|Item Weight||4.5 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||11.5 x 3 x 3 inches|
|California residents||Click here for Proposition 65 warning|
|Item model number||CD87WCSR|
|Star Classification||Ambient: Room Temperature|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Conair Instant Heat Curling Iron, 1-inch Curling Iron
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Conair Instant Heat 1-inch Curling Iron designed to create flowy loose curls
- 25 heat settings for all hair types with instant 30-second heat up to 400°F and Turbo Heat feature, which increases barrel temperature by up to 36°F
- Patented Euro design, nonslip grip handle
- Extra-long cool tip and Auto Off feature
- Dual voltage for international travel.
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Conair Instant Heat Curling Iron; 1-inch
Welcome to the world of advanced styling, where curling irons heat up in less than a minute, where you can choose between 25 different temperature settings for any hair type, and where, if left unattended, your curling iron automatically turns off. Conair's 1-inch curling iron is ideal for creating those medium-to-large bouncing curls. Featuring dual voltage settings, the iron allows you to select either standard North American 125-volt or 250-volt foreign electricity operation, so you can use your curler when you're traveling abroad. Its sure-grip handle has a patented design for greater control and precision, and the electronic on/off touch pad is easy to use. If you forget to turn off the curler (too busy fending off your admirers, we assume), it will automatically shut itself off. With that 60-second heat-up time and a flashing indicator light that lets you know when you can start styling, you'll have playful curls to impress within minutes. And with a two-year limited warranty, you'll be curling for years to come. --Ariel Meadow StallingsSee all Product description
Safety WarningImportant safety instructions:
When using electrical appliances, especially when children are present, basic safety precautions should always be taken, including the following:
Read all instructions before using.
Keep away from water.
Any appliance is electrically live even when the switch is off.
To reduce the risk of death by electric shock:
1. Always unplug appliance immediately after using.
2. Do not use while bathing or in a shower.
3. Do not place or store appliance where it can fall or be pulled into a tub or sink.
4. Do not place in, or drop into water or other liquids.
5. If an appliance falls into water, unplug it immediately. Do not reach into the water.
To reduce the risk of burns, electrocution, fire, or injury to persons:
1. This appliance should never be left unattended when plugged in.
2. This appliance should not be used by, on, or near children or individuals with certain disabilities.
3. Use this appliance only for its intended use as described in this manual. Do not use attachments not recommended by the manufacturer.
4. Never operate this appliance if it has a damaged cord or plug, if it is not working properly, or if it has been dropped or damaged, or dropped into water. Return the appliance to an authorized service center for examination and repair.
5. Keep the cord away from heated surfaces. Do not pull, twist, or wrap cord around appliance, even during storage.
6. Never block the air openings of the appliance or place it on a soft surface, such as a bed or couch, where the air openings may be blocked. Keep the air openings free of lint, hair, and other debris.
7. Never use while sleeping.
8. Never drop or insert any object into any opening or hose.
9. Do not use outdoors or operate where aerosol (spray) products are being used or where oxygen is being administered.
10. Do not use an extension cord to operate appliance.
11. This curling iron is hot when in use. Do not let heated surfaces touch eyes or skin.
12. Do not place the heated curling iron directly on any surface or on the appliance power cord while it is hot or plugged in.
13. Do not touch hot surface of the appliance; use handles or cool tip.
14. Before plugging in, read the information about dual voltage in the operating instructions section of this manual.
15. Do not use a voltage converter with this product.
Save these instructions.
Caution - this product can burn eyes.
Warning: the iron's barrel will get very hot within a few seconds and should not be placed in contact with skin after the curling iron is turned on.
Keep away from children.
Keep away from children.
Never allow the power supply cord to be pulled or twisted. Never wrap the cord around the curling iron. Damage will occur at the high flex point of entry into the curling iron, causing it to rupture and short circuit. Inspect the cord frequently for damage. Stop use immediately if damage is visible or if unit stops or operates intermittently.
Warning: if you think the power is off when the switch is off, you're wrong.
Keep away from water.
Everyone knows that electricity and water are a dangerous combination. But did you know that an electric appliance is still electrically live even if the switch is off? If the plug is in, the power is on. So when you are not using your appliances, keep them unplugged.
Always unplug small appliances.
Legal DisclaimerThis product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
DirectionsInstruction & styling guide:
For your safety and continued enjoyment of this product, always read the instruction book carefully before using.
This curling appliance is intended for household use. Use on alternating current (50/60 hertz) only. This appliance has a polarized plug (one blade is wider than the other). As a safety feature, this plug will fit in a polarized outlet only one way. If the plug does not fit fully in the outlet, reverse the plug. If it still does not fit, contact a qualified electrician. Do not attempt to defeat this safety feature.
This curling iron has dual voltage. It will automatically adjust to the proper voltage. Use an adapter plug with correct configuration prior to use in outlet.
The iron's 25 temperature settings and instant heat technology provide styling versatility for all hair types. If you have fine hair, a low temperature will provide the best results. If you have thick, wavy or hard-to-curl hair, keep the heat setting on high. You can vary the iron's temperature according to your particular need!
Super styling guide:
Your best looks begin with a good haircut that's well maintained. Always treat hair well with superior quality shampoos, conditioners, and finishing products.
The barrel of your curling iron has a multilayer coating of steel, nickel, copper, nickel and chromium that retains heat and provides even heat distribution. The chromium surface smoothes and protects hair.
1. Plug the curling iron cord into a standard household electrical outlet (120/240V). Never leave your curling iron on and unattended. However, should you fail to turn the unit off, it will shut itself off automatically within 60 minutes.
2. Section dry hair evenly, and comb each section before winding. Pressing the automatic curl release, place curling iron midway up the hair section, then spread hair evenly between spoon and barrel. Release automatic curl release to hold hair in place. Gently slide curling iron down to hair ends. To avoid crimped ends, make sure they are securely wound under the spoon in the direction of the desired curl. Remember, always place the spoon above the hair strand when making a curl you want rolled under; place the spoon under the hair strand when making a flip style.
3. Wind the hair up as far as you want it curled, being careful not to let the iron touch the scalp. Hold in place for 8 to 12 seconds, depending on the texture and length of your hair. For tighter, bouncier curls, roll less hair. For looser, free-flowing curls, roll more hair.
4. To remove curling iron, unwind the hair and press the automatic curl release. To set the curl, do not comb or brush hair until it cools.
5. To achieve faster styling results, these units feature a unique, optional Turbo Heat® burst. Press the Turbo button to deliver up to 20 degrees C/36 degrees F more heat for maximum styling performance.
Using instant heat, the 25 variable temperature settings and heat recovery system.
This styling iron features Conair's instant heat technology. It heats up to the temperature you've selected for your hair type.
This instant heat technology includes 25 variable temperature settings for every type of hair, from the finest to the curliest and most resistant. Select the temperature range that's suitable for your hair type to help you create the look you want.
Temperature setting guide:
Temp. control - hair type.
Low 1-8 - delicate, thin, easy-to-curl hair.
Medium 9-14 - average to thick or treated hair.
Med-high 15-20 - thick or wavy hair.
High 21-25 - hard-to-curl hair.
Turbo Heat® - up to 20 degrees C/36 degrees F burst of heat for difficult styling spots.
And that's not all. Conair's professional salon standards of engineering provide you with a uniform heat recovery system that maintains the curling iron at constant temperatures.
There is a constant surge of power to ensure that heat is continuously delivered for optimal styling results, unlike other units which lose heat during use. This recovery system provides consistent styling power so that every strand of your hair is set with the same level of heat and comes out the same way for a perfect finish.
Your curling iron is virtually maintenance free. No lubrication is needed. Keep all vents and openings clear of dirt and dust. If cleaning becomes necessary, disconnect the curling iron from the power source, let it cool, and wipe exterior with a cloth. If any abnormal condition occurs, unplug the curling iron, allow it to cool, and return it for repair to an authorized service center only. No repairs should be attempted by the consumer.
When not in use, your appliance should be disconnected, allowed to cool, and stored in a safe, dry location out of reach of children. Do not jerk or strain cord at plug connections. Do not wrap the line cord around the appliance. Allow the cord to hang or lie loose and straight at the point of entry into the appliance.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Showing 1-8 of 2,122 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Either way, for $10 this little curler does the trick. People always ask me if I use some expensive wand for my curls. But no, it's just a simple 1" curling iron! You can go big or small with this depending on how much you brush the curl out (see pics). Heats up quickly and doesn't damage my fine hair.
With long, fine hair I did tinker with settings once or twice but it was all on the same run and the curls were amazingly sleek and shiny enough that you could probably see the glinting from space. WITHOUT PRODUCT the style held in southern humidity and heat for hours. So imagine what the results are with a little elixir or two to lock those locks in form.
The barrel is perfect for my long length, which is down to the middle of my shoulder blades, and I felt no need for a special heat glove. I did pin the curls up to cool as I released each one, which I always recommend for any curling technique. Those few extra minutes to "cook" and cool are instrumental in all-day hair.
The barrel is also large enough to function as an impromptu straightener, working from crown to tip in a gentle slide. If you go this route do be sure to pin up the top half of your hair, straighten the bottom portion and then straighten the top in sections. I do quarters: Back crown, left, right, front crown to frame the face.