Safety WarningCaution: never allow the power supply cord to be pulled, twisted, or severely bent. Never wrap the cord tightly around the appliance. Damage will occur at the high flex point of entry into the appliance, causing it to rupture and short. Inspect the cord frequently for damage. Stop use immediately if damage is visible or if unit stops or operates intermittently.
Warning: if you think the power is off when the switch is off, you're wrong.
Keep away from water.
Everyone knows that electricity and water are a dangerous combination. But did you know that an electric appliance is still electrically live even if the switch is off? If the plug is in, the power is on. So when you are not using your appliances, keep them unplugged.
Always unplug small appliances.
Important safety instructions: when using electrical appliances, especially when children are present, basic safety precautions should always be followed, including the following:
Read all instructions before using keep away from water.
Danger-any appliance is electrically live even when the switch is off. To reduce the risk of death by electric shock:
1. Always unplug appliance immediately after using.
2. Do not use while bathing or in a shower.
3. Do not place or store appliance where it can fall or be pulled into a tub or sink.
4. Do not place in, or drop into water or other liquids.
5. If an appliance falls into water, unplug it immediately. Do not reach into the water.
Warning - to reduce the risk of burns, electrocution, fire, or injury to persons:
1. This appliance should never be left unattended when plugged in.
2. Do not pull, twist, or wrap line cord around appliance, even during storage.
3. This appliance should not be used by, on or near children or individuals with certain disabilities.
4. Use this appliance only for its intended use, as described in this manual. Do not use attachments not recommended by the manufacturer.
5. Never operate this appliance if it has a damaged cord or plug, if it is not working properly or if it has been dropped or damaged, or dropped into water. Return the appliance to an authorized service center for examination and repair.
6. Keep the cord away from heated surfaces.
7. Never use while sleeping.
8. Never drop or insert any object into any opening or hose.
9. Do not use outdoors or operate where aerosol (spray) products are being used or where oxygen is being administered.
10. Unit is hot when in use. Do not let heated surfaces touch eyes or skin.
11. Do not place the heated unit directly on any surface while it is hot or plugged in.
12. Never block the air openings of the appliance or place on a soft surface such as a bed or couch, where the air openings may be blocked. Keep the air openings free of lint and other debris.
13. Do not use an extension cord with this appliance.
14. Do not touch hot surfaces of the appliance. Use handles or knobs.
15. Before plugging in, read the information about dual voltage contained in the instruction section of this manual.
16. Do not attempt to touch the housing of your appliance near the straightening plates, as it is hot when in use.
Warning: the flat iron's ceramic-coated plates will get very hot within a few seconds and should not be placed in contact with the skin after the flat iron has been turned on. Start with a hair section that is 2 inches (5 cm) wide and no more than 1/2 inch (1.25 cm) thick. Open the iron and place a hair section between the two hot plates, close to the scalp. Trap hair between the plates by firmly squeezing the handles together. While maintaining the tension, slowly pull the iron down along the hair section toward the end. At the end of hair section, release the pressure on the handle and allow the hair to slide out. Repeat process on additional sections of hair until you achieve the hair style you desire. It may be necessary to repeat process on certain areas, depending on the texture of your hair. Some experience is necessary when learning to use this flat iron. After using the iron several times, you will learn the ideal way to straighten and style your hair easily.
For faster styling results, we have added a unique optional Turbo Heat® on/off feature. Press the Turbo Heat button to deliver up to 20 degrees C/36 degrees F more heat in the highest setting, for maximum styling performance.
Note: please refer to the temperature setting guide for heat settings.
DirectionsUser maintenance: your flat iron is virtually maintenance free. No lubrication is needed. Keep all vents and openings clear of dirt and dust. If cleaning becomes necessary, disconnect the unit from the power source, allow to cool and wipe exterior with a cloth. If any abnormal condition occurs, unplug the unit, allow it to cool, and return it for repair to an authorized service representative only. No repairs should be attempted by the consumer.
Storage: when not in use, your appliance is easy to store. Allow appliance to cool, then store in a safe, dry location, out of reach of children. Do not jerk or strain cord at plug connections.
Save these instructions operating instructions: this flat iron is intended for household use. This unit is designed to operate at 120/240 volts AC. Use on alternating current (50/60 hertz) only. This appliance has a polarized plug (one blade is wider than the other). As a safety feature, this plug will fit in a polarized outlet only one way. If the plug does not fit fully in the outlet, reverse the plug. If it still does not fit, contact a qualified electrician. Do not attempt to defeat this safety feature.
Dual voltage: this hat iron will automatically adjust to the proper voltage. Use an adapter plug with correct configuration prior to use in outlet.
Straightening basics: plug the flat iron cord into any household outlet (120/240V). Press on/off button. Red light will blink until it reaches desired temperature setting and then becomes solid. To activate Turbo Heat®, press button and green light will go on and increase plate temperatures up to 20 degrees C/36 degrees F. To turn off, press on/off button again until red light goes out. Never leave your flat iron on and unattended. However, should you fail to turn the unit off, it will shut itself off automatically within 60 minutes.
Styling with the new easy-glide floating ceramic-coated plate the plate of your new flatiron is designed with a little give, to "float" in your iron. This provides better contact with hair., eliminating gaps, for straighter results. The easy-glide ceramic surface is the one of the latest-and best-technological advances in hair appliances the ceramic even heat distribution produces the ultimate in healthy, shiny, silky-looking hair. You'll find that hair glides easily over the surface of the plates as you're straightening, and that it is easier to clean styling products residue, etc off the plates after each use. The ceramic surface also helps smooth down flyways and frizzies. As you smooth your hair, heat is evenly distributed so that the style you create has a salon-perfect, silky smooth, shiny finish. Hair also glides right through the plates after it's straightened.
And that's not all. Conair's professional salon standards of engineering provide you with a uniform heat recovery system to maintain the flat iron at a constant temperature.
A constant surge of power ensures that heat is continuously delivered for optimal styling results, unlike other units that lose heat during use. It provides consistent styling power so that every strand of hair is set with the same level of heat for uniform results and a perfect finish.
Ceramic technology is a pleasure to work with, makes styling your hair easier and provides professional results.
Using instant heat, the 25 variable temperature settings and uniform heat recovery system the 400 degrees F high heat uniform heat recovery system provides fast, professional salon styling results at home. This flat iron features Conair's instant heat technology. It quickly heats up to the temperature you've selected for your hair type and is then ready to use.
Within this instant heat technology there are 25 temperature settings for every type of hair, from the finest to the curliest and most resistant.
Temperature setting guide.
Temp. Control - hair type.
Low 1-8 - delicate, thin, easy-to-straighten hair.
Medium 9-14 - average to thick or treated hair.
Med-high 15-20 - thick or wavy hair.
High 21-25 - hard-to-straighten hair.
Turbo Heat® - up to 20 degrees C/36 degrees F burst of heat for difficult styling spots.
Turns curls into smooth hair in seconds.