Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Conair Cuisinart EM-100 1.66 Quart Stainless Steel..." and save 72% off the $325.00 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Conair Cuisinart EM-100 1.66 Quart Stainless Steel Espresso Maker
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Espresso maker with 15 bars of pressure for perfect coffee drinks
- Brews 1 to 2 cups from either ground espresso or pods
- 53-ounce removable reservoir; porta-filter holder; cup-warming plate
- Steam nozzle; frothing cup; removable drip tray; tamping tool included
- Product Built to North American Electrical Standards
- Note : Please check user manual ( Page number 2 and 3), trouble shooting document and Video for set up and trouble shooting steps for the usage and set up instructions for smooth usage of the product.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
Compare to similar items
This item Conair Cuisinart EM-100 1.66 Quart Stainless Steel Espresso Maker
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Top Home & Technology TAX FREE||Top Home & Technology TAX FREE||Amazon.com||OneDealOutlet Online||Buy DMi Inc||Amazon.com|
|Color||Silver||Stainless Steel||Black||Stainless Steel||Black||Black|
|Material Type||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Plastic||Stainless Steel||Glass||Steel|
Imagine a cup of your favorite espresso, cappuccino or latte - hot, rich, fresh and flavorful- anytime you want it. The stainless steel Cuisinart Espresso Maker is the real thing and looks like the professional it is. Make espresso in your own kitchen, then use the stainless steam nozzle and frothing cup to turn it into cappuccino or latte. You can even heat the cups on the warming plate on top-just like the pros! 15 bars of pressure guarantee perfect results!
From the Manufacturer
The Cuisinart EM-100 Espresso Maker
Cuisinart lets you prepare gourmet quality espresso at home! With a system that allows you to pre-select serving size, 15 bars of pressure for maximum flavor and the option of using ground espresso or pods, you're in control. A separate steam function and stainless steel nozzle make it easy to froth milk for cappuccinos and smooth lattes. With a removable drip tray and cover, and a filter holder with a locking mechanism clean up is quick and easy.
The Quest for a Perfect Espresso
It is generally agreed that there are four basic elements critical to the perfect cup:
Element 1: WATER
When brewing espresso, make sure the water flows through the filter at the correct pace. The water flow can be adjusted by varying the pressure with which the coffee is taped in the filter or by altering the grind of coffee. If the speed of the water is slow the coffee will be over extracted and will be very dark and bitter, with a spotted and uneven creme (froth) on the top. If the speed of the water flow is too fast, the coffee will be under-extracted and the supreme flavor will not develop. The coffee will be diluted and there will be an inadequate amount of crème on the top.
Element 2: COFFEE
While the bulk of the liquid is water, all of the flavor should be from the coffee. To achieve the same great quality of coffee you receive at a cafe, you need to use the same quality beans. If you choose to grind your own beans, buy the beans fresh and whole, only about a two week supply at a time for maximum freshness. Once the coffee bean is broken, its flavor degrades very quickly. If it is not practical to buy smaller supplies, we recommend you separate larger amounts of beans and store them in airtight containers in a cool, dry area. They should not be kept for longer than 1 month as flavor will diminish. Do not refrigerate or freeze coffee beans.
Element 3: GRIND
The grind of the coffee is critical for proper flavor extraction. If using a pre-ground coffee, be sure to purchase an espresso grind that is specifically for espresso/cappuccino machines. If the grind is too fine, over extraction and bitterness will occur with a spotted and uneven crema on top. If the grind is too coarse, the water will pass through too rapidly and there will be an inadequate amount of crema on the top of the espresso.
Element 4: TAMPING THE COFFEE GROUNDS
If you choose to use ground espresso instead of pods, tamping the coffee is a very important part of the coffee making process. Use the scoop supplied to fill the filter basket, then using the tamping tool, tamp down the grounds with moderate pressure. Add more coffee and tamp again if necessary to bring coffee to level. Do not overfill the filter basket. The ground coffee should be tamped with moderate pressure. If the coffee is not tamped securely, there is a chance the water will flow through the coffee to rapidly and the coffee will be under-extracted. Note: if the coffee is tamped too firmly, the water will flow through the coffee too slowly and the coffee will be over-extracted.
Features and Benefits
- Water reservoir lid
- Removable 53-ounce water reservoir
- Large cup warming plate
- 15-bar pump
- Heating light: Will illuminate indicating that espresso machine is adjusting the temperature of the heating system.
- Steam/Hot water knob: To use the hot water function, the Steam/Hot Water Knob must be turned the 'double drip' setting.
- Function knob: Three settings - steam, hot water, make coffee.
- Portafilter holder: Can be used with ground or pod espresso. Has two positions, lock and unlock, for ease of cleaning.
- Brew head: For easy fit of the portafilter holder.
- Commercial steam wand: Use to steam milk for cappuccinos and lattes.
- Removable drip tray: Removable drip tray with grate.
- Cleaning pins: Used to clean any excess milk that gets stuck inside the steam wand or any coffee particles that get stuck inside the filter basket.
- Stainless frothing pitcher: Used for steaming milk for cappuccinos and lattes.
