Conair Sound Therapy Sound Machine
- Elemental therapy to soothe: sounds, rhythm, & nature
- 10 soothing sounds
- 60-Minute auto-off timer
- Volume control
- Battery operated or DC adapter
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and different information than what is shown on our website. We recommend that you do not rely solely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. Please see our full disclaimer below.
Top Customer Reviews
We tried it the first night, and we weren't happy with the white noise sound, but love the falling rain and the running stream. A few days later, I ended up stealing it from his side of the bed and putting it on mine, and I love the thing! Within 5 minutes, I am sound asleep. I love the volume control too, which some machines don't have. I'm probably going to buy one for everyone I know for Xmas next year - I'm that happy with it! Great value for the price too. Goes to show you don't always have to spend more to get a great product.
It's smaller, lighter weight and I was happy to get rid of the fan since it cooled the room down considerably (something we didn't need in the middle of winter in New England). We bought a second one for our room. Our home is close to the highway and at night it now feels like we are miles away from the busy road.
I also like the battery/plug option. It'll be handy for when we travel.
This is going to be the baby shower gift I give from now on!
- There's a single red LED light on top, which is not too obtrusive.
- The buttons make a click sound when pressed, so switching sounds while a baby is sleeping is not seamless. I don't recommend doing so.
- At a higher volume, the white noise sound has some distortion and other repetitive noises or ringing that occurs and is annoying if you're paying attention. We liked it at first because it replaced having to run a tabletop fan in the middle of winter, but the distortion got a bit annoying. So either I use it a low volumes, or if I need higher volume, I switch to the rain.
- The rain sound feels the most natural because the steady rain fall is not interrupted by noticeable cycling or repeat seams or other thunder sounds. It sounds like a steady rain is falling outside your windows, but without thunder and lightning.
23 January 2012 Update:
After a few months of usage, I noticed another issue that affects the quality of the sound machine:
If there is another electronic device in the room, the sound machine will occasionally have static. I finally figured out that the cell phones (either a smartphone-iPhone, or a regular primitive cell phone) were causing the interference. It's not immediate, but it's pretty disruptive in the middle of the night when it happens.Read more ›
We've moved it everywhere but can't figure out what is causing the interference. Because it only happens every few hours, if we go to sleep with it, we get woken up in the middle of the night with loud screeches.
Unless you have a room with NO electronics whatsoever, I wouldn't recommend to anyone.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Definitely has a subtle but noticeable "thump thump" every three seconds or so while playing the white noise. Read morePublished 17 hours ago by chris estle
I bought this machine, because my husband listens to sports radio at night. ALL NIGHT. I hate sports. Read morePublished 1 day ago by Shannon
I bought this for travel to replicate the sound of my fan that I use during sleep at home. I set it on white noise and the sound is close enough that I can sleep uninterupted. Read morePublished 1 day ago by PARK
The sound is faulty - cuts in and out. It was like that right out of the box. I tried using batteries vs the power cord and, both ways, the sound is faulty. Read morePublished 1 day ago by Angie C.
I found that this product has several sounds during the white noise setting (the most basic one) that would keep me awake. Read morePublished 2 days ago by Julie J.
If your looking for something to drown out noise for kiddos sleeping, THIS IS IT. Amazing battery life, great sound options, gets actually LOUD in order to fill a large room, even... Read morePublished 5 days ago by Abby