Who Reads Details?
With relevant, thought-provoking editorial content, portfolio-quality photography, and award-winning design, DETAILS stands at the forefront of culture and style and speaks to men who are confident, inquisitive, educated, and informed about where the world is going—and where it’s been. DETAILS is the magazine made for affluent, career-driven men who are forging the trends of their generation.
What You Can Expect in Each Issue:
Regular sections of Details include:
- Know+Tell: A section dedicated to news for the conspicuously clued-in, Know+Tell covers the latest innovations in design, food, drinks, cars, grooming, music, film, books, and personal finance.
- Style: The one-stop source for up-to-the-minute advice on where to shop, what to buy, and the right ways to wear what you buy. With detailed fashion spreads, profiles of up-and-coming designers, news about store openings, and “10 Rules of Style” from fashion icons, this section makes style accessible.
- Dossier: The home for every topic and issue a man cares about—careers, sex, relationships, masculinity, celebrity, fatherhood, and current events—all presented with a fresh, unique perspective.
- Exit: The “Exit” feature reveals what your various choices—in everything from cars to clothes, pop-cultural figures to political candidates—say about you.
- Culture: Thought-provoking columns by award-winning authors Michael Chabon and Augusten Burroughs.
- Wiseguy: A penetrating interview with a man of substance, intelligence, and experience, who shares his life lessons and his quick wit.
- Features: Longer-form stories including insightful cover profiles, clever cultural criticism, gorgeous fashion spreads, and gripping pieces of reportage pieces.
During his tenure, DETAILS editor-in-chief Daniel Peres has recruited such columnists as Michael Chabon, Augusten Burroughs, Anderson Cooper, Bruce Wagner, and Rick Moody to the magazine, along with top-tier photographers such as Steven Klein, Terry Richardson, Michael Thompson, Tom Munro, and Mary Ellen Mark. DETAILS demands the finest writing and photography in the industry, and its contributors are reflections of the magazine’s dedication to providing the highest-quality content to its readership.
DETAILS’ design is clever, conceptual, and clean. The magazine uses award-winning photography to complement its top-flight written features. And each section of the magazine is visually defined, with a distinct graphic identity that allows the reader to know where he is in the magazine.
Comparisons to Other Magazines
DETAILS’ point of passion—and of differentiation—is its knowledge of its readers, their interests, and their tastes. DETAILS is the only magazine written for contemporary, successful, educated men who are interested in the latest events, the finest fashions, and the most cutting-edge ideas.
Apple, Armani, Bally, Banana Republic, Bang & Olufsen, Bloomingdale’s, Burberry, Cadillac, Calvin Klein, Claiborne, Coach, Converse, Diesel, DKNY, Dolce & Gabbana, Ford, French Connection, Gant, Grey Goose, Gucci, Guess, Hilfiger, Hugo Boss, Jaguar, Johnnie Walker, Lacoste, Land Rover, Louis Vuitton, Macy’s, Mercedes Benz, Mont Blanc, Nautica, Nordstroms, Patron, Polo, Prada, Salvatore Ferragamo, Stolichnaya, Svedka, Tod’s, Tom Ford Menswear, Yves Saint Laurent, and Zegna.
DETAILS has been one of the most honored magazines by its peers since it was re-launched in 2000. It has won two National Magazine Awards for Design (2002 and 2003), and been named finalist for seven other NMAs, including General Excellence. DETAILS has been recognized by the Society of Publication Designers with three Gold Medals in Magazine Design and one in Photography, as well as five Silver Medals.