- Measuring scoop/tamping tool: Use one side as a coffee scoop and the other to compact the coffee grounds in the filter basket prior to brewing.
- Filter baskets: Use the one cup filter for a single espresso and the two cup filter basket for the double espresso, and the pod filter basket for espresso pods.
Guide to the Perfect Espresso
- You may want to preheat the cups by filling them with hot water; this will help preserve the crema of the espresso. Set the cups aside.
- Select the appropriate filter basket and insert it in the portafilter handle.
- Using the measuring scoop place finely ground coffee in the filter basket holder. Use one scoop for one cup and two scoops for two cups, or place espresso pod into filter basket holder.
- Rest the portafilter handle with the filter basket in position on the countertop. Using the tamping tool, apply moderate packing pressure. Add more coffee and tamp again if necessary to bring coffee to level.
- Brush any excess grounds form around the edge of the filter basket.
- Secure the portafilter holder onto the brew head.
- Check to see if the espresso machine is ready for use. Remember that if the heating light is on, the espresso machine is still adjusting the temperature of the heating system. Turn the function knob clockwise to the picture of the cup espresso setting to start the pour and turn it back to the off position to stop.
- Check the espresso pour and serve immediately.
Guide to Milk Texturing
Milk texturing is the steaming of milk. The steam does two things: it heats the milk and mixes air with the milk to form a creamy texture. As with learning to make an espresso, perfecting the art of milk texturing takes time and practice. Easy to follow steps are outlined in the Instruction Booklet.
Using the Hot Water Function
When using the hot water function make sure that the steam/hot water knob is in the double drip hot water setting.
Place the cup or container under the steam/hot water nozzle and turn the function knob to the steam/hot water setting. Once you have dispensed the required amount, stop the hot water by turning the function knob to the off position. Remove the cup or container and swing the steam/hot water wand over the drip tray to catch any drips of water.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
A few tips for success:
1. keep it clean - I use the steamer to flush the device with boiling water then use the water on a towel to wipe off leftover milk on the nozzle. Make sure to remove all milk from this nozzle as it will cake up and burn on the next few uses then it is really hard to remove. Also if left too long (as I learned!) the steam will stop working properly. Also clean the coffee filter and screen above with a damp cloth and use vinegar about once a month or two. Don't use soap or other chemicals.
2. Use a good coffee grind - if you grind your own coffee and like an espresso grind, don't grind it to a fine powder as it will all end up in your cup. Grind the beans so they are mostly uniformly ground but not quite a fine powdery grind.
3. If you find that the coffee is not hot enough after putting milk in, run your coffee cup or pitcher under hot water (or use boiling water from the steamer) so your cup is hot before adding the coffee. You can also set the cup on the top of the unit after turning it on and let warm up for about 5-10 minutes. I can't wait that long for coffee in the morning so I opt for the hot water method - I also use a small metal pitcher that I purchased at a local hardware store but you can also purchase one on Amazon.
For the low price, this unit has proven to be incredibly worth the low cost!
The only reason I am giving it 4 instead of 5 stars is because it is much noisier than expected, which we are getting used to and don't mind as much as we did when it arrived. It also has a great tutorial dvd that comes with to teach you how to use the machine and make a handful of the most common espresso beverages. The DVD explains everything except for how long to run the espresso when brewing a shot, so you will have to play with it and figure that part out but other than those to 2 cons, the pros out weigh those greatly.
Now that we've gotten comfortable with the functions on our new espresso machine we are as happy as could be!
We would recommend this to anyone who loves espressos!
If you're new to the espresso machine like I was- at first it seems like it's a lot of work, but it gets easier to use over time.
A basic tip that is NOT in the instructions or ANY of the reviews I scoured through is... once you turn the knob on/ to the left to brew your espresso HOW DO YOU KNOW EXACTLY WHEN TO TURN IT OFF? Because it is a "manual" machine, and if your water reservoir is full- the espresso liquid will continue to pour through until you turn the knob back to the right/ turn it off. For instance, if you're brewing the espresso straight into a regular coffee mug and not one of the little fancy demitasse mugs you'll still need to stop it before it fills up otherwise the espresso will not be very strong, etc. And then there's the peril of stopping it too soon.
So, I recommend measuring out the "exact' amount needed for one or two shots of espresso by using an actual shot glass. Fill the shot glass with water, pour it into your mug (repeat for two shots, if it is your preference) mark the water line by whatever method you see fit. Now in the future when you go to make your espresso you know exactly when to turn the knob off to measure out a true shot (or two) of espresso. I found that the crema (which is a great indicator of whether or not you're getting the proper consistency of tamping your grinds into the filters, and also how you know if the espresso is extracting the good stuff ;)) is PERFECT when I stop it at the line indicated for the shot measurements.
All in all, it's an excellent machine. I bought a Mr. Coffee Espresso machine initially and lucky for me it didn't work, so I spent the extra money and got this little beauty instead!
Most recent customer reviews
We had it for more than a year and this one is a gift for our friends just because we love it !
Highly recommend it!