Concord Foods Candy Apple Red Kits, 5-Ounce Box (VALUE Pack of 24 Boxes)
- You are buying a VALUE 24 pack of the Candy Apple Kits!
- Each box makes 10 candy apples, so a total of 240 candy apples!
- Easy instructions on the back of the boxes
- Kit complete with sticks!
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Makes 10 candy apples.
Kit complete with sticks:
You will need:
1 candy apple kit.
1 candy thermometer.
1 cup water.
2 1/2 cups of sugar.
10 apples, 2 1/2"-3" in diameter (clean, dry and free of wax).
1. Mix contents of enclosed bag with water and sugar in a 2 qt. saucepan. Bring to boil.
No stirring is required. Continue cooking with medium high heat.
2. Cook candy syrup to the hard crack stage (302 degrees F on a candy thermometer*). Cook time is approximately 15 - 18 minutes from boil.
*If you don't have a thermometer, the hard crack stage is reached when a drop of syrup, dropped into cold water, hardens into a brittle thread.
3. While syrup is cooking, put sticks in up to 10 apples. Lightly grease a cookie sheet. When syrup is ready, remove from heat and dip apples. Store candy apples in cool, dry place. Do not refrigerate.
Caution: Because of the high heat of the syrup, candy apple making should be done by adults only. When the syrup is above 200 degrees F, do not add water. Do not pour syrup into drain. Spattering of the hot syrup will occur and possibly cause severe burns to the skin.
To reduce bubbling of the candy coating, stir in 1/8 tsp of solid shortening just before you dip the apples.
For easy clean-up, soak utensils in hot soapy water or fill candy coated pan with water, boil water until candy coating is dissolved.
Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and different information than what is shown on our website. We recommend that you do not rely solely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. Please see our full disclaimer below.