Conair Sound Therapy Sound Machine
- Elemental therapy to soothe: sounds, rhythm, & nature
- 10 soothing sounds
- 60-Minute auto-off timer
- Volume control
- Battery operated or DC adapter
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and different information than what is shown on our website. We recommend that you do not rely solely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. Please see our full disclaimer below.
Top Customer Reviews
We tried it the first night, and we weren't happy with the white noise sound, but love the falling rain and the running stream. A few days later, I ended up stealing it from his side of the bed and putting it on mine, and I love the thing! Within 5 minutes, I am sound asleep. I love the volume control too, which some machines don't have. I'm probably going to buy one for everyone I know for Xmas next year - I'm that happy with it! Great value for the price too. Goes to show you don't always have to spend more to get a great product.
It's smaller, lighter weight and I was happy to get rid of the fan since it cooled the room down considerably (something we didn't need in the middle of winter in New England). We bought a second one for our room. Our home is close to the highway and at night it now feels like we are miles away from the busy road.
I also like the battery/plug option. It'll be handy for when we travel.
This is going to be the baby shower gift I give from now on!
- There's a single red LED light on top, which is not too obtrusive.
- The buttons make a click sound when pressed, so switching sounds while a baby is sleeping is not seamless. I don't recommend doing so.
- At a higher volume, the white noise sound has some distortion and other repetitive noises or ringing that occurs and is annoying if you're paying attention. We liked it at first because it replaced having to run a tabletop fan in the middle of winter, but the distortion got a bit annoying. So either I use it a low volumes, or if I need higher volume, I switch to the rain.
- The rain sound feels the most natural because the steady rain fall is not interrupted by noticeable cycling or repeat seams or other thunder sounds. It sounds like a steady rain is falling outside your windows, but without thunder and lightning.
23 January 2012 Update:
After a few months of usage, I noticed another issue that affects the quality of the sound machine:
If there is another electronic device in the room, the sound machine will occasionally have static. I finally figured out that the cell phones (either a smartphone-iPhone, or a regular primitive cell phone) were causing the interference. It's not immediate, but it's pretty disruptive in the middle of the night when it happens.Read more ›
We've moved it everywhere but can't figure out what is causing the interference. Because it only happens every few hours, if we go to sleep with it, we get woken up in the middle of the night with loud screeches.
Unless you have a room with NO electronics whatsoever, I wouldn't recommend to anyone.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Love my ocean waves and thunderstorms. Helps me drift off to sleep every nightPublished 10 hours ago by Amazon Customer
Very happy with my Conair white noise machine. This is the third one we have purchased. Both kids have one in their room and now we have one in our room. Read morePublished 1 day ago by Becky G.
We have had this for a few months and it works great! My husband works 3rd shift and my kids can be crazy during the day but this machine helps a lot.Published 1 day ago by Emelia
Malfunctioned in less than two months time. We used it over night to make white noise for the baby. The sound machine would stop producing sound after 5 to 10 minutes. Read morePublished 3 days ago by Mark George
I have used this specific Sound Machine for years now. and I have bought atleast 1/2 a dozen as gifts.. You want be disappointed with the quality and the price is Great...Published 3 days ago by JEFFREY
while this unit is a bit larger than I expected, my son loves it. It has many different sounds and he has used them all to help him sleep.Published 4 days ago by Rachel R.