Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New album by Luke Bryan STEM $54.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on July 3, 2017
This book was wonderful from start to finish! My only complaint about this book is that it ended!! This is a must read for others like me who after all these years cannot get enough of Darcy and Elizabeth.
on July 2, 2017
Another winner from Abigail Reynolds. Totally different royal storyline with Darcy and Elizabeth together at the end. I loved it.
on June 30, 2017
I enjoyed the intrigue and secrecy. I love how Darcy and Elizabeth met. This was such an unexpected variation and I enjoyed every word and wished for more at the end.
on June 27, 2017
I loved how ODC met and got to know each other. This was original and classy. I highly recommend this book.
on June 24, 2017
Finally a mind-blowing, well thought-out P&P variations. I was begining to think that I would never again read some trully good P&P variation (that could be compared to other non-fanfiction books and still be considered good) here on Amazon. The book was action-packed, balanced, everything was "just so" and perfect. No complaints.
It does show, that Mrs. Reynolds is not only talented but wanted to write a really good book (and not just make money).
on June 20, 2017
A wonderful and very original reimagining of my favourite book Pride and Prejudice. Abigail is one of my favourite authors and always delivers sublime novels. This was a joy to read from start to finish. Darcy hiding the future Queen from the French by claiming her as his sister Georgiana. Once he meets Elizabeth everything begins to unravel.
There is lots of drama and many nail biting moments. A beautiful romance between Darcy and Elizabeth. A highly recommended read!
on June 20, 2017
This book was well written, as usual from this author. However, the storyline is too far fetched for the two main characters, Fitzwilliam Darcy and Elizabeth Bennett, in what is supposed to be a Pride and Prejudice variation. I doubt very much that these two characters would be involved in circumstances so radical. I could hardly wait to finish the book, it was so incredulous.
Therefore, this book receives only three stars; really because the characters are well developed, and the book is well written.
I would not recommend this book for die hard Pride and Prejudice fans, for the reasons stated above. If a good book is only what is required, then it is recommended.
on June 19, 2017
This was so different from other variations, and very well written. I couldn't put it down. I like that it started with the "what if" of it being set during a French occupation.
on June 19, 2017
I am in constant awe of so many authors in the world of JAFF that I now measure new (to me) books by a totally different standard. How, then, to evaluate "Conceit & Concealment" by Abigail Reynolds?
First the easy part. Without revealing too much, yes. This tells the Darcy and Elizabeth seemingly thwarted at every turn on their pursuit of happiness ever after. Is Darcy a traitor? Is Georgiana Darcy who she says she is!? Is Elizabeth guilty of taking too many walks? How will Jane meet Bingley if she's in hiding?
Second, it is SO MUCH MORE!!! Abigail Reynolds uses her substantial intelligence to revise English history to describe life under the rule of Napoleon Bonaparte. I particularly liked that she is totally unapologetic for rearranging history to meet her literary purposes.
Third, her characters -- and there are many of them-- are so far beyond the usual Caroline Bingley, Mr. Collins, et al , that I almost felt I was reading a whole new view of "Regency" England (Since Napoleon was Emperor and his family and henchmen ruled the day, the term Regency can't apply.) But truth will prevail ... if you're patient!
Which brings me to Fourth, the overall experience. I'm forgetting the exact details, but Mozart was once told to revise some music he composed because it had "too many notes". Mozart defended himself, stating, "But Majesty, which notes should I remove? This music has exactly the right number of notes!" Some people may feel that "Conceit & Concealment" is long. It is a full length novel, not a short story, not a novella. The plot is exquisite, the characters are well conceived, and to deny anyone their rightful role, or anything its rightful length and rightful place would be grand theft. My challenge to Ms. Reynolds is "how will you surpass yourself next time?" This book felt like a magnum opus to me.
on June 19, 2017
What a unique story line. England under the French rule. Imagine the intrigue. Just when I thought there could be no more twists and turns came another surprise. Many of the characters remained mostly unchanged, or were altered due to their change in circumstances. I could still imagine D&E in this premise. I would recommend this story to anyone who enjoys a P&P variation.