- Paperback: 768 pages
- Publisher: Prentice Hall; 3rd edition (April 9, 2010)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0135077591
- ISBN-13: 978-0135077597
- Product Dimensions: 8.4 x 1 x 10.8 inches
- Shipping Weight: 3.2 pounds
- Average Customer Review: 30 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #792,006 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Core Concepts in Pharmacology (3rd Edition) 3rd Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
From the Back Cover
Prediction of drug action requires a thorough knowledge of both natural and applied sciences, making pharmacology one of the most challenging subjects for those embarking on careers in the health sciences. Assuming no prior knowledge, Core Concepts in Pharmacology presents a comprehensive, interdisciplinary perspective drawing upon core concepts of anatomy, physiology, and pathology to make drug therapy understandable. An essential book for anyone entering into an allied health occupation, it is appropriate for a stand-alone course or as a resource for anyone looking for a refresher.
- A FREE CD-ROM containing an interactive mathematics program, as well as animations of drug action
- A FREE Companion Website containing additional review questions, links to pharmacology resources, and a test bank
- Learning Objectives and Key Terms at the beginning of each chapter
- Concept Reviews and Client Teaching boxes throughout each chapter reinforce difficult concepts
- Chapter-ending review questions allow for critical thinking and review
- A prototype approach to drug therapy with the most common described in detail and the remaining highlighted in a grid that shows the similarities and differences
- Mechanism in Action feature shows life-like illustrations of drug action within the body for all prototype drugs - animated versions on the CD-ROM
- Numerous diagrams and line art for visual learning
- On the Job feature that discuss how pharmacology is applied the health occupations
- Alternative and herbal therapies in each drug chapter
About the Author
Michael Patrick Adams, RT(R), PhD is the Associate Dean for Health, Mathematics, and Science at Pasco-Hernando Community College. He is an accomplished educator, author, and national speaker. The National Institute for Staff and Organizational Development in Austin, Texas named Dr. Adams a Master Teacher. He has been registered by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists for over 30 years. Dr. Adams obtained his master's degree in pharmacology from Michigan State University and his doctorate in education from the University of South Florida.
Leland Norman Holland, PhD, JR is the Science Chair in the Division for Health, Mathematics, and Science at Pasco-Hernando Community College. He is actively involved in teaching and preparing students for various health professions including nursing, dentistry, and pharmacy. He comes to the teaching profession after several years involvement in basic science research at the VA Hospital in Augusta, Georgia and the Medical College of Georgia, where he received his Ph.D. in pharmacology. He has taught pharmacology for 10 years at both the undergraduate and graduate levels. One of his paramount goals as an educator is to help students achieve success, and he has assisted many in their pursuit of healthcare degrees.