Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Conair Xtreme Instant Heat Multisized Hot Rollers, Pink
Amazon Vehicles GoldBox Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Britney Spears Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Water Sports STEM

on October 2, 2004
For someone like me who is clueless about how to style hair, these are a dream come true. If curling irons have always made you look like abstract art, and not in a good way, and you've resigned yourself to having the hairstyle of an 11-year-old for the rest of your life, don't be dis"tress"ed any longer!

The Conair Ion Shine rollers are very easy to use, take very little time (five to 10 minutes to heat, a few minutes to roll, and about 10 minutes running around the house looking like Medusa while they set) and the results are gorgeous, natural-looking and last all day.

I am told by my hairdresser that they won't damage hair, either. I've been using them for months and my fine hair (that's meant as an adjective, not a self-congratulation) is as healthy as can be.

The only negative, and it's a minor one, is that it's a bit cumbersome if you have to transport it from room to room, and if you don't grab it firmly by the base you can snap off the dome (or at least I can). But this shouldn't be an issue in general.

(Incidentally, I wound up buying another set for everyday use and put the one with the snapped lid in the new set's box. I keep it in my suitcase as my travel set.)

***

ADDENDUM, 6/28/11:

In response to a comment by Carrie, you're correct; my review was of the Conair Ion Shine Instant Heat Hairsetter, which is predominantly cornflower blue in color and, apparently, discontinued. Amazon switched out products on this page!
22 comments| 240 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 7, 2003
Tired of foam rollers and waiting for your hair to set in two or more hours? I was and purchased this yesterday with good results. There was no static electricity in my hair after using it. For myself, I did need to use hairspray to hold the set, maybe you have the type of hair that might not. The stay cool ends are important and the curlers are made well, as well as the clips. The plastic case covering over the rollers as you heat them should stay down to create the appropriate environment for the ion process to work. That covering is very "chintzy" plastic that is easy to crack or break off, so be cautious when flipping it back and forth.
11 comment| 125 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 25, 2005
With waist-length straight hair of medium thickness, tight curls are just not an option. I am happy to report that this hairsetter creates long shiney waves that help to beautifully frame the face. I feel as though I'm not burning my hair up when I use these rollers with their soft flocking.

My hair looks great and so far today my curls have lasted for 5 hours--a record as they usually last less than 45 minutes. This was definately worth purchasing.
11 comment| 96 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 11, 2007
DO NOT PURCHSE THIS PRODUCT IF YOU WANT WHAT IS ADVERTISED. The supplier of this product is not supplying the product as advertised. The unit should come with the SMART Clips(Plastic Clips) but instead is supplied with cheap wire clips that do not secure your hair. I purchased the product because of my fine hair and looked forward to the SMART Clips keeping the hair on the rollers. The Product shown and the insert in the package shows and states I should have these clips.

After contacting the supplier I am told that I would have to pay a further $4.95 +S/H to get these clips. Well why is this so,if I have paid for them and they were supposed to have these already supplied with the product purchased. The customer service operator was not helpful, rude and refused to let me talk to her supervisor or any one in authority, other then repeating I will have to pay for these supposedly supplied Smart Clips.

After the treatment I recieved with the Customer Service people at Conair I would never recommend their products to anyone.
77 comments| 134 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 6, 2005
I love the fact that these curlers are wrapped in a soft velvety material that doesn't burn your hands to touch like metal, and doesn't damage your hair so much as metal seems to burn. It holds curl better than any brand or size curling iron I've ever used. I curled my hair at 9:30AM went to work from 10-4 and with a small touch of sebastian hair spray, my curls lasted through out the whole day. Even through work! Which I work in a humid hot area where most hair will fall flat within an hour or two.

I deffinetly recommend this product, I dont think you'll be disappointed and not only that but it comes with a 1 year warranty, how great is that?
on April 11, 2005
I have two sets of these hot rollers. I use the larger curlers since i have very long and very thick hair. Always had good experience with Conair products and recommend them.
FYI...also they work well with shine and root-lift stylers
on December 31, 2004
I am very pleased with these hot rollers. I had an older set from Conair with the pins to hold the rollers in and was getting very frustrated with the pins and rollers falling out. The newer design of these clips is excellent. My hair is silky and the older pins just didn't stay in very well. Another plus is that the clips fit all the roller sizes because of their design so you don't have to search for the right size clip like the older sets. Bravo Conair and thanks for the speedy delivery Amazon !
on January 11, 2005
I think these hair rollers are great. I have long relaxed hair thats extremely difficult to curl without using lots of hairspray. I gave the rollers 15 minutes to heat up and after rolling I left them in for 20 mins while I did other stuff. My curls where so soft and full of body and I did not need to use any hairspray for the set. Only a little afterward for finishing. The plastic lid is fragile and should be handled with care as not to break it. Another trick for difficult to curl hair, like mine, is to wash it the night before.

Over all Im very pleased with this product's performance.
on August 14, 2005
I bought the Conair CHV26IX Ion Shine Instant Heat Hair Setter 7/14/2005. It is a great machine and heats up quickly and is easy to use. I have no problems w/ the way it works, except the ends are hot to the touch. Other than that (which isn't really a big problem) it worked really well, the way it was supposed to work.
on April 7, 2007
This Conair Heat Hair Setter works fine. However, one of the reasons I ordered this was because of the new types of clips that was advertised in the product description. They were not, however, included. I received the hair setter with the old style of clip which does not work well with my fine hair.