lid completely apart to see if something might be getting jammed.Read more ›
The short version: I am very pleased with this coffee maker and am happy I purchased it. There are a couple of minor concerns, but with a bit of knowledge you can safely purchase this coffee maker.
- Very solid construction and carafe. Good overall look and feel.
- The carafe keeps coffee hot all day. A huge plus. I only get carafe style (no warmer) coffee makers, and this is one of the best I've used.
- Simple and easy programmable auto-brew functionality.
- The fill container has a very easy to read measuring line, making filling it to a desired level very easy and convenient. A bonus I didn't know I was missing until I got this machine.
- Pretty slow brewing. Takes 15-20 minutes to brew a full pot.
- Does not come with the filter basket. Make sure you purchase one when you order. It is well worth it, and way better than paper filters.
- It is a slow pourer. You may think "well come on, how much of a hurry are you in?" But when you fill travel size mugs, you really notice how slow it is. It is not a deal breaker, just letting you know.
- The big one: SPILLAGE! Yes, this happened, but it can be avoided.
The Spillage: I'd read all about the complaints - "It overflowed all over my counter", "made a huge mess", "worst coffee maker ever", and so I was concerned. At first some people were chalking it up to not putting the lid of the carafe on properly.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I am a coffee lover and this is the best coffee maker I have ever owned. I've had nothing but great pots of coffee. If I wear it out I will purchase another.Published 16 hours ago by Jody Vrieze
This coffee maker is fabulous. The coffee stays hot in the thermal longer than any thermal I have owned.Published 3 days ago by Margaret Madson-brown
We love this pot! It brews a full 12cups and the thermal carafe is great. The beep at the end of the brew cycle is louder than most.Published 3 days ago by D. Gray
For a week we had absolutely delicious coffee. Then the machine completely disintegrated--coffee overflowing everywhere, from the drip basket and the mouth of the carafe. Read morePublished 7 days ago by Nancy
Only coffee maker we use! It's amazing and keeps your coffee hot all day if you wantedPublished 7 days ago by christina
this coffee pot keeps the coffee pretty hot for a long time. It has been great to enjoy a cup of coffee this hot as to compare with other pot I've previous owned.Published 7 days ago by Amazon Customer
Makes great coffee when it works, however it randomly barfs coffee grounds and hot coffee all over the counter top. Read morePublished 7 days ago by Amy K. Miller
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
See the Top Rated coffee makers in our Coffee Maker Reviews